DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh yeah, what is it about apartment invites? Do I basically show up at the apartment to get slaughtered?

Yep, there is a game bug that allows the apartment owner to use live weapons in his living space.

The moral of the story is game with your crew and your friends.

I may shoot you in the head a lot in deathmatches and fill your heart with rage, but at least you can count on me not to cheat.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, what is it about apartment invites? Do I basically show up at the apartment to get slaughtered?

I don't know about that, but the few times I've accepted apartment invites out of curiosity, it's been nothing but a bunch of dudes in nothing but short shorts doing the jack off motion non-stop.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but one exception was the night we fought Bane. He simply invited us in because we were FIIIIINE GENTLEMEN AND WORRRRTHY FOES.

• Like 5

I hate to beat a dead horse, but one exception was the night we fought Bane. He simply invited us in because we were FIIIIINE GENTLEMEN AND WORRRRTHY FOE.

I am dumb and a sucker and will always accept an apartment invite from a player that I can confirm is an actual girl gamer. 

I have done this many times... usually after playing a round of golf with them...

I need to get back to actively recruiting women into the unit now that the crew's official kid sister and all around best motorcycle racer ever, Moongirl, plays more CoD than anything these days.

• Like 1

I used to accept apartment invites all the time, because a lot of people treated it as a "hey, check out my garage" thing, and I liked looking at other people's cars. 

Problem with it is, if a bunch of people accept the invite, they're all gonna leave (and hit the streets) at the same time, which means a large war will break out.

Another problem I ran into is one person will invite me to their apartment and have a buddy waiting outside with a tank. One time when someone did that, I just sat down and proceeded not to leave.

Didn't they fix the "shoot people in your apartment" thing?

You know, J.T.'s right about the pilot guy. Both times he killed me, he did so with machine gun fire. Most goofs try to kill you with rockets. Maybe it's the rockets that are horribly inaccurate. Maybe he was that damn good. I never saw him skip across the screen or anything, I'm pretty sure that guy on the ground was doing something, 'cause the game was going batshit.

None of those other guys even vaguely posed a threat. And even I was the only one really getting my ass kicked by the Satanists.

• Like 1

Yep, there is a game bug that allows the apartment owner to use live weapons in his living space.

The moral of the story is game with your crew and your friends.

I may shoot you in the head a lot in deathmatches and fill your heart with rage, but at least you can count on me not to cheat.

Of course he can... you're not Dan.

tumblr_n1b3j87rrc1qewacoo3_500.jpg

• Like 2

But he said the merc thing was accidental and he promised to never ever do it again!!

Do not scar my faith in humanity any worse than it already is!!

Especially my faith in my own humanity.  Holy Shit, but it is getting harder and harder to wake up in the morning and convince myself that I am still a decent human being and a loving father. 

I actually took pride in the improvement of my ability to lead sniper shots while training on targets from a rooftop.  Veda Red, Last Cub, and PaulWall all suffered killing headshots JFK Back & To The Left style from my Heavy Sniper through rear car windows as they tried to drive away from our zone of death.  It was a grim satisfaction.

• Like 1

That picture is killing me, Dolfan.

And don't worry J.T. - just accept it and let it flow. I only played with you guys a small handful of times before I recruited Melraz, but I don't seem to remember us being psychos before then. Hmmmm...

(kidding Mel)

As I mentioned the other night, I do remember the days of Stout talking about running the minute a white dot got near him. That's around the time I had the rule of "I won't mess with anybody until they mess with me. Then it's on."

My God, how far we've come. Nowadays, our rule seems to be, "We'll whip your ass until you go passive, then we'll get a tank to knock your ass off that ledge so another one of us can drown you with a firetruck. Sorry about your damn luck."

