Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

A General Grand Theft Auto Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

1900 seems high, especially when you start spending more time in freemode, which pays off with significantly less RP.

1,000? Oh yeah. Maybe 1,300. But even that seems high to me.

Secret Horsemen tank fighting strategy: "to the Mini-Cooper!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Melraz and I got our first ever GTA car show invite last night.  It was cute. They even had a guy running security.  I don’t think we’re gonna get invited back. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jstout said:

You'll wind up in Juvie for stint No. 3

I have you know I am only got one trip to juvie. You were our only repeat offender. 
 

You need to come visit when we’re on sometime. The dots haven’t got any better and Simeon cars net 20k now

Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear the try-hards with their remote control tanks, flying motorcycles, suicide penchants and Mary Lous. 

I'll try to get updated tomorrow, fuck it. Connection problems may be a big problem - haven't forwarded my ports since switching cable companies a year and a half ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jstout said:

I fear the try-hards with their remote control tanks, flying motorcycles, suicide penchants and Mary Lous. 

Yeah, a lot of that's still around, but it's less annoying somehow now.  Maybe I just don't give a shit any longer. If it gets annoying, I just change rooms.

It's weird how stuff seems to go in and out of fashion.  Since I started back playing a bit I've only run into one suicide queen.  RPG spamming also seems to have gone out of style.  I've run into a few scout sniper folks, but not nearly like we used to.  Still a lot of flying motorcycles, but not quite as many as I remember from the past.  The only ones that bother me are the guys that constantly use their stupid bikes to move from building to building to sit on top of your head.  I just try to annoy those back.  Most people don't know how to use em, so I just stay on foot and try to shoot em off.  It works more often than you'd think.  Think I've only seen one Delorean.  Only seen one remote control tank.  Those are automatic room change for me.  On the other hand, jets seem to have made a weird comeback, though I've only run into two people that knew how to use em.

Mary Lou, of course, never goes out of style.  BTW, you missed me doing a picture perfect one during a T-ball game a couple weeks ago.  Had to do it to avoid crushing one of my players.  Gave the folks in the stands a good laugh.  Surprisingly I lived through it, though my right shoulder and half my upper back ached for a couple days afterwards.

14 hours ago, jstout said:

I'll try to get updated tomorrow, fuck it. Connection problems may be a big problem - haven't forwarded my ports since switching cable companies a year and a half ago.

Hey, the game's only been out 7 1/2 years.  They'll get the connection stuff sorted out soon.

Edited by Robert C
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Found it, finally. But I don't find it until Robert is ready to run off and go save the universe. Me and Melraz can carry on.

I went on last night and was floored by the changes - there's that new (to me) nightclub near the casino, and one player had an arcade with a secret door that led to a gun-modifying stop and several vehicles. Couldn't do anything because the player wouldn't let me (of course). It's amazing the shit they've kept on pumping out for this game considering it's 7 years old and they don't really make any money off keeping the things going.

I tried to get a Simeon car, but it occurred to me that I've forgotten what the cars are. They've expanded the list from the old days, and expanded the list of daily objectives. I never really engaged anybody. There's a fun mode called Arena Wars or something like that that's kinda like a demolition derby with the usual GTA twists. I played one called Tag Team where players can tag in a relief driver and take over some kind of weapon so you don't get bored. I had a machine gun turret, another player had a remote-control car that I assume detonated, but I dunno. The mode struck me as something that would have been a stone hoot during the crew night days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jstout said:

Found it, finally. But I don't find it until Robert is ready to run off and go save the universe. Me and Melraz can carry on.

I went on last night and was floored by the changes - there's that new (to me) nightclub near the casino, and one player had an arcade with a secret door that led to a gun-modifying stop and several vehicles. Couldn't do anything because the player wouldn't let me (of course). It's amazing the shit they've kept on pumping out for this game considering it's 7 years old and they don't really make any money off keeping the things going.

I tried to get a Simeon car, but it occurred to me that I've forgotten what the cars are. They've expanded the list from the old days, and expanded the list of daily objectives. I never really engaged anybody. There's a fun mode called Arena Wars or something like that that's kinda like a demolition derby with the usual GTA twists. I played one called Tag Team where players can tag in a relief driver and take over some kind of weapon so you don't get bored. I had a machine gun turret, another player had a remote-control car that I assume detonated, but I dunno. The mode struck me as something that would have been a stone hoot during the crew night days.

Oh, I'll still be around, if anybody's on.  It's not like I haven't played through all the Mass Effect games a time or two.  Won't be on for a few days at least, since the mayor and I are both somehow on vacation at the same time.

I don't know how long it's been since you were on, but they've added all kinds of stuff.  I think there may be three heists you've never done.

They added a bunch of the lower end, older supers as Simeon cars.  I don't know which ones exactly, but I do know the Infernus is one of em.

My favorite thing in the game right now is business battles. They're the special crate equivalent for 2021.  Basically a shitstorm generator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jstout said:

It's amazing the shit they've kept on pumping out for this game considering it's 7 years old and they don't really make any money off keeping the things going.

