DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I got bored of the brown jeans, so I decided to swap to running shorts and the Los Santos Belle t-shirt.  Paired it with purple heels, instead of my usual skate shoes.  It's a rather fetching look. 

I got completely baffled in the first DM Tuesday because JT had switched from a black leather jacket to a brown one.  My brain just couldn't adjust.

Jobber Thursday needs to be all Rally Races tonight. :P

We did four rally races last week to get me, phil, JT and i think Robert the rally achievement eqch way.

Phil can probably do that race now in his sleep.

Yeah - we lucked out with that course.

Though as I said - the real race to do rally on is LS Forum

Gotta rock the suit, look like the trained professionals y'all are. Black suit, black helmet. Unless you're Andrew, who has a free pass because he manages to crack me up every time I see him with his um, "unique" looks. That red hockey mask with the crown will never fail to crack me up.

Melraz has to keep wearing the cowboy hat so I can keep making the joke from "Smokey & the Bandit."

Women character folk: Is there a "farmer's daughter/Daisy Duke" look?

• Like 2

best mission ever tonight. I was crying. I am not sure I could ever give it justice, but it wad a 45 minute match that ended when a tanker exploded because it couldn't climb a muddy hill.

I will post more detailed thoughts when I get to work but...

Fuck Lamar

• Like 3

Sorry I had to bail early.  My girlfriend called me and was upset because it sounds like the builders are trying to game us on the interest rate.  That sucks because some of the feature incentives we want are tied to using one of their preferred lenders. 

I hate the shitty negotiation part of buying a home, because you always feel like you're getting the short end of the stick even when you get 95% of what you want in the house.

Anyway,  Melraz & I got started earlier in the afternoon.  Mis tried to join up but had some connectivity issues.  We managed to get past Docks to Stocks and I got a phat $30K payday just for flying a cargobob.  Mis and Raz flew intercept with Buzzards after the heli theft while I climbed to dizzying heights to avoid the law.   

Mis lost his game feed (Oh, shit.  Man down..), so Melraz had to deal with Merryweather by himself and go get the container.  To make things worse, he had to do it on foot since his Buzzard quit out on him.  Despite losing air superiority, Melraz got the goods to me and I made my way back to Lester's warehouse.

If Melraz had been able to surf the container with Killer Joe all the way to Lester's (we were about 5000 feet in the air at the time), we'd have had the winning entry for Rockstar's Thanks, Cargobob picture contest.  All that remains is to try to do Docks to Stocks 2 and Base Invaders and I will have exorcised the Fort Zancudo Kicked My Ass demon.

After that, we just took part of a little urban warfare until the rest of you got online.  Robert and I ran into a couple of tough players while messing around in Little Portola. I guess it all started when I fired that rocket into the Posonbys in retaliation for one of the guys shooting Robert without provocation. I am getting fairly proficient with RPG Launcher.

Melraz has to keep wearing the cowboy hat so I can keep making the joke from "Smokey & the Bandit."

Ha!  I was driving around in my black and gold Phoenix affectionately referred to as The Bandit, and suddenly Melraz and I broke out in a chorus of Eastbount and Down. 

If if one of those tractor trailers had spawned, we probably would've stolen it to take a selfie.

Gotta rock the suit, look like the trained professionals y'all are.

As much as I want to counter with Wesley Snipes awesome line from the shitty Blade: Trinity ("What in the hell are you wearing?  You call that tactical?"), that logic is countered by the bank robbery scene from Heat and the entire runtime of Reservoir Dogs.

Perhaps I will purchase one suit.

• Like 1

Playing with a migraine is not wise. I probably should have called it a night earlier, but i played just long enough to level up.

I upped the max player level in my golf course (which meant adding a slew of new spawn points) and added a few rifles to max out weapons at 50.

If i get the chance over the weekend, i may fiddle and move things around.

I got bored of the brown jeans, so I decided to swap to running shorts and the Los Santos Belle t-shirt.  Paired it with purple heels, instead of my usual skate shoes.  It's a rather fetching look. 

I got completely baffled in the first DM Tuesday because JT had switched from a black leather jacket to a brown one.  My brain just couldn't adjust.

I also switched to just wearing t-shirt and a baseball cap and caught Friendly Fire from Rob.  I need to warn him when i am going to change outfits.

Playing with a migraine is not wise. I probably should have called it a night earlier, but i played just long enough to level up.

Not good, Mark.  I suffer from chronic migraines that make me nauseous and light sensitive.  Fortunately, they only happen about once every three or four months.  Take care of your health, man.

When we were doing the classic "steal the Lost bikes" mission, i almost shot Phil a couple times because i was on the hill and he looked like a Lost biker from away.

We not only have 3 hours of stand down training today, but its my last day on my current project, whcih ive been on since January of last year. Have to pack up all my stuff and move sonewhere else on monday.

When we were doing the classic "steal the Lost bikes" mission, i almost shot Phil a couple times because i was on the hill and he looked like a Lost biker from away.

