DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

Tiger Mask wants to train and produce the new female Tiger Mask someday. So Tiger Mask 9, but RJPW will probably just drop the numbering.

Interesting. It won't be Tiger Dream II?

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Just Tiger Mask.  He said first female Tiger Mask.

Wonder where she will work regularly if/when this happens. Sayama seemed to like Starlight Kid. Would be neat to see another masked wrestler in Stardom. Kind of surprised there aren't more female masked wrestlers outside of the obvious in lucha libre.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

So Stardom announced Cinderella Tourney 2021 and I've got 0 clue who wins this year. It's not like last year when Giulia was the obvious pick. It won't be Bea since she already getting the next shot at Utami. I don't see Tam winning it and Momo is wishful thinking. I'm cstumped

James

14 hours ago, J.H. said:

So Stardom announced Cinderella Tourney 2021 and I've got 0 clue who wins this year. It's not like last year when Giulia was the obvious pick. It won't be Bea since she already getting the next shot at Utami. I don't see Tam winning it and Momo is wishful thinking. I'm cstumped

James

I'm think it will be Syuri. She and Utami had a draw in the GP, and its the biggest match they could make Utami at this point. I think Himeka has an outside chance, but I feel like they would want a bigger name to challenge. I also suspect Syuri is the one taking the belt off of Utami.

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

Rina is back and has new gear.

Hina as well. They are good looks for them. Looks like both grew the past few months just like their big sister. Kind of wonder they will get Lady C tall when its all said and done.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was obvious we are supposed get to a big match between the two sometime this year. I thought they may go for Yokohama, but after the match with Natsupoi was set I assume they decided on Ota.

On 3/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, D.Z said:

At some point there could be IWGP Women's championship, it's something Kidani has wanted to introduce since way back before even buying Stardom.

This feels kind of pointless with Stardom unless its US focused.

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Looks like Giulia vs Utami will happen, for the battle of who's the protagonist.

What makes you say this? Hope this isn't true. I feel like Giulia's time should come more in the Fall/Winter. Utami should lose the belt before that.

Okay, 4/4 Chocopro that just aired had an incredible Lulu Pencil match. That's right. Fellow Pencil Army member Emi Pencil was doing camera work and commentary during the match and slowly but gradually got more and more involved in helping out Lulu against Hagane until it got outright hilarious and over the top. By the post-match, Hagane's so pissed off with her he keeps staring her down and to appease him, Emi starts going "you are so cool! Beautiful! You are strong, okay!" After the match, Lulu is exhausted and in severe pain and Emi asks her to take over camera duty! ?

Lulu is the babyface we deserve in 2021. She's so physically unathletic and awkward. People get over despite that sometimes, usually with a striking look in one form or another, or larger than life personality. But she's a massive nerd, lol... The only thing that matters with her is her desire to be a pro wrestler. She always loses and she keeps coming back. Hagane laid in a couple of big kicks that I thought would've ended her BUT SHE'S GOT THE FIGHTING SPIRIT, DAMN IT. PURORESU LOVE. ?She is symbolic of the whole Chocopro anti-establishment vibe. Emi is like 5th wave feminism fighting against the old engrained ways/views of women's pro wrestling in Japan - I love it. She even said we should be past the point of hair matches being such a big deal for women that got Giulia going Weekly Pro Wrestling. Add in their minor league approach in Ichigaya Chocolate Square and it's just a surreal experience. Love it. It's the best bad wrestling ever (sometimes it's legitimately good too). 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2