DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

I haven't seen you play any ME3 multiplayer lately.  You've promoted so many characters that you don't fear for your GR% anymore, I guess.

I see you on and I always am "I should play multiplayer..." but I want to get through my FemShep playthroughs so I can finally start playing other games again. I figure by then I will have saved up enough for SR4. Of course I also need to do the Borderlands 2 stuff before Aaron flies to my house and punches me in the face.

Plus - thanks to fucking live tweeting wrestling, I feel bad playing for a hour and then having to bail.

So blame the WWE and TNA

I haven't seen you play any ME3 multiplayer lately.  You've promoted so many characters that you don't fear for your GR% anymore, I guess.

Plus, all you need is 3100 to get all the endings now. You can get that without multiplayer.

I see you on and I always am "I should play multiplayer..." but I want to get through my FemShep playthroughs so I can finally start playing other games again. I figure by then I will have saved up enough for SR4. Of course I also need to do the Borderlands 2 stuff before Aaron flies to my house and punches me in the face.

Plus - thanks to fucking live tweeting wrestling, I feel bad playing for a hour and then having to bail.

So blame the WWE and TNA

Yeah, I should probably crank away at some B2 before Aaron disowns me.  SR4 and GTA5 are going to be the latest additions to the Pile of Shame.

So blame the WWE and TNA

Yeah, I should probably crank away at some B2 before Aaron disowns me.  SR4 and GTA5 are going to be the latest additions to the Pile of Shame.

If that's as small as your pile is, I am ashamed.

Still, my plastic-wrapped pile of shame still put that to.... Uh.... Shame. I need to fucking get on this. Team Leeroy Jenkins should have some kind of contest or bet about finally getting through the games we've been putting off before we move on to the next generation.

Yup - The Tali hug still gets me right in the feels...

Both was Tali's loyalty mission not a challenge at all when both of us were AI Hacking anything with a flashlight head.

I still don't understand why the Prime at the end is just starting at the console and doesn't twitch until I dropped pretty much all of its shields. I am not complaining.

BTW - I knew that I didn't get the kiss from Gianni since I was FemShep, I didn't realize they replaced it with Shiala being all "Why don't you come up and see me sometime?"

And speaking of that Medical Scans thing - it really irritates me that Shepard makes no acknowledgment of knowing Erinya's daughters. I mean she actually fucking talked to him.

Eventually I will learn about what they wanted to do with the Dark Energy that they never delivered on

Yup - The Tali hug still gets me right in the feels...

Both was Tali's loyalty mission not a challenge at all when both of us were AI Hacking anything with a flashlight head.

I still don't understand why the Prime at the end is just starting at the console and doesn't twitch until I dropped pretty much all of its shields. I am not complaining.

BTW - I knew that I didn't get the kiss from Gianni since I was FemShep, I didn't realize they replaced it with Shiala being all "Why don't you come up and see me sometime?"

And speaking of that Medical Scans thing - it really irritates me that Shepard makes no acknowledgment of knowing Erinya's daughters. I mean she actually fucking talked to him.

Eventually I will learn about what they wanted to do with the Dark Energy that they never delivered on

Yeah, I had an amazingly easy time of Tali's loyalty mission because it was me (Infiltrator), Tali, and Garrus.  Geth did not have a chance.

Shiala also gives MaleShep the whole, "Why don't you stop by sometime when you're not saving the galaxy," business, but I have heard she's a lot more familiar with FemSheps.  Too bad you're not a Renegade.  Aria would love you in ME3.

And Cytheria is like the first person you talk to when you get to the Citadel, so I was also baffled that Shep never acknowledges her or Sha'ira's acolyte, especially since I was all, "Hey, so what needs do YOU attend to?" when I got to the Consort's place.

We shoulda got the Dark Energy / Leviathan's last stand ending and not the, "Synthesis, Destroy, Or Control:  Discuss with your friends!" ending.

Yeah - that was my group FemShep as Infiltrator, Tali and Garrus. 

Its obvious that they had planned on doing something with the Dark Energy angle and it pisses me off that nothing came of it.

Especially because it meant Giannia never returned

I couldn't remember if Shiala came on to Male Shep or not.

It's also so weird how forthcoming FemShep is towards her love interests. I really really confused poor Garrus.

No matter how many times I play it - Overlord is creepy as fuck

I love that DLC.  Survival Horror atmosphere with a soul crushing ending.  It is my third or fourth favorite DLC.  LoTSB is obviously Number One, Citadel is second and Overlord trades places with BDTS being third or fourth depending on how frustrating the boss battle is.

If we are not counting Normandy Crash Site and DLC's that gave your new squadmates then I agree with you.

But if we do include them - then NCS and Kasumi's DLC are my #3 and #4 (Shadow Broker and Citadel are 1 and 2)

Yeah, I love the James Bond feel of Kasumi: Stolen Memories.  The small-scale Shep adventures where you just fought terrorists and criminal organizations were a lot more entertaining than the Save The Galaxy metaplot, IMO.

God I am a fucking idiot

I forgot about the Level 30 cap and that since I already beat this game twice before - there was no reason for me to have to play ME2 as FemShep.

But now I have to do since my first playthrough was "let me play around with my choices"

Grr... there is another wasted week