DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You quit saying bad things about my driving partners. It's always good to have a little company in the car while I'm traveling around. Of course, she's constantly going on about wasting her time, but I just tune her out.

This would actually be easy to do and would be cool as hell - hookers should have pimps. If you mistreat one either on purpose or accidentally (like running one over), their pimp comes out and tries to kill you, kinda like a mercenary or mugger, except they're relentless badassess. You screw with a ho, that's your ass.

I think I started playing Freemode with Miz when he was Level 30. I wondered if you had bought a tank - I knew you used to be able to call one, but I figured they took it away from you. Instead, they took away your ability to call it in until you hit a certain level. That's cool. I bought my Buzzard with my vast fortune and I can count the amount of times I've called it in on one hand, but we all play differently. I do have dreams of riding around in Freemode causing rampant death from the skies, but I'm not that good.

Mis, if you want Buzzard practice, there's a mission called Defender that involves blowing up choppers with a Buzzard and is pretty good money, too. It's not Rooftop Rumble money, but it's not bad. I think it's about $15,000 on hard after the first run pays more. It unlocks at Level 70, so you should be able to call it in.

Oh yeah, Dolfan - and that level gain for Andrew was just playing normal missions with no regard for RP. I was carrying some kid earlier through Rooftop Rumble and he went from Level 10 to 14 quick.

Stout and mizz robert and rukered. if yall get on tonight and i dont yall will hafta find us a recruit. I tried earlier and thought I had a bite. It was a level 7 and he seemed obliged to the help of levelin up. Him and a friend level 8 said sure we'll do missions witcha on voice messages. So I join their chat and talk for a minute. I couldn't understand one feller he talked way to dalm fast...and the other was like 7 years old. I was nice for once and it did me no good. Them sum bitches left the chat but kept still playin. Oh well I ain't gonna give up.

I saw a Level 1 on earlier. I'm like "is this possible?" Lowest I've seen is Level 3. If I'm Level 1 (or 3), I'm avoiding Freemode like a freakin' plague.

It's hard to find people who can take direction. I dunno if they don't trust me that "you need to do this" is a sincere statement. I'm constantly harping at younger players about getting into a rhythm of selling cars at every opportunity and learning to be relatively picky about what you're selling. Pays more and is less trouble than robbing those damn stores. Plus I would advise any youngster to start every play session in a private room - sell a car, buy some ammo, etc., do everything you can do in a private room to give you less to do in Freemode. Then join a public game.

• Like 1

Finally gave up after connection problems got to me.

Kicked off of missions, deathmatches, sessions timing out, and the one that finally made me give up was the PS3 locking up trying to start a Trevor mission with a low level guy.

Guess my current DSL is too slow for me to have a fulfilling experience.

Did you try unplugging your modem/router? Mine will occasionally throw "connection fits" and that simple deal actually seems to help. I worry about my 3 mbps connection not being fast enough, but I think it's OK as long as I don't multitask too much.

Edit: As my odd posting/playing hours indicate, I have a really hard time sleeping, for some reason. I can't remember the last time I slept eight hours straight. So I went to bed at 1 last night hoping that would do the trick. And I got up at 5, wide awake. So I decided to play a little in hopes I could go back to sleep.

Anyhoo, I'm racing in that four-way jumps race, and I have my headset on and my mic muted. One of the guys in the room sounds exactly like Generic Russian 101, and another is this little kid who's obviously from England who sounds like Pip from "South Park." Pip is playfully taunting Boris over beating him in the race, and Boris said "they put me in wall, I cannot win. Sons of bitches!" and it was probably the funniest thing I've heard all week. THAT's why I love this game.

Thank you sir, I will refrain from commenting on "seed" or ladies of questionable virtue *furthermore.

Why are we refraining from commenting on ladies of questionable virtue?  They are the best kind.

Speaking of ladies, there seems to be a metric shitton of all girl sets out there.  I have run with and been shot at by quite a few of them lately and they are recruiting heavily at Social Club.  I have already run afoul of the Female Gods (wouldn't that just be Godesses?) and the Baaad Girlz (yep, that's bad with three a's) seem to be a major all-girl crew.

