DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Mark and I slap on the most basic Matte finish we can find. 

I try to buy some mods to up the money I get from Simeon, but you can take a bath if you add on too much.  Figuring out the return on investment can be tricky.  I've never tested it, but I think you get more money from the High Priority Import / Export green icon cars than you do from the cars on the text that Simeon sends you.

I made about 4K profit between two Obey Tailgaters that I stole for Simeon and put the exact same paintjobs on them.  Simeon payed me a lot more for stealing the green icon car.

I got stuck at work till 9 PM, so I didn't get in for job duty. 

I logged in just in time to help melraz piss off the world in freemode.  We were even trying to be nice, playing golf and darts and shit, but everybody wanted some.  And then they met melraz and suddenly they didn't want it any longer.  We just stayed in one place and let the entire server come to us till they all bailed, except one dude that had enough and stayed way the hell away.  I wound up down 50K for the night between ammunition expenditures and insurance payments on people's personal vehicles, even with doing Rooftop Rumble twice.  Worth every virtual penny though.

• Like 1

Rippa and I were up until 10PM which is pretty late for old men like us.  I had a fight with my girlfriend hours prior, so I was in a foul mood.  We made up this morning, so all is good.... for the next two weeks or so.

She and I really gotta address this rule of engagement thing.  Even when she have a legit point to make and I am completely in the wrong, when she comes at me in a confrontational manner, every thing she says for the rest of the argument is a haze of blah blah blah in my ears.

I stay angry and wanting to shoot things in the head - boss at work made the mistake of saying something stupid yesterday and I called him on it angrily instead of letting it slide - but sleep won out last night. I also have no guarantee of success in Freemode, which bothers me: "Hey, that guy blew me up for no reason. I sure would like to teach him a lesson" is really "I might teach him a lesson, or he may kick my ass up and down the map, reinforcing his bad behavior."

But congratulations on your move to the West Sieeeede in the game. I would've hated living where you did, in the center of town. I don't particularly care for where I live, either, because every cheap-ass lives there, but then again, so does Mel and RUkered and Mis, etc. I'd just like to live somewhere where I could get my bearings just a little bit before being thrown into the fray, and where I live grants me that privilege about 50 percent of the time.

Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't live where I live now, though. I defintitely wouldn't live in the $400,000 apartment - way too hot up there. I was looking at a map, and I saw an apartment icon in Vespucci Beach, and then I remembered a buddy of mine lived there and it just has a six-car garage. That's a great location, but oh well. I need to research some of those apartments like the one you're living in and Neil's living in.

If they didn't keep dangling this "heists" carrot in front of our faces, I wouldn't mind just having a 10-car garage. It's got a TV in it, that's important, and at least I wouldn't start every game in the got-dang shower.

Yep.  The promise of heists is the force driving me to get to at least Rank 100 before putting on the wait and see brakes.  My guess is that heists will probably be high end stuff for Rank100+ players.

Which is why Fresh needs to get his ass back in this game and grind levels every now and again.

Rippa and I were up until 10PM which is pretty late for old men like us.  I had a fight with my girlfriend hours prior, so I was in a foul mood.  We made up this morning, so all is good.... for the next two weeks or so.

She and I really gotta address this rule of engagement thing.  Even when she have a legit point to make and I am completely in the wrong, when she comes at me in a confrontational manner, every thing she says for the rest of the argument is a haze of blah blah blah in my ears.

Dinner and timezones meant I didn't get on till 10:30 your time, so I just missed y'all. 

If it makes you feel any better, my wife and I had that same type of deal Tuesday night, and we've been together 17 years.  Yeah, I screwed up, but it was an honest mistake.  Once the over the top reaction kicked in, my brain just kind of shut out whatever was said, which pissed her off even more.  Air got cleared later, so that was good, but life definitely sucked for a while there.

Got my Grim Reaper tattoo on my leg. So that's good. Still not unlocked the Hottie yet, not that I'll get it when I does becomes available.

It's a poor answer if you've already done it a million times, but just keep spamming Rooftop Rumble. Between the money and the RP, it's a no-brainer. I got a feeling they're gonna turn the damper down on it next update, so it's almost a "get it while you can" thing. And if you go in with three other people, geez, you can practically sit back and let them do all the work. Just remember to go into passive mode beforehand so when you come back out in Freemode, you're in passive, 'cause you will have company.

I died once doing it, and by the time I'd respawned, the random I was doing the mission with had already gotten the document and took off toward Martin's in his car. I'm like "OK, cool." Kaching!

I've leveled up to some absurd number now, even more absurd than before (180-plus) by spamming that one with randoms. I like to watch their play styles - everyone approaches that one slightly differently.

Now you've got me curious about apartments. My "grumpy old man" character needs somewhere more secluded.

Got my Grim Reaper tattoo on my leg. So that's good. Still not unlocked the Hottie yet, not that I'll get it when I does becomes available.

I got the Hottie tattoo right after the Stimulus money kicked in.  Just started a Closed Crew Session and got Nikki's Like meter to max, then invited her over to the penthouse for private dances until the 800RP kicked in.  Not a hard medal to get, but very time consuming.

It is a little infuriating that the only good looking hats in the game are Cowboy hats. I think if I wore any of the other hats - I would want to punch my character in the face.

JT and I ended up switching to ME3 because after doing the powerstation deathmatch - JT's heart wasn't really into shooting his friends.

Cerberus folk - no fucking problem

• Like 1

I figured out you don't have to sit through the entire dance for the hottie award, just start one and then stop it immediately.  Saved a ton of time.  Not sure I could have sat through 25 times otherwise.

