DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/28/2016 at 11:31 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Lakers shooting up next season without Kobe and taking 8th seed?

Probability, likely or pipe dream?

On 3/28/2016 at 9:50 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Not with the current head coach

...or the current point guard.

• Like 2

Bulls won an important game last night against the Pacers.  We got blown out 3 times by the damn Knicks and Magic, but can hang tough against ATL and Indy. So frustrating.

Mirotic had one of those games where you realize he could still be a major asset if he could develop any consistency.

On top of that, the Pistons picked up a win they really shouldn't have.  OKC rested Durant and Ibaka...

Yeah, I don't care how good D'Lo is/will be, there is no coming back from that type of move.  Dude is going to have no friends for the rest of his NBA career. He must be slow to do something like that.

At least Iggy still likes him.....

tdQXu_gP_bigger.jpgIGGY AZALEAVerified account@IGGYAZALEA

hmmm i see D Angelo Russell is trending... I actually liked his film. Thanks bro.

• Like 1

This is going to fuck the Lakers almost as much as it fucks Nick Young.  How do they expect to attract FAs with this guy as the future?  Who is signing up to play with the kid now? 

They better hit in the draft this year.

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

This is one of the best NBA sagas in a while. Does this but D'Angelo on the trading block? DOES SAM HINKIE KNOW ABOUT THIS?

They honestly should trade him.  Might as well not even pitch Durant if this dude is still on the team.

What a friggin' fiasco of a team. I love that this was all going on the night they lost by 50 while Kobe was walking around the arena doing the Queen of England wave.

It's still behind "Matt Barnes bets the hell out of Derek Fisher" which led to "Derek Fisher was actually fired for sleeping around with his players' girls." But still really good.

3 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

It's still behind "Matt Barnes bets the hell out of Derek Fisher" which led to "Derek Fisher was actually fired for sleeping around with his players' girls." But still really good.

Which lead to smoochies and smoothies.

spl1246600-001.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

This is going to be a much bigger story considering the people involved.  Derek Fisher was a middling coach who would have lost his job at some point anyways, Matt Barnes ex is a bottom tier reality TV star and everyone already knew Matt Barnes was crazy.

This story involves the future of the Lakers and one of the biggest pop stars on the planet.  Ruh Roh.

They are in a lose-lose situation.  DeAngelo Russell is the best player on the team and has the highest ceiling.  You can't trade him, because there is no way they'll get anything close to him back.  They also can't keep a player on the team who no one on the team trusts.  Basketball is probably the only sport where off the court chemistry actually matters.  There is no right answer.

1 minute ago, Jrag said:

This is going to be a much bigger story considering the people involved.  Derek Fisher was a middling coach who would have lost his job anyways.

This story involves the future of the Lakers and one of the biggest pop stars on the planet.  Ruh Roh.  

Iggy Izalea isn't anywhere close to one of the biggest pop stars on the planet.  At this point her career is pretty much over, and is probably on the same level as a celebrity as Nick Young is as a NBA player.  Fisher and Barnes is a better story, because there have been so many twists in the story.  At first everyone thought Barnes was in the wrong.  Then more and more information came out and people thought, "umm...Fisher ain't exactly sympathetic."  Then he lost his team, because the players thought he was trying to mack to their girls.  Now, we are all thinking, "Fisher earned that ass whooping."

This whole thing has me rethinking Byron Scott.  He has been taking shit all year for not handing the reigns to D Lo, while also talking about his immaturity to the media, but maybe um... maybe he was right?

There was also that funny moment where Clarkson told D Lo not to say anything stupid during a press conference.  Just how dumb is this kid?

56 minutes ago, Jrag said:

This is going to be a much bigger story considering the people involved.  Derek Fisher was a middling coach who would have lost his job anyways.

Keep in mind I have no idea who this Iggy person is.

This Lakers team will go down in history as one of the most memorable in recent years.

Byron Scott is most likely very right about the immaturity of D'Lo and the other young kids on the team. But that doesn't make his year of coaching excusable by any means whatsoever. There's a big difference between a kid being a dumb-ass with teammates and jerking around minutes for young players and letting Metta World Peace and Huertas get run at their expense.

Also: Their whole team this year has been the most egregious example of what happens when one star player hijacks a team. Kobe's multiple 1 for double digit night games while he parades around the court afterwards to bask in the applause and acts like he's a gracious old soul is one of the more ridiculous sports stories in years. Kobe took so much crap for years for being a selfish player and incredibly self-centered in general. His last year is the absolute peak of selfishness and self-centeredness... and he's being cheered and adulated the whole season. 

What a fantastic shit-show.

• Like 3

You know they are trying to lose, right?  Byron isn't a good coach, but he is doing his job and his job is to make sure they have a draft pick next year. Kobe embarrassing himself on a nightly basis is, in a weird way, one of the most selfless things he has ever done in his career. 