By the way, how many catchphrases are we up to now? So far, my tally is:

-Sorry about your damn luck

-CAUSE WE ARRRRRRE THAAAAAAAT DAAAAAAAALM GOOOOOD

-That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a pillow full of feathers (substitute any Foghorn quote at your leisure)

-I'd also vote that Mis's hearty "OH WHAT THE FUCK" counts as a catchphrase at this point

• Like 4

I never got my hands on PaulWall. Veda Red was entertaining. Then there was the nightly goof in the Uncle Sam suit.

My big problem is, I get nice and settled in on the roof of the mall. Meanwhile, the Sniping Force on the ground has proceeded to kill everyone to the point where they've spawned at the airport and I'm on top of the mall with no one to kill.

J.T., Freemode is essentially a gigantic deathmatch, except there's no real practical way to keep score. If these dudes were on the opposing team of a deathmatch, you'd show no mercy, right? Same deal. You'd shoot them in cars, whatever.

There's certain tactics I won't do - no use grabbing tanks now that tanks have gotten easier to kill, all that does is encourage more people to grab tanks. I also won't pop into passive just to gain a tactical advantage unless it's to gain a tactical advantage on a tank. But constantly running over/drowning some goof in passive? Hell yeah. Sniping people running away and then following them like a serial killer? Absolutely.

EDIT: Yeah, RUkered, I used to be the biggest pussy in the entire world at this game. I went months without realizing how things work. Then eventually I figured it out, but it took me FOREVER. Public rooms, like I said, are big Deathmatches. Nothing else. If that's not what you want, stay out. If you're trying to do any other business like sell a car or kill a hooker, stay in a private room. It boggles my mind that people try to mod their cars in a public room. That's what private rooms were made for.

That one dude trying to do the hooker glitch in a public room got what he deserved.

I don't know about that, but the few times I've accepted apartment invites out of curiosity, it's been nothing but a bunch of dudes in nothing but short shorts doing the jack off motion non-stop.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but one exception was the night we fought Bane. He simply invited us in because we were FIIIIINE GENTLEMEN AND WORRRRTHY FOES.

Ok, now I really don't feel bad that I've never accepted an apartment invite.

Ok, now I really don't feel bad that I've never accepted an apartment invite.

BTW, fuck you guys. I read RUkered's thing during a conference call and busted up laughing. Thank god for mute.

• Like 2

I kinda miss apartment invites. I like checking out the cars in people's garages, seeing what their tastes are, seeing how they paint them.

I didn't miss, at the very best, going out of the garage with about seven other people within a block of me.

You know, J.T.'s right about the pilot guy. Both times he killed me, he did so with machine gun fire. Most goofs try to kill you with rockets. Maybe it's the rockets that are horribly inaccurate. Maybe he was that damn good. I never saw him skip across the screen or anything, I'm pretty sure that guy on the ground was doing something, 'cause the game was going batshit.

The two jet guys we ran into at the airport a few weeks ago were also using their guns rather than rockets.  They also tended to use the same sine wave sort of flightpath that the guy last night was doing.  So either that's how really, really good pilots roll, or they're exploiting something.  The guy last night got me four times.  The first two were hard shots, but didn't seem impossible.  I'm hard put to understand how he could've pulled off the last two.  The third one in particular seemed next to impossible, as I was in cover down a narrow alley between two reasonably tall buildings.  It would've required a near perfect shot to get me.

I still finished up on his two buddies on the ground, so at least there's that.

I was glad I managed to even the score 2-2 on last cub before he bailed.  I had to work hard to get it, so it felt like quite the accomplishment.  In my defense, he was a level 3.  I always feel a sense of accomplishment getting high level players like that.

• Like 2

I know the two guys at the airport were lagging all over the place - their planes weren't flying in a smooth motion, they'd jump from place to place even when nothing else was jumping around. I'm absolutely convinced those guys were cheating.

This guy last night? Fairly convinced, but not so sure. I never got to see the plane flying - was way too preoccupied on the ground with the other two guys - so I dunno if he was lagging or not. He may just be that damn good. I'd like to pick the brains of other jet griefers online, but you know they're not gonna say "yeah, I'm cheating like crazy, it's the only way I can do this," they're gonna say "yeah, I'm that damn good."