We not only have 3 hours of stand down training today, but its my last day on my current project, whcih ive been on since January of last year. Have to pack up all my stuff and move sonewhere else on monday.

We did a mission last night stealing a Meth shipment from the Lost and I did not even get to kill any Lost bikers while Rippa killed sixteen of 'em.  I was pissed off.

And what do you mean "move?" Move someplace else post or move like out of your home?  What the hell is up?

Since we never got over 5 in our group - we ended up doing way more missions then we normally do and almost all of them were slaughtering the Lost.

Heck we finished the night doing the Carnival Survival - that one actually might be simpler than Boneyard - JT would have been giddy.

• Like 2

I will be on a new test, so i have to leave this office and go wherever it is. I still dont know what or where it will be. We are fairly nomadic in general, having to go from course to course or whatever speciality testing we might be doing.

My test director did send my bosses a nice letter putting me over like he was 1982 Ric Flair and I was a Von Erich. It wont mean anything financialy or anything, but doesnt hurt to have in your file, esp if a new company wins the bid for our contract.

Since we never got over 5 in our group - we ended up doing way more missions then we normally do and almost all of them were slaughtering the Lost.

Heck we finished the night doing the Carnival Survival - that one actually might be simpler than Boneyard - JT would have been giddy.

I def was not in shape to do a survival last night. I had enough trouble driving, as JT will attest. :)

• Like 1

No harm, no foul.  All contact in those races was incidental and I just paid the price of being too aggresive in that turn.  I just love giving you a hard time because your accidental PITs are far more devastating than anyone else's deliberate PITs. :lol:

My urgency cost me a couple of times last night, but it is hard to gauge just how much road you have to make your move.  By the time I got to Dan, my Elegy was pretty battered and I had hard decisions to make: either lose seconds respawning to get a fresh car or keep driving on bad axles.  There were some close finishes in the races last night and we all raced very cleanly.

I think the next time we have a bunch of DVDR mercs online we need to do some cargobob crate surfing or an ambulance surfing while being picked up with the cargobob to get a picture. Some of my favorite pictures (don't member who took it) was 3 of us with miniguns on top of the dump truck. We were the rolling wheels of death. The ambulance surfing in air from the bridge is great too. You just can't beat a good surf picture. I think adding the cargobob to the picture would make it kick ass

• Like 2

Put this on the DVDR playlist.  I need to see this for myself. 

Jobber Thursday needs to be all Rally Races tonight. :P

We did four rally races last week to get me, phil, JT and i think Robert the rally achievement eqch way.

Phil can probably do that race now in his sleep.

Yeah - we lucked out with that course.

Though as I said - the real race to do rally on is LS Forum

I always assumed that Rally was a disabled option for that race. 

It would be the easiest one to get the Back Seat Driver achievement because all you're doing is driving in a fucking circle.  You wouldn't need directions from the navigator.

By the time I logged back on last night, everyone had signed off so I collcted all of the Radioactive Waste drums with Michael, made myself some green tea, and went to bed.  I need to re-focus on Story Mode.  I plan on devoting some of my tax refund to getting an XBone when Watch Dogs comes out at the end of next month, so I need to at least beat Story Mode by then, if not get 100% Completion and get the Knife Flight / Under The Bridge and Stunt Jumps done.

Okay.... here is the deal.

It's me, Dan, Andrew and Dolfan - we were getting nothing we liked so after two refreshes we were still stuck with shit so we ended up doing Gassed Up or some mission with Gas in the title. (I think - THINK - we picked it because one of the group had never done it.)

So fucking Lamar is all "Yo Yo Yo Playa (in my mind - Lamar and Teddy Long would be fast friends). I need ur help. Go get this tanker and slaughter a lot of cops and swear a bunch and then we will go to Sizzler"

This mission might be the very first one I did that wasn't Titan of a Job. I remember that it was the first one I was really good at because it was stand around the gas station, mow down a 1000 cops. The mission this time said Nay Nay

We get to the gas station, Andrew takes the tanker and heads on his way. As I said - normally - NORMALLY - the cops we swarm the guys causing chaos at the gas station and the tanker can shake his two star and easily deliver it.

Knowing this - Dan decides the best course of action is to fucking light the world on fire by blowing up the entire fucking block. Not just the gas station but anything in the surrounding area. You would think the cops would be all "Hey - let's all go to where the Finger of God touched down". Yeah... no... They wanted Andrew and they wanted him bad.

So the rest of us hop into cars and head off to try and run interference. Eventually all us non-tanker drivers have 4 stars and we are trying to plow cops and FIBs. Dan dies suicide bombing some cops. I die somehow (I think I got sniped by the police copter). So it's Andrew in the tanker and Dolfan trying anything to distract the cops.

