Smackdown Spoilers for 6/30/16

victor

Main Event Spoilers:

* The Shining Stars defeated Jack Swagger and Zack Ryder

* Enzo Amore and Big Cass defeated The Dudley Boyz

* Goldust and R-Truth defeat The Ascension

Smackdown Spoilers for 6/30/16:

* There will be a WWE United States Title match tonight

* Cesaro defeated Sheamus, Apollo Crews and Alberto Del Rio in a Fatal 4 Way to become the new #1 contender. He will face Rusev for the title later tonight. Sheamus immediately lays Cesaro out and beats him up. Rusev comes out and says he’s starting the match right now

* Rusev retained the WWE United States Title over Cesaro after a good match

* Dana Brooke squashed Billie Kay from WWE NXT

* Sasha Banks vs. Summer Rae is announced

* MizTV with WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and WWE Champion Dean Ambrose leads to a fight with Miz going over. Leads to a match later.

* The Wyatt Family made their entrance

* Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan squashed two local wrestlers

* Sasha Banks defeated Summer Rae

* Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz in a non-title main event

Bare bones show, with most on their way to Hawaii. It shows.

That Miz-Ambrose match was about 1000 times better than it had any right to be.  Just a tremendously entertaining match with some surprisingly suspenseful near-falls even though you know there's no way Miz is going over.

• Like 2

Real solid show. Dug the small bit with each guy in the 4 way having a little piece to say before the match, fun fast paced action leading into the Rusev match. Loved seeing Billie Kay get a couple minutes on SD even if it isn't her official call up, one of my favorites and hugely underrated but I think she has potential to be one of the best. Thought she looked great for the short amount of time, popped for her old signature the School Girl Crush big boot as her minor hope spot. Thought Sasha/Summer was also a very good little match that got some time. Summer can be real good when given chances, like her work a lot. Agreed with the above on Miz/Ambrose, awesome SD main event. Loved the rebound lariat caught into the Skull Crushing Finale spot. Most I've enjoyed SD in awhile even if it was an overall minor show.

I gotta add to the praise for Miz vs Ambrose. It's the best non-gimmick match that I think Ambrose has had in ages. Miz was outstanding in the match. He's come so far in knowing when to be a chickenshit and when to actually get aggressive in a match. I especially liked how he got an opening in the corner, kicked the hell out of Dean's leg to set up the Figure 4.

I'm shifting from thinking that "people think Miz sucks but he's actually good" to "Miz is good in his role" to "Miz deserves a bigger role."

His 2016 SmackDown resume alone includes the great Cesaro & Ambrose matches, 2 very good AJ matches, good Zack & Dolph matches, and a bunch of very entertaining tags with Kevin Owens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlie M. said:

I'm shifting from thinking that "people think Miz sucks but he's actually good" to "Miz is good in his role" to "Miz deserves a bigger role.".

The next step is "No, Miz is a lot better as midcarder with limited exposure." We've all been there.

On 7/2/2016 at 2:28 AM, Go2Sleep said:

The next step is "No, Miz is a lot better as midcarder with limited exposure." We've all been there.

Well I've been pretty consistent with the "Miz is mediocre in the ring and would never go out my way to watch a match of his, but he is a good talker."

I've been very consistent with the "Miz is awful and he shouldn't be on my television doing anything ever". Still, different strokes.

• Like 1