DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I've only hit up the second faction hub, but I'm enjoying it a good deal as well. The characters, story, and the general atmosphere of the area are all pretty damn nice. I'm digging the new creatures. I haven't fought any higher level stuff, but even the low level creatures seem to pack a bit more oomph than their levels would suggest. I'm not one of the many obsessed with level action rifles, but I can't deny I quite like the weapon here. Also seems like we have new legendary effects along with some of the perks adding addition ranks. Definitely make sure to bring Nick along. It also looks like factions from the main game can have an effect on it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I heard that Nick was the best one to bring along for this. Just gotta track him down. I have him running supplies from The Mechanist Lair to well, somewhere. Can't remember where I sent him.

That sucks.

Unrelated to Far Harbor: I keep having this glitch where the population of Oberland Station doubles when I'm not there, which makes the happiness score plummet. As soon as I'm actually there the population returns to normal. It might help if I add enough beds to accommodate the inflated population, but there's not a lot of room in the settlement, and I'm currently a bit short on resources.

There's a bed glitch of some sort - it's happening to me in Abernathy Farm.  It can happen anywhere there's already assigned beds - sometimes the game doesn't count them properly.  From what I've read (I can't find the link now) you can cover the glitched bed with a rug (which apparently covers everything) and then group-select the whole shebang away (either storing or scrapping).  Create new beds and it'll fix it.

I'm having some framerate issues on the PS4 in Far Harbor because of the fog, but I'm loving the story so far.

By the way, no spoilers, but check out the raider and holotapes in Haddock Cove.

The bed/happiness settlement issue is something I've heard just about everyone deal with. It's got something to do with the Pip Boy. I've heard of different fixes like not putting tvs or juke boxes in settlements. I've also heard that fast traveling from some settlements is what triggers it so what you should do is walk a little ways from the settlement and then fast travel away from it. The fast travel one seems to work for me sometimes and my issues have somewhat lessened by not putting tvs in settlements but they're not 100% fixes by any stretch. And I think it's an issue with all settlements. I've had it happen at Hangman's, Oberland, Starlight, Nordhagen and Sanctuary. Sanctuary is the worst one though.

Yeah, Sanctuary glitched for me as well, but Abernathy is doing it far worse.

Also, I have been just inundated with settlement attacks since Far Harbor.  Plus I'm storing all my cages at Abernathy right now, which isn't helping the attack rate.

Re: Haddock Cove, because to heck with it:

The outpost has been built up by the Husky Family... Bray, Luke, Rowan and Braun.  The latter three are gone, and you find Bray dead, with two holotapes that tell the story:

A5Vxmkv.jpg

Is Far Harbor like Point Lookout was, where you can go back and forth whenever you want, or is it just a one time thing?  I'd like to take a look around the place now, but I want to wait before I really dig into it.

Done two settlement quests for Far Harbor and I like the spin on them. One is a mixture of your basic defend the settlement with hunting down raiders, only one of the settlers will be pissed and travel all the way to a location to take out the enemy with you, The other a monster siege/repair job that is both awesome and frightening.

I've been very happy with the DLC mission variety.

I enjoyed the DiMA memory missions as well - a fun combo of Lemmings and tower defense, using the workshop mode to build. 

As a tip, don't forget you can store the blocks in the "workshop" while you're running around the map.  Knowing that early would've saved me a LOT of pointless running around.  Also, you can fall off the map - you'll be beamed back to start and asked if you want to quit the simulation, but with no ill effects.  Also, if the bugs die, more will respawn, so don't worry if the sentries pick one or two off.

On 4/12/2016 at 0:01 PM, cwoy2j said:

I've read that if you side against the Institute in the game, you can't build the cage to capture synth gorillas.

Resurrecting this, but this was not true - my main character was a Minuteman, and the first cage I built was the gorilla cage.  You just need the right food.

33 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Resurrecting this, but this was not true - my main character was a Minuteman, and the first cage I built was the gorilla cage.  You just need the right food.

Should've clarified that. You can side against The Institute, but apparently you have to give the evacuation order. Otherwise the gorillas all die in The Institute. That's what I heard anyway.

8 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Should've clarified that. You can side against The Institute, but apparently you have to give the evacuation order. Otherwise the gorillas all die in The Institute. That's what I heard anyway.

Nope.  I didn't evacuate the Institute, all the gorillas and everyone died, and yet, I have a pet gorilla bashing intruders' skulls in at Abernathy Farm.  The dude's defense AND happiness.  I call him George.

• Like 1

Beat the DLC, and it was pretty awesome.

By covering up DiMA's secret and basically not being a dick, I was able to get everybody living together in relative harmony.  Even saved Kasumi, who stayed in Acadia.

I can't wait to go through this with my planned synth build, join the Institute and the Children of the Atom, and burn the world to the ground.

Right now, while I'm cleaning up stuff like the Islander's Almanacs, I finally sent Nick home with full honors (meaning, I let him keep his power armor) and hooked up with Longfellow.  I gave him The Fish Catcher as a weapon, and he is just WRECKING shit with it.

12 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Nope.  I didn't evacuate the Institute, all the gorillas and everyone died, and yet, I have a pet gorilla bashing intruders' skulls in at Abernathy Farm.  The dude's defense AND happiness.  I call him George.

Interesting. There were quite a few people complaining about that on the Bethesda message board when WW came out. Then again all anyone on that board does is complain. And you get a like for calling your gorilla George.

• Like 1

Would make sense. I'm sure most everyone had already finished the main quest by the time WW was released. Not really fair to restrict access to a feature based on a choice people made before the DLC.

8 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Beat the DLC, and it was pretty awesome.

Reveal hidden contents

By covering up DiMA's secret and basically not being a dick, I was able to get everybody living together in relative harmony.  Even saved Kasumi, who stayed in Acadia.

I can't wait to go through this with my planned synth build, join the Institute and the Children of the Atom, and burn the world to the ground.

Right now, while I'm cleaning up stuff like the Islander's Almanacs, I finally sent Nick home with full honors (meaning, I let him keep his power armor) and hooked up with Longfellow.  I gave him The Fish Catcher as a weapon, and he is just WRECKING shit with it.

Did you see if you can create weapons/armor racks yet? I haven't gotten into Far Harbor yet b/c of the power armor glitch. I meant to jump into it a bit yesterday b/c they have fixed that glitch but I got distracted by a bunch of settlement attacks and "defend the checkpoint" side quests. By the time I was done with those, I had to head out for the day.