One of these days I might have to see what ME3 multiplayer looks like with y'all.  I've had the game since release, and played through the single player at least 3 times, but never got on multiplayer.  I might be useless though - I haven't played any ME in at least 6 months.

It is a little infuriating that the only good looking hats in the game are Cowboy hats. I think if I wore any of the other hats - I would want to punch my character in the face.

JT and I ended up switching to ME3 because after doing the powerstation deathmatch - JT's heart wasn't really into shooting his friends.

Cerberus folk - no fucking problem

Yeah, me and the lady are patched up for now.  I think she knows I'm the man in her life that has been the most willing to put up with her shit.

Deathmatches for me is not so much about killing or winning; it is about hanging out with the fellas and talking a little smack. 

Last night, I was in the mood to just plain ol' shoot stuff after the incident.  I am sure that if the Night Shift had been on and we went out to regulate; my Unsporting% would be up to 70% by the end of the night.

I figured out you don't have to sit through the entire dance for the hottie award, just start one and then stop it immediately. Saved a ton of time. Not sure I could have sat through 25 times otherwise.

The bouncer isn't around to mess with you in GTA:O, so you can raise the Like meter in one or two dances because you don't have to sneak around the No Touching Rule.

After that, you can enter and exit dances at your leisure.

iF YOU KNOW LIKE I KNOOOOOOOOOW..  YOU DON'T WANNA STEP TO THIS......

AND IF YO ASS IS A BUUUUSTAH, 213 WILL REGULAAAATE....

The world is a sadder place without the gangsta vocals of Nate Dogg.

Speaking of tattoos, I got in a deathmatch with randoms a couple days ago, and immediately noticed that somebody on the other team had the skull and burning heart.  I figured we were screwed, and so it turned out to be.  I'll eventually get the skull, and maybe the grim reaper, but I don't think I'll ever get to the burning heart. 

Deathmatches for me is not so much about killing or winning; it is about hanging out with the fellas and talking a little smack.

Which is funny, since you often go into radio silence during deathmatches. :)

(A sound strategy. I get too frustrated to do that, unless i just take off my headphones in disgust.)

I actually stayed on till 4 this am some way some how. The madd dogg killer Robert the Reaper came in just as rukered was signin off. (We had been levelin our secondary characters up some.) I had a lil uhhhh ginger ale left so I kept on playin. I don't know how many times it was 6 or 7 on us 2 but we still kept sendin them lil puss punks back home to mommy. She would put a band aid on their boo boos then some would go on to their rooms to watch power puff girls and some would come back to get their ass whooped again. But no band aid would fix em or us after that cause our feet were up their ass so far they had athletes foot in their mouth.

And my dalm loved percent is still 100%. BECAUSE IMMA NICE GUY AND BY GOLLY PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME.

• Like 2

When did you start playing online, Melraz? I started playing online about a week or two after it debuted, to give them time to fix the glitches everyone was complaining about at the start.

I have a feeling maybe everyone with a crappy "loved" rating got theirs because they were poor sports early in the game before everyone realized that's just the way everybody was gonna be and decided not to report anyone anymore. I've been blowing up the cars of people who have come after me, when I'm able to, since the very start of the game, and maybe that pissed people off at first before everyone realized it's a fairly common happening. I used to have rooms full of people try to vote me out, but I was never sure what I did to anyone - it may have been rooms full of people who knew each other and I was raining on their parade.

I like the location of JT's apartment, but probably not enough to move - I'm a bit used to where I live and can find it from a bunch of places without the map. All I need to do to avoid most trouble is hang a right out of my driveway and head toward the pier area to get some breathing room. Sometimes that doesn't work, but most of the time, it does.

Goofed off for about an hour in a closed crew room - love respawning back into an empty room after doing whatever I want. Sold a couple of cars, robbed a couple of armored cars, did a few deathmatches. One guy tried to set up a deathmatch for 20 minutes with no kill limit, and I'm like QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT. No thank you.

Yeah I was a late bloomer to get gta5. You might be right. See it was the game that turned me into a dickhead. Thanks stout now I'm happy. And oh yeah me and the reaper (robert) missed the slaughterin Sergent stout last night along with the master madd man mizz. 2 of the 4 late night horsemen were representin hard though.

I think I spent more time sleeping at work last night than working. I just couldn't do some of it for falling asleep. Decided I need to turn that around. Plus I had no caffeine at work, either, which was just stupid of me. That's gonna be remedied today. I should just take caffeine pills with me and crush 'em up and snort them at various intervals. "YEAH, THAT'S THE STUFF RIGHT THERE!" 

Deathmatches for me is not so much about killing or winning; it is about hanging out with the fellas and talking a little smack.

Which is funny, since you often go into radio silence during deathmatches. :)

(A sound strategy. I get too frustrated to do that, unless i just take off my headphones in disgust.)

Well, last night I got my ass beat even though I broke even in K/D.  Not exactly grounds for proclaiming my excellent performance.

I bailed on Xbox live kinda early last night.  I had been playing call of duty while waiting on the graveyard shift to show up.  Call of duty tdm > gta tdm when you have six people working in cohesion making call outs and holding down one side of the map.

But yeah, my girlfriend came over last night at about 9:30 so we sat around and watched some movies.  I hadn't seen her since I got out of the hospital Monday (she has work, kids, and is about a month away from finishing her bachelors degree), where she stayed with me the entire time. Good chick, questionable judgement (she's with me), but a genuine heart, even if her head is up her ass sometimes.

Don't you fuckers dare repeat that to her btw, tempting as it may be. 

• Like 2