The constant, though, from the jet pilots that I've read who claim to be great at killing people is that the rockets suck and you gotta use the machine guns. I just can't fathom anyone being that damn good at flying the plane and shooting with no aim assistance and hitting guys in fairly deep cover.

I was glad I managed to even the score 2-2 on last cub before he bailed.  I had to work hard to get it, so it felt like quite the accomplishment.  In my defense, he was a level 3.  I always feel a sense of accomplishment getting high level players like that.

By the way, how many catchphrases are we up to now? So far, my tally is:

-Sorry about your damn luck

-CAUSE WE ARRRRRRE THAAAAAAAT DAAAAAAAALM GOOOOOD

-That boy, I say, that boy's about as sharp as a pillow full of feathers (substitute any Foghorn quote at your leisure)

-I'd also vote that Mis's hearty "OH WHAT THE FUCK" counts as a catchphrase at this point

"You have reached your quota of postive votes for the day."

Damn.

• Like 1

I suspect the answer is no, but when Simeon sends you a text asking for whatever bomb ass car, can you just steal that car, take it to a Pay and Spray, take it back to your own garage, and just wait for Simeon to send you a text for another car type?

I think I have calmed down since I have more crew that I roam the streets with in free mode. I can remember when it was just you and me burke and the whole map would be pissed. While the while map usually gets pissed still it just ain't at a couple dudes. I know I've pissed off a while map solo style. I haven't done that inna long time. See I've calmed down. I'm now a respectful mature calm dude who just mostly waits on people to roll up. I use to be the hunter now I'm the trap.

I suspect the answer is no, but when Simeon sends you a text asking for whatever bomb ass car, can you just steal that car, take it to a Pay and Spray, take it back to your own garage, and just wait for Simeon to send you a text for another car type?

I know that you used to be able to do this - I know a couple of people who got Tailgaters this way - but I wanna say (nowhere near sure) that they fixed it to keep it from happening. All of the cars Simeon wants you to find are generally fairly findable in a regular old room. Any car in particular?

I think I have calmed down since I have more crew that I roam the streets with in free mode. I can remember when it was just you and me burke and the whole map would be pissed. While the while map usually gets pissed still it just ain't at a couple dudes. I know I've pissed off a while map solo style. I haven't done that inna long time. See I've calmed down. I'm now a respectful mature calm dude who just mostly waits on people to roll up. I use to be the hunter now I'm the trap.

I was telling some of the other guys last night that I went into Freemode by myself yesterday afternoon, joined one of those vehicle deathmatches with Buzzards, decided I didn't wanna do it and quit. The game then respawned me on top of an awesome building no one could get to without a helicopter with a GREAT view of the center Los Santos Customs. By the end of it, I had six people wanting my ass dead.

I finally got killed and would up on the ground with three dudes surrounding me in a tight triangle trying to take me out. I held my own, but ran like hell and got out of that room. Three on one's a hoot when you're one of the three, but otherwise ...

• Like 1

know that you used to be able to do this - I know a couple of people who got Tailgaters this way - but I wanna say (nowhere near sure) that they fixed it to keep it from happening.

I think that the last patch prevents you from placing the higher end Simeon i/E cars in your garage if you have a list.  IIRC it is part of the No Owning Any Mission Cars bullshit.

Rockstar probably wants to force you to buy the rare spawn cars like the clean Bobcat and the Tailgater from the automobile websites because, y'lnow, cash cards.

So with all the "haha how docile we were back in the day" talk we've been doing for a few posts, I got a little nostalgic and decided to take a trip down memory lane and see what kind of players we were in the early days.

It's pretty hilarious. Seems like a lot of us only played with one or two other people or just by ourselves. Apparently strength in numbers is what turned us into lunatics.

Here's Stout talking about running from griefers and being "terrible at fighting back."

