DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NHL SEASON: Period Three

Dolfan in NYC

Devils clinch a playoff spot tonight, so Taylor Hall finally reaches the playoffs. I have tickets for the first two home games, $50 each. One I bought at the box office tonight, one I bought yesterday via TicketScammer and got hit with $20 in fees. I hate fucking TicketBastard. If the Flyers do anything but lose in regulation at home Saturday vs the horrible Rangers they clinch regardless of what Florida does. Basically Florida is fucked.

13 hours ago, Dewar said:

When did Nashville fans lose their minds? They had a goal disallowed against Florida (hint: You are not allowed to spin the goalie around by jabbing his pads with your stick), and in protest someone mailed two dead catfish to the NHL office.

Yeah, when I finally saw the replay, my thought was, "why is there even any controversy? That was incredibly obvious." 

Also, the Panthers have a ridiculous bank shot possibility of making it to the playoffs IF... they beat the Sabres tomorrow at home AND then beat the Bruins on the road AND the Flyers lose to the Rangers tomorrow.   

I really hate that I have to cheer for the Rangers, but...  fuck it. 

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The always polarizing John Shannon is suggesting the Sedins go in the HOF together as a unit. 

The Sedins are no worse than the second greatest players in the entire history of a team that is almost 50 years old (only Bure could be argued to be better, but in terms of Canucks history I'd put the Sedins on top because their tenure was significantly longer). The idea that they shouldn't go into the hall strikes me as absurd.

Sedins >>> Bure and Pavel is my favourite Canuck. They were around forever and Henrik's 2011 was more of a standout then than any of Bure's years in Vancouver. Easy HOF candidates and John Shannon can go take the longest of walks off a short pier if he's arguing they should basically get halfsies HOF treatment. 

• Like 1

Casey and Nylander both get their first NHL goals last night (and Casey has 5 points in 4 NHL games) #HOPE

Also Casey is #37, and I so want to believe he picked that number to honor the most famous Casey ever who was... Amazin'!!!

Fuck.

The only possible explanation for an entire team to be this sluggish in a win-and-in final game is a carbon monoxide leak on the plane, which maybe explains why Jake Allen is the only one who's awake and functioning since he wasn't on it.

Blues look like they are going to receive a get out of jail card here.

WHAT??? There was a replay that clearly showed the puck was out.

41 minutes ago, piranesi said:

No sane person one watching these two teams could think the NHL playoffs would be better with St. Louis in them than with Colorado.

So you've reached the 5th stage of grief: acceptance??? 

16 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Rangers axe Vigneault. 

Meanwhile Garth and Dead Weight are going to keep their jobs because the Islanders are owned by slumlord scum who see the team as nothing more than a real estate pawn.

And Phail Housley is going to keep his job because we clearly haven't suffered enough and need to throw away next season as well.