DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I never played the radio much at all. I was scared it'd be the same 4 songs played over and over again like in New Vegas. I loved "Ain't that a Kick in the Head" the first 20 or so times I heard it, but now I don't think I ever wanna hear the song again.

BTW, Robert, didn't know if you noticed this or not, but there's a free code being offered that gives you one of the Fallout 4 cars (one of the many hunks of junk on the roads) as a driveable car in Forza 6. I haven't fooled with it yet, but I gotta soon.

8 hours ago, CSC said:

Tonight I used the Diamond City Radio playlist at my museums volunteer appreciation dinner for our docents and all the old ladies loved the whole damn thing.

I had to fight the urge to pocket everything that I could break down into aluminum all night long.

Did they get to listen to Travis "Lonely" Miles? Grandma Plays The Numbers is one of my favorite songs. Uranium Rock is pretty badass too.

I wish they had more stations. What sucks is that if you blow up The Institute, you lose the classical radio station. The Minuteman station is annoying as shit. It's just that one Revolutionary War fiddle tune.

5 hours ago, jstout said:

I never played the radio much at all. I was scared it'd be the same 4 songs played over and over again like in New Vegas. I loved "Ain't that a Kick in the Head" the first 20 or so times I heard it, but now I don't think I ever wanna hear the song again.

BTW, Robert, didn't know if you noticed this or not, but there's a free code being offered that gives you one of the Fallout 4 cars (one of the many hunks of junk on the roads) as a driveable car in Forza 6. I haven't fooled with it yet, but I gotta soon.

It seems like FO4 has more songs than New Vegas. I was a big fan of Big Iron, Heartaches by the Number and Johnny Guitar but like you said, I have no desire to listen to them 1000 times. I wish there was a way to add songs to the playlists. Maybe when they introduce mods for console players, that will be one of them.

9 hours ago, jstout said:

Hadn't noticed that yet.  I haven't played it much, and I mostly got distracted by finding a car with Bob Ross' face painted on the hood.  it's a thing of beauty.

4 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Oh and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the awesomeness of Butcher Pete. " He keeps hackin’ and whackin’ and smackin’/He just hacks, whacks, choppin’ that meat!"

For me, it's all about Grandma Plays the Numbers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jstout said:

Diamond City Radio has all the songs from FO3 and adds a number of songs likely equal to the amount FO3 already had. There also four new songs sung by Lynda Carter which are all pretty good and fit well into the game. That plus the classical station makes it worth listening to the radio. I only leave it off a lot of the time now because I also happen to really dig the regular in game music.

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

It seems like FO4 has more songs than New Vegas. I was a big fan of Big Iron, Heartaches by the Number and Johnny Guitar but like you said, I have no desire to listen to them 1000 times. I wish there was a way to add songs to the playlists. Maybe when they introduce mods for console players, that will be one of them.

I loved Big Iron & Johnny Guitar, but yeah they overplayed way too damn much. There are already mods adding music to Diamond City Radio & another station. I don't think we will see them on console though as it would likely fall in line with copyrighted material which Bethesda can't allow.

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Oh and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the awesomeness of Butcher Pete. " He keeps hackin’ and whackin’ and smackin’/He just hacks, whacks, choppin’ that meat!"

I love that song. I didn't even know there was wonderful part 2 until FO4. I still wonder how something like that ever existed in that era.

The Minuteman station is annoying as shit. It's just that one Revolutionary War fiddle tune.

To be fair its more of a military communication/warning system than an actual radio station. Its so you can know what settlements need defending, whether or not the Castle is being attacked, or handing out artillery warnings.

This is from my new Thunderdome on Spectacle Island. I haven’t gotten any settler fights yet. I had two people there but forgot to lock them in the cages before assigning them to fight and one killed the other before they even got into the arena. Unfortunately he didn't get the all-inclusive trip to Coastal Cottage as he somehow got into the arena when I had Strong fighting a ghoul and got himself killed. So even though he won his first fight, he actually did end up like Whitman, Price and Haddad.

I have some living quarters set up for my gladiators, then an armory where I will equip them with weapons before sending them in to fight each other. Strong lives on Spectacle Island now and he’s going to be my champion against Death Claws, Gunners, etc. There's no point in putting settlers against any creatures b/c they die really quickly. I wish there was a way to level up your settlers so that they could conceivably take on a Death Claw or something bigger than a radroach without dying.

Here’s just a big battle where I let loose a Death Claw, a Yua Guai, a gunner and Strong. A little dark but hopefully you can see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvAQ_YzjJ90

Started a new playthrough. Don't really know what I'm going to do but I've already gone down one different path. During the encounter with Trudy, Wolfgang and Simone, I decided to kill the drug dealers whereas in my first playthrough, I resolved the situation peacefully.