These ladies do not fuck around, either.  I haven't seen a Female God member under Rank 80 and their stats are padded and they don't have K/D's under .70, so they have at least had some trigger time in freemode or deathmatches and practice driving and flying.  Their urban survival skills are hit or miss, but they do have the common sense to either travel in pairs or call for crew backup from other sessions.

If you shoot (or in my case, car bomb) one of them, you can expect quick retaliation.

I am also seeing quite a few Japanese players the one or two times I have gone home for lunch and logged on in search of a quick special crate drop.  They are as trigger happy and humorless as you'd expect.  My car bomb antics did not go over well with them but they don't retaliate by shooting at you; they all vote to kick you out of the room.

I have gained a healthy respect for the Mexican gamers.  Those essas don't fuck around.  I have yet to run into a Mexican player who did not have hard rank (you have seen the Rank 100 guy that has the shitty Stealth or Shooting stat because all they do is race cars).  Those fuckers are not arfaid of you and they do not go down easy even if you outrank them by twenty or thirty levels.  Always take them seriously and fucking aim for their heads or accept the Bad Sport point for blowing them up along with their car. 

If you have a bounty on your head and Mexicans are on the server, you'd better find the best defensible one-way alley and prepare to do the 300 stand-off because they will come after your ass and they won't stop until they collect that loot.

• Like 1

Anyhoo, I'm racing in that four-way jumps race, and I have my headset on and my mic muted. One of the guys in the room sounds exactly like Generic Russian 101, and another is this little kid who's obviously from England who sounds like Pip from "South Park." Pip is playfully taunting Boris over beating him in the race, and Boris said "they put me in wall, I cannot win. Sons of bitches!" and it was probably the funniest thing I've heard all week. THAT's why I love this game.

I love it when a Russian player just gets enraged and shouts SONS OF THE BITCH~! over general chat.  It is the Ivan stereotype we all love to hear.

One of your British / Pip from Southpark players was an early car bomb victim of mine.  His shriek of anger was ear splitting.

Got on for a lil bit this mornin tryin to find my new recruit. Shot one feller and he sent me a text "stop"...."stop what"...."killin me"...

."oh OK if ya wanna do some missions lemme know"...."survivals" then get a party invite. We did a few missions he leveled up twice so possibly have one??? In other news I got my 1000th player kill with the carbine and got a lil bit closer to 800 with the advanced sniper. The thing that passes me off is the rocket kills. Needed 3 yesterday for the platinum. Killed 2 in an adder with a rocket killed another feller inna car with a rocket I check it still need 2. Kill another victim today (on the ground) check it ... still need 2. Ahhhhhh it's pissin me off.

Still Jobber Thursday tonight?

Yeah, I am always up for Jobber Thursday.  I could use a normal deathmatch win (no heavy body count; one fall, five minute time limit will do), a tennis win, a target grid win at the shooting range and a GTA race win to secure medals.

Let me know how many wins away you are from your next vehicle upgrades of if you need me to job out tennis or a shooting challenge..

I need to start making a hqrd copy list of upgrades and achiievements needed.

Yeah, I still need to win a rally race with me as the navigator,  You don't the achievement if you are the driver.

Yeah, I still need to win a rally race with me as the navigator,  You don't the achievement if you are the driver.

I have never done a rally race period

I have never done a rally race period

They are the opposite of fun.

• Like 1

I love it when a Russian player just gets enraged and shouts SONS OF THE BITCH~! over general chat.  It is the Ivan stereotype we all love to hear.

One of your British / Pip from Southpark players was an early car bomb victim of mine.  His shriek of anger was ear splitting.

This guy had the most stereotypical Russian guy accent you will ever hear. It was straight out of every bad movie. And he was unhappy. Herby says he hates racing for the same reason - people always screwing with you. When I first started playing the game years ago, it seems, all I did was race and people screwing with me used to piss me off. But it eventually hit me that "uh, dumbass, this is GTA" and it's all part of it. I don't get mad now that people bump me and keep me from finishing first, I'm happy that they all bump me and I still finish fourth.

