DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

Yes, they are playing the Jaguars on the 13th. All I can think of to say is that it might as well be Friday the 13th for Jacksonville, as they will be disemboweled.

But it is pretty cool you got to see a live NFL game, Mr. Monday Morning.

Oh hey, don't get me wrong man, I've seen like 4 of the previous Wembley games and a handful when on vacation in the US, not my first rodeo. I WAS THERE to see Cleo Lemon duel it out with Eli in a monsoon. The Wembley games pretty much are always dreadful, Saints-Chargers excepted. This was very similar to that , 2 decent but flawed teams with crappy defences (as they were then) which meant a very open game. And with no rooting interest it was enjoyable.

Now Jags-Niners in a few weeks...yeah I'm avoiding that one.

Those new Dolphins uni's- WOOF. . .

I don't mind them, but it just seems like one of those what was the point of changing them things. They're not different enough on TV to really constitute a change. The font for the numbers and names is pretty dumb.

I don't mind them, but it just seems like one of those what was the point of changing them things. They're not different enough on TV to really constitute a change. The font for the numbers and names is pretty dumb.

The unis.have been threatening by LED all night. . . . 

Oh hey, don't get me wrong man, I've seen like 4 of the previous Wembley games and a handful when on vacation in the US, not my first rodeo. I WAS THERE to see Cleo Lemon duel it out with Eli in a monsoon. The Wembley games pretty much are always dreadful, Saints-Chargers excepted. This was very similar to that , 2 decent but flawed teams with crappy defences (as they were then) which meant a very open game. And with no rooting interest it was enjoyable.

Now Jags-Niners in a few weeks...yeah I'm avoiding that one.

Oh, Cleo Lemon, there's a person I haven't though of in a long time. I don't blame you for avoiding the second game next month.

Due to Oakland having an old-ass stadium that's dual-purpose and the A's having a game there on Saturday night, to have time to change it to the football layout, the game is being moved to 11:35 PM ET on Sunday night. It will be on the NFL Network so it's going to be a really long Sunday. Maybe most importantly everyone in the country can now see the Broncos-probably-manhandle the Cowboys.

I do like the Keenan Lewis - Mike Wallace angle they are going with

Def my favorite story of the week. Kind of nuts, the odds of this happening.This is goddamn CATHARTIC after last season. We'll be lucky to win one of our next two (at CHI and Foxboro), but the rest of the division is so shitty that they can breathe easy if it gets a little rough. Oh and Sproles tonight. Fuck.

The unis.have been threatening by LED all night. . . . 

Yeah, it looks like I'm watching a regular, old Miami Dolphins game with my TV on a different brightness setting.

Honestly, my impression is the Dolphins will be okay, but come on. Playing the Saints in that Dome while still riding the "Sean Payton is back" wave is just always going to be death. And I still think if the Saints defense is just okay all year, they are the best threat to the Seahawks right now in the conference. People have seen the Saints offense shred so many people that it gets treated like it's ho hum now and expected, but it is really still miles ahead of what most non-Denver teams can dream of.

Seriously. No visitor in the NFL could win/is winning in the Superdome this year. Phins are legit and will be lethal when healthy. Wake would have made this so much closer.

Also gotta love the same announcers

/analysts tossing Manning's salad for throwing seven touchdowns bitching about the Saints throwing with an 18 point lead with ten minutes left in the game.