I've got a game that's sticking with me, were I added stupid restrictions made simply to make the game harder for myself. 

Restriction One: You can only play on Survival mode, no chickening out like a bitch.

Restriction Two: You cannot pick any perk that directly increases the damage you can do until Level 30, because let's make this impossible!

Up to level 17, and everything in the game is terrifying. A group of 3 ghouls can kill me easily if I don't get the drop, and I have to pick apart most enemies without them ever seeing me to have any hope. Luckily, I pulled a Chameleon Leather Chest Piece a while back and that has saved my bacon so many times, best pull I could get. I have mostly been focused on the northeast portion of the map, getting settlements good defenses in order to run some caravans. Money is never an issue in this game as long as you build a ton of Industrial Water Purifiers, so I'm gold there.

I haven't even thought of going to Diamond City really. just heading a little further east or south of, say, Starlight Drive can be pretty terrifying. I've got Preston doing the "Let's take back the Castle" speech, and I'm all "Dude, Fuck, No! What? Just, No. Fuck You."

Perks so far: Armorer (1), Awareness, Cap Collector (1), Gun Nut (2), Hacker (2), Local Leader (2), Locksmith (2), Science (2), Scrapper, Sneak (2). 

So are playing that on normal survival or the revamped one? Because on the revamped one it sounds like suicide.

Anyways they just officially released patch 1.5 for the pc which holds the new survival mode. We get it on consoles next week.

Ok, game.  I'll be the first to admit that the settlement attacks on this second playthrough have been a little too easy.  But holy shit, did you have to increase em that much in one go?

I've been getting these tiny attacks - 3 gunners or raiders hitting a settlement and that's it.  Got two back to back tonight.  First was 3 regular super mutants.  No problem, especially since a freaking settler beat one of the mutants to death.  The second was a mutant hound and 8 motherfucking primuses, one of whom had a minigun.  I said "oh shit, that sumbitch got a minigun" and ran for cover.

• Like 3

Yeah that sounds kind of weak to me, but I'm over 100 level wise so I'm used to my attacks being weak raiders or highest levels ghouls & gunners with little between. So far all of my super mutant attacks have been weak. I count myself lucky in that respect as the other choice is probably a dozen or so warlords and well, fuck that idea.

Up to Level 20 in my "Fuck my Shit Up" Run, starting to get closer to the big city and holy fuck the nightmares. Glowing Ones take about 30 shots with a Powerful Combat Rifle to kill. 

Added Sneak 3, Locksmith 3, and Cap Collector 2 to my resume. CC2 means i can build Emporiums in my settlements, and that's a pretty nice thing to have. Finally started getting some Combat Shotguns, and finally got a 10MM with a good ability to put all my upgrades on. However, I'm out of Energy Cells (Laser Musket has saved me so many times), down to 100 10MM rounds, and my Rifles all are more really strong in theory then in practice. Level 20 characters shouldn't have a hard time killing a Feral Ghoul with a Fully Modified Rifle, but here we are.

Bright side, starting to see the value in taking out somethings legs. Had a battle with about 20 Ferals and 1 Legendary Glowing One, which consisted of me running like 10 blocks, stopping, VATSing one of the Ghouls off the horde, then running again. 

Anyone else ever go to the Bethesda.net Fallout forum? If not, don't. Just a bunch of people bitching about the game and the format of the board is horrible. There's an 11 page thread bitching about why there aren't nude mods for consoles.

3 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Anyone else ever go to the Bethesda.net Fallout forum? If not, don't. Just a bunch of people bitching about the game and the format of the board is horrible. There's an 11 page thread bitching about why there aren't nude mods for consoles.

Robert - sounds like we need to bikini up and head over there

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Yeah I've skimmed it but never posted. The format is just too horrible.

8 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Bright side, starting to see the value in taking out somethings legs. Had a battle with about 20 Ferals and 1 Legendary Glowing One, which consisted of me running like 10 blocks, stopping, VATSing one of the Ghouls off the horde, then running again. 

I have found no greater joy than coming back to known ghoul ambushes with a shiny new kneecapper pipe rifle.  Teach that walking beef jerky to chew my face off.

On 4/29/2016 at 2:57 PM, Super Weak Machine said:

I have found no greater joy than coming back to known ghoul ambushes with a shiny new kneecapper pipe rifle.  Teach that walking beef jerky to chew my face off.

I love kneecapping a group of ghouls and then going around and bashing their skulls in with a sledgehammer.

They aren't mods. I placed the artillery for Graygarden on top of the overpass so it can't be reached in future attacks. Itotally forgot about Finch Farm until seeing someone mention it elsewhere just a minute ago.