They not only needed to be bad, but they needed to be Sixers bad. You can't accomplish that on accident.  It's even harder to do when you still want to sell tickets.  Kobe's farewell tour serves so many different purposes that I think taking a narrow view of the situation to shit on Kobe is short-sighted.

1 minute ago, Jrag said:

You know they are trying to lose, right?  Byron isn't a good coach, but his just doing his job.  His job is to make sure they have a draft pick next year.

Oh yeah. Their tank-job has been great. But it's really surreal to see unfold.

I don't know what tank job I prefer more.

The Sixers tank job at least makes some sort of organizational sense. They're playing a bunch of D-League scrubs to see if they can find someone worth keeping on a roster and/or hoodwink in a trade to the Kings or the Suns or some other idiot team. It makes sense on paper. But, having watched almost every Sixers game this year, it is also a gigantic form of torture. And it isn't so much because the team is that wretched. I enjoy bad basketball almost as much as I like good basketball. It's more that people are actually buying Sam Hinkie's nonsense and think that building a team that will win a total of nine games in a single season in your third year as GM is somehow a positive step. The whole "finding hidden gems" thing works as long as you find hidden gems, and he hasn't.

The Lakers tank job is a carnival. It's Kobe building statues of himself, the young kids being idiots, and Metta World Peace and Nick Young somehow allowed into a NBA practice facility in the year 2016. I get that they're going to hope they get Simmons or Ingram and then they'll clear house on everyone else and hope their young core can gel around whatever big time FA will sign with the Lakers in a year or two. It's really terrible but it's at least fun to watch unfold with a popcorn box in my lap.

• Like 3

T-Wolves still somehow running the best tank job even though they have the best rookie since Lebron.  It's amazing that they will get another lottery pick to add to Wiggins, Lavine and Towns.  All they need is a shooter and there just so happens to be this dude named Buddy....

They could turn into the next OKC real fucking quick.  Some people still don't realize how good KAT is.  I would argue he is already a top 25 player and maybe even higher than that.  If we could re-draft the entire league I would probably take him over everyone but Curry and KD.

22 minutes ago, Jrag said:

You know they are trying to lose, right?  Byron isn't a good coach, but he is doing his job and his job is to make sure they have a draft pick next year. Kobe embarrassing himself on a nightly basis is, in a weird way, one of the most selfless things he has ever done in his career. 

They not only needed to be bad, but they needed to be Sixers bad. You can't accomplish that on accident.  It's even harder to do when you still want to sell tickets.  Kobe's farewell tour serves so many different purposes that I think taking a narrow view of the situation to shit on Kobe is short-sighted.

The issue is that I don't think that Byron Scott is trying to lose.  He strikes me as a guy who is laughing at a joke about him, that he doesn't realize was meant as an insult.  

2 hours ago, Jrag said:

T-Wolves still somehow running the best tank job even though they have the best rookie since Lebron.  It's amazing that they will get another lottery pick to add to Wiggins, Lavine and Towns.  All they need is a shooter and there just so happens to be this dude named Buddy....

They could turn into the next OKC real fucking quick.  Some people still don't realize how good KAT is.  I would argue he is already a top 25 player and maybe even higher than that.  If we could re-draft the entire league I would probably take him over everyone but Curry and KD.

Not going to lie and say I've watched a ton of Wolves games this year. But from what I have seen -- they're primed to make a jump next year towards the eight seed. KAT is really nice. Wiggins is getting there. LaVine is figuring it out. And Rubio has figured what he can and can't do. He's a great on-court air traffic controller.

I don't know about taking him THAT high in a league redraft. I'd take Kawhi over him without question. Kawhi's close to a 50/40/90 season AND is also the best defensive player in the league. And he's 24. And I'd take AD. And Russ. And KD. And LeBron (duh). But he's not too far down that list.

I think you will see the light on that in a few years.  When KAT is 24 there will be no more questions.  His skill set is... just... insane.  Dude might never hit 50/40/90, but he might hit 60/35/90.  Hell, he is currently sitting at 55/34/82 for this season.  His offensive game is so far beyond where it should be at 20.

He is putting up Tim Duncan rookie stats with only 1 year of college experience. If they land Thibs, I can't even imagine what a force he will be on the defensive end by the time he is 24.

Iggy's PR people are rushing to get an album out ASAP.  You can be sure of that in our train wreck of a society.  You gotta capitalize on the bad press.

The NBA PR team is going to be going overtime hoping the playoffs can drown this out.  They work overtime keeping the lid on a lot of garbage but this one may be too big.

Russell just bought himself a ticket out of the league with this move.  GM's will want him but players will make him persona non grata in the locker room.

One can only hope that the Sixers fire Hinkie at the end of the year and put an end to his reign of terror as GM.  It is apparent that the guy is a complete fraud.  Taking offers for Okafor?  The only piece he has through three drafts is Noel.  Maybe he can draft more centers this year.

I fully expect the Sixers to draft Simmons and have him turn into a complete bust at this point.