They're still making tons of money off of it, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars per year.  It's one of the top 5 most played PS4 games and they just had their biggest month since 2013 for transactions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant that they don't charge a subscription fee. I can't believe people buy cards and whatnot from them. I know the game has achieved this status that everybody owns it, it seems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Los Santos was there, like falling into old habits. No one was good, no one was bad, everyone was there.

I did figure out one jump bike guy. I had to get out of the car, first off. He them tried to run over me, naturally, so I blasted him off his bike with a shotgun and blew up his bike. That made me probably a little too happy. Will have to discuss that with the shrink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jstout said:

Los Santos was there, like falling into old habits. No one was good, no one was bad, everyone was there.

I did figure out one jump bike guy. I had to get out of the car, first off. He them tried to run over me, naturally, so I blasted him off his bike with a shotgun and blew up his bike. That made me probably a little too happy. Will have to discuss that with the shrink.

Was good playin with you for first time in forever.  

Could you ever hear me? I heard static once or twice, but that’s it. 

I had way too much fun watching you close in on dots on the map

Speed limit wasn’t bad. He was annoyingly like me. He and I had infinite Mary Lou contests.  Poor scorpion was level 8 and stuck on the beach.  Tater tot put a bounty on me, which was nice 

the jet bike guys were annoying, but not much more than that  I got a bunch of em for maybe one death  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Communication was a no-go. When I could hear you, it was the clacking of 1,000 Mary Lous.

Motorcycle boys fuck up car travel, which fucks up Allah Akbars. Why, I don't know, but it pisses me off when I can't do what I want.

There were about 23 people in the room at all times, yet not much seemed to be going on.

I did deliver a Simeon car. I had to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, jstout said:

I did deliver a Simeon car. I had to.

I don't have PS+ anymore but online play was "free" last weekend, so I got online.  Ended up doing a bunch of the Simeon missions.  They were actually really fun as you could tell there was a bunch of old farts like me spraying and praying everything and anything that came around versus the newbies who were scared to even get in a car.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I stole a Dewbachee Exemplar (still my favorite car in the game) and it said Simeon wanted the car. I was like "who am I to argue?" 20K, not bad.

I haven't played a bunch of the newer content. My shooting lacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I finally got around to getting GTA V and am making my way through story mode.  We'll see if I stick around for online stuff but it's pretty damn great so far.

And yes, the fact that I'm getting this game 8 years after it came out makes me feel like an old man trying to see what the cool kids are up to.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jstout said:

I stole a Dewbachee Exemplar (still my favorite car in the game) and it said Simeon wanted the car. I was like "who am I to argue?" 20K, not bad.

Yeah, I had to do the same on the car.  Think I stole the same one.  It was weird when I dropped it off.  The door wouldn't open.  I got the the guy talking to me while I was in the car outside.   Ended up getting out, then back in.  After that, it let me in

13 hours ago, jstout said:

I haven't played a bunch of the newer content. My shooting lacks.

Have you done any of the later heists.  I know you've done the original five.  I've done two of the three new ones.  Never finished the casino.  I'm sure there are a bunch of missions I've never done.  I've done the casino series.  I know for sure I've never done the new Simeon, Gerald or yacht ones.  Don't know what else is out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I pulled into the garage, it did its spiel, then I sat there. Had to pull the car up slightly to get it to work. 

I didn't even know there was new Simeon and Gerald content. I saw pointers to them on the map, but I figured it was pointing to the old missions. I think there's Lamar stuff I haven't done.

I know I haven't done the casino and nightclub heists. Is there another? I did all the originals that came out years ago.

Lemme guess: Nothing pays like it should, considering you have to buy a $2.2 million submarine to do one of them.

And it still hassles me to buy a yacht.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Casino and Island heists pay out decent, if you solo them.  If you do a crew, it's not worth the setup costs.

If you have Amazon Prime and link your Rockstar acct to Twitch, you get $1M a month until GTO launches on current Gen. (it was also giving you the advance for the sub for a while, but I don't know if it still is, I havent' logged in myself in a few months.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jstout said:

I know I haven't done the casino and nightclub heists. Is there another? I did all the originals that came out years ago.

Yeah, there's one more.  I forget what it's called.  Unsurprisingly, you have to buy something (a bunker) to start it.

37 minutes ago, jstout said:

Lemme guess: Nothing pays like it should, considering you have to buy a $2.2 million submarine to do one of them.

In your heart, you know the answer here.

34 minutes ago, Raziel said:

If you have Amazon Prime and link your Rockstar acct to Twitch, you get $1M a month until GTO launches on current Gen. (it was also giving you the advance for the sub for a while, but I don't know if it still is, I havent' logged in myself in a few months.)

Isn't that PS4 only?  I didn't think it applied to xbox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 6:01 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Well I finally got around to getting GTA V and am making my way through story mode.  We'll see if I stick around for online stuff but it's pretty damn great so far.

And yes, the fact that I'm getting this game 8 years after it came out makes me feel like an old man trying to see what the cool kids are up to.

I played it back in the day on the 360, and was feeling the itch, and after realizing that I've played all the games on the like GTA 5 list, I noticed it was only $15 for the PS4 on a sale and bit the bullet and I'm back in. Played about 5-6 hours so far, and I'm glad I don't remember much of it. Haven't been doing any freelance stuff yet, just going main missions. I'll get to fucking around more once I unlock Trevor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...