I'll bump people myself if it's just a no-brainer, easy shot, but I won't go out of my way to, because 99 percent of the time I'd screw up and cost myself position while not doing anything to my opponent.

Got on for a lil bit this mornin tryin to find my new recruit. Shot one feller and he sent me a text "stop"...."stop what"...."killin me"...

."oh OK if ya wanna do some missions lemme know"...."survivals" then get a party invite. We did a few missions he leveled up twice so possibly have one??? In other news I got my 1000th player kill with the carbine and got a lil bit closer to 800 with the advanced sniper. The thing that passes me off is the rocket kills. Needed 3 yesterday for the platinum. Killed 2 in an adder with a rocket killed another feller inna car with a rocket I check it still need 2. Kill another victim today (on the ground) check it ... still need 2. Ahhhhhh it's pissin me off.

Anyone who begs off getting killed via text may not have the backbone for Project Pyle. That also makes me think they're about 10 years old, for some reason. Kids are volatile, with short attention spans. 

And I'd say you got that rocket accomplishment in the bag without too much trouble.

Oh, big fun for upper-level players: Instead of grenade launchering the enemy SUVs that come in waves after you get the documents in Rooftop Rumble, minigun them. Big fun and is easy. One day after virtually swearing I'd never do Rooftop Rumble again, this dude kept inviting me to play it last night and I had nothing better to do, so I'd go. It'd start, he'd handle everything and the next thing you know I'm $18,000 richer.

One game, I accidentally had a pistol drawn instead of my machine gun and got killed. By the time I respawned, he'd killed everyone in the garage, gotten the documents and was mowing down the SUVs with the minigun. I'm like "you go, boy" as I went to the pay windah, if you weeel.

I'm nearly at the $2 million mark, at which point I may retire and spend the rest of my days inside my apartment calling mercenaries and muggers on the entire map and watching the other players gather outside the apartment in anger waiting for me to come out while I call them bitches on the game chat.

Oh, and is it kinda weirdly sad that every time I hear a female on the general chat, I think "where's J.T.?" There was one last night in the middle of a cluster of players and she was being talked to by this sad little individual who was obviously trying to hit on her and doing a poor job. Alas, she was in a crew, but I didn't notice which one.

I haven't seen our resident female motorcycle expert on in a while - I take it she doesn't play GTA online anymore?

• Like 1

Herby says he hates racing for the same reason - people always screwing with you. When I first started playing the game years ago, it seems, all I did was race and people screwing with me used to piss me off. But it eventually hit me that "uh, dumbass, this is GTA" and it's all part of it. I don't get mad now that people bump me and keep me from finishing first, I'm happy that they all bump me and I still finish fourth.

I'll bump people myself if it's just a no-brainer, easy shot, but I won't go out of my way to, because 99 percent of the time I'd screw up and cost myself position while not doing anything to my opponent.

I try to race as clean as possible, but rubbing and drafting is racing.  If a guy is right behind me, he is slipstreaming so I will offer the lane and let him pass if it is obvious that he is making a move.  I will avoid being PITed out of the race and can try to draft him later on. 

If a guy is blocking my path so that I cannot get by him via slipstream, he's giving me no choice but to PIT him.  I am also not above sideswiping someone and forcing them into a building or a street post if they are trying to bully their way past me.  If you are going to make your move, make it clean.

I seem to race better when there is traffic as opposed to when there is no traffic.  I also seem to fare better in point-to-point races rather than lap races.

Speaking of races, R* really does need to reset some of the World Records on the tracks.  There is no way that someone did Grass Route in four seconds in a dune buggy without a NOS hack. 

My fastest time in Criminal Records is about 26 seconds which is one second off from the average.of 25 seconds and six off of the old world record.  The current WR is less than one second.  Devs should know the ideal times under ideal conditions and purge the times which are unrealistic from the leaderboards.