Andrew FINALLY shakes his wanted level so we are all "Okay - let's end this nonsense". Andrew is headed to the drop point and he starts going down a hill and since I am spectating him I suddenly notice all the cops at the bottom of the hill his is rolling down. I just get the words "Don't hit the cops out of my mouth" when he rolls the tanker into the side of a FIB van. Now there must have been a dude hanging off the side because instead of just getting a one star he is instantly at 3 stars.

So now the board is crazy again. Dolfan starts to head back to try and drive the cops off. Poor Andrew is in a fucking tanker so he can't go more than like 5 fucking MPH. So first I see all the front tires explode off the tanker and then *Poof* Andrew is dead because it's impossible to not get fucking sniped by the copter's in a god damn tanker.

It's just Dolfan and he is in his crazy ass modded car - and thank God for that. He goes driving off to the mountains - I suggest heading for the wind farm. As we are debated a fucking suicide cop flies out of no god where and flips Dolfan's car. I am thinking "This is it - we are done". But Dolfan rights his car and staggers off... right into the God Damn train.

Now this turns out to be a happy accident - as Dolfan is able to lip along the tracks into a tunnel and lose his wanted level. Kids - this is why you upgrade to 80% armor on your cars. The fucker looked like that scene from one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies where Freddy crushes the car to kill the kid. The front wheels were perpendicular to the road. How he was able to drive is beyond me. He at one point almost wedges the car in an alleyway thus forcing him to do the Austin Powers U-turn. God that was classic.

Dolfan limps over to where the tanker is left. We are all laughing and joking and I bring up the point that all this shit we have been going through for the last 30 minutes will probably result in like 500 fucking dollars from Lamar. Man do I hate that man.

After the tanker is on it's way again - Dolfan is coming to a corner where he has to make a right. I see strolling down the street a FIB agent on the sidewalk. This is the following conversation on XBOX Live

Me: Don't hit the cop

Dolfan: *silence*

Me: Don't hit the cop on your right!

Dolfan: *silence*

Me: DON'T HIT THE FUCKING COP!!!!

(cop gets hit, one star rating)

Dolfan: GOD DAMMIT!!!!

Now - it's just a one star you think but this was not this kind of night. Dolfan is limping along in the tanker (remember half the tires have been blown out). He is trying to avoid the red dots to lose the wanted level. He approaches the entrance to that fucking oil refinery area thingy where we have to deliver the tanker and there is a cop car at the bottom of the hill so it's basically 50/50. If he turns left we are golden. If he turns right we are boned. Shocker the cop turns right and the wanted level is up to 2.

Dolfan jumps out of the tanker about 300 feet from where he has to deliver it. I WILL LOSE THE WANTED LEVEL ON FOOT!!! He proceeds to wind sprint all over the map getting shot in the back. Were we worried then? No. We were worried when he was all I AM GOING TO LEAP DOWN OFF THIS GIANT MOUNTAIN SIDE!!! All of us were like "If you fucking die now". He survives with like a sliver of health left. FINALLY he gets back to the tanker. We have been doing this mission so longer we have gone through one full day and it is now pouring.

Again - Dolfan has to go maybe 300 feet. But the tanker has no front wheels and he is trying to go up a dirt road in a monsoon. Eventually - because even the GTA Gods where sick of this shit. The tanker catches on fire thus ensuring we won't get dick. Dolfan hops out and blows up the tanker while we curse Lamar's name.

So yeah... Fuck Lamar

• Like 7

I feel badly now.  If I had been the wheelman, you know we woulda got away clean. 

I thought I was also the best helicopter pilot in the crew but after running Docks to Stocks yesterday,  Mis and Mel are neck in neck for that trophy.

• Like 1

If you were online - you would have wisely talked us out of doing a Lamar mission

But I love the hijack jobs because I get to drive.  Remember the one where we had to steal the chem shipment and I lost the cops driving up the side of the hill to the the wind farm?  PRICELESS! 

i thought I was going to unhitch the tanker and flip the rig coming down the hill to get back on the freeway, but she stayed steady.  I had at least three blown tires.

I would've talked you out of the mission if Fresh were on.  I think he's blown up the shipment three or four times when doing hijack jobs for Lemar.  Once with a minigun he had left over from Boneyard Survival.

"I am not certain, but I may have hit the tanker with a stray shot."  - Big Fresh37 :D

It's me, Dan, Andrew and Dolfan - we were getting nothing we liked so after two refreshes we were still stuck with shit so we ended up doing Gassed Up or some mission with Gas in the title. (I think - THINK - we picked it because one of the group had never done it.)

This mission might be the very first one I did that wasn't Titan of a Job. I remember that it was the first one I was really good at because it was stand around the gas station, mow down a 1000 cops. The mission this time said Nay Nay

It was Gassed Up. 

I remember it because  It was one of the first missions we ran with Dan during the early days of the DVDR 360 Mafia.. 

The one you and I where we were all "For us to have a two star wanted level, the streets sure are quiet!" and then we saw at mission completion that Dan had personally murdered over fifty of LSPD's Finest.  Dan had been talking into a disconnected mic during his epic shoot out.