DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Once you get your baseline weapons, you can abandon Recruit Packs.  Krogans and Turians are Rare / Ultra Rare so you have a better chance of getting them with eithe Spectre Packs, Premium Spectre Packs, or Character Packs. I think my girlfriend is headed back home Saturday night because she has to work her part-time gig.  I should be back at my crib around 6PM-ish from taking my kid home. If you guys are online, I will be down for some multiplayer.  We can roll with Gold missions, because IIRC Rippa is also a couple of maps short of getting the Unwavering achievment (extraction on Gold difficulty for all of the original maps).  I am pretty handy with my N7 Paladin so I will probably run that toon if we follow that plan.

Once you get your baseline weapons, you can abandon Recruit Packs.  Krogans and Turians are Rare / Ultra Rare so you have a better chance of getting them with eithe Spectre Packs, Premium Spectre Packs, or Character Packs. I think my girlfriend is headed back home Saturday night because she has to work her part-time gig.  I should be back at my crib around 6PM-ish from taking my kid home. If you guys are online, I will be down for some multiplayer.  We can roll with Gold missions, because IIRC Rippa is also a couple of maps short of getting the Unwavering achievment (extraction on Gold difficulty for all of the original maps).  I am pretty handy with my N7 Paladin so I will probably run that toon if we follow that plan.

I work back to back overnights this weekend, but will be on from whenever to 9. Have a working headset too.

I will be on same bat time and channel all week.  I am off to Maryland this weekend because it's my birthday celebration time.

If you lads want to get together and kill Collectors on Wednesday night, then I am all in.

Chances for my participation this coming Wednesday are very good..  My gaming schedule is GTG for most weekdays and Rippa does not have the live wrasslin tweet dealie to contend with.  If we can convince Fresh to fire up his toons, we can go in with a full DVDVR squad.

Wednesday should work for me - though I am starting to think I am having connection problems again.

But that is more a case of I think my 360 isn't getting happy with how much I am longing after a PS3

I now I have the rest of today and tomorrow off to try and finish ME2

Oh there is also this

ne last thing of note - and something that might back up a return to Mass Effect 1's planet exploration: lead BioWare designer Ian Frazier's contribution to the Twitter conversation was this impressive piece of wall art featuring the Mako, your planet-bound vehicle in Mass Effect 1.

"So we can draw inspiration for the future," Frazier wrote, accompanying the picture. "What ever could you mean by that?" Mass Effect producer Mike Gamble replied.

"It's the idea of exploring a vast universe," Hudson concluded in a new retrospective blog post on the series. "Going out and seeing amazing new things. It's scale: seeing new planets, new species, and having choices that matter. Because it's a story, and one that you care about. It's going to continue on, and the things people love about Mass Effect they'll see even better in the next generation of games."

“I was watching a playthrough of a super-renegade player doing Tali’s loyalty mission. He was about to finish the trial, and after all his renegade decisions, I really didn’t want to watch him break Tali’s heart. Then he pauses the playthrough, goes to the chat box, and says, ‘I don’t know what to do, guys. I don’t wanna hurt Tali.’"

I woulda punched her in her stupid mask.

So in order to increase my skill set online, I've decided to try to start every character from level 1 and raise them to level 20 by themselves. At that point, I'm going to try to take every character in the game through at least one gold run to judge what is good, and what is not.

For starters, the Human Adept is good. Very very good.