Everyone else in the game's guilty of being a griefer until proven otherwise - if anybody gets near me on the radar, I stay away from them because I assume they're coming to fuck with me. 

I accidentally bumped into the back of a guy's Jeep yesterday (didn't see him there) and he took it real personal. He got a couple of kills in before he thankfully gave up and moved on.

I got griefered off the damn game a second ago, I just can't handle griefers. It was me and two other guys on the server and both were gunning for me. If I took out a bounty, I would just make them richer.

One guy killed me at least twice when my batteries went dead on my controller and I had to change them out. Then he kept the upper hand on me, dammit. I just needed to hide for a second so I could quit the game and he was within a millisecond of killing me with a baseball bat when I quit. Sick of these assholes. We should be like the Big Bossmen of GTA Online, handing out Hard Time to griefers.  

Good on ya. You're doing Los Santos a solid. I need to learn to walk away (by throwing on passive mode) because I'm terrible at fighting back.

The early days of the KD ratio...

My money intake hasn't been helped by my goal to be the best deathmatch player on the entire board I suppose. Speaking of which, come on guys, how am I the only one over a 1.00 kill ratio on the entire board in regular deathmatch? My character doesn't even have a damn Assault Rifle!

A lot of talk about playing crew/invite only sessions to avoid getting shot...

What Neil said.  I have gotten into the practice of initiating Invite Only or Crew Only sessions so that once we go back to Free Mode after completing a job or something, there's no retards around to gun us down while we are banking our cash.

There are level limits to intialize a mission but there are no level limits for invites.  I have been invited to so many missions while being four or five ranks below the cutoff that it is ridiculous.

Getting a garage or a low level apartment is worth it just because you will spawn in a safe zone if you end up on a public server.  Rockstar only just recently patched public servers so that you can't shoot anyone while they are shopping for clothes. 

Also, El Dragon, don't forget your free shit that you get if you are a Social Club member. Your online guy has a free sawed-off shotgun and an Elegy R8 sports car coming to him and all of your storyline guys get a free Assault SMG.

Proof that there used to be a time where J.T. went to bed on time...

What time are you usually online, jstout?  I always get your mission invites around midnight when I am about to crash.

I am guessing you are not Eastern Standard Time.

And finally, the one that really cracked me up. There was a time when people thought was the crazy one out of this bunch.

My boy, RUkered, is fucking crazy.  You will see this in action one day.

• Like 1

Can't think of any names right now, but every now and then I'll jump in one and it's really awesome. 

If you can't take them, that's fine. I'll continue what I'm doing now, which is collecting muscle cars or cars I could turn into muscle cars. I really want to find an old ass truck that I could really spec out when I get to a high enough level.

My transformation into a homicidal maniac began when I set a gol to get the Seven Deadly Sins tattoo. You can get oer 1000 player kills by deatmatching with your crew, but it is not nearly as much fun as playing Who'sThe Better Killer?

Now I am a full blown murderer with aspirations to be all of the Bell Tower Sniiper that my fellows are.

• Like 1

I still remember the guy with the baseball bat to this day. He was the first person I ever saw in the regular game wearing a dunce cap. It was by the airport. He'd absolutely made me his bitch to the point where I was like "fuck this, I am outta here," and I quit when he was within about three feet of me with a baseball bat. I considered it a victory.

Now, I'd assault shotgun him straight to hell if he tried that shit. I have my moments, but I'm still generally horrible at Freemode. I kinda don't mind being the guy who gets way up in someone's shit and takes their focus off the three guys surrounding them with sniper rifles. We did that several times to the German guy last night. He jumped down to get me once when Melraz introduced him to Mr. Sniper Rifle.

All of Simeon's cars can be found in rooms even when SImeon doesn't want them. You may have to coax them out of hiding. If you're looking for a Coupe, try driving another Coupe. Same with a Sedan, whatever. I would try a loop of the golf course/blue parking lot at the movie studio/back parking lot at Vespucci Beach. You might try throwing in the horse racing track for variety.