DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/26 & 9/2 +

• 4 weeks later...

That has to be on the most lukewarm invasion angles ever.   The crowd didn't care one bit about Jarrett being revealed.  Hell the crowd didn't really care about anything.  If the entire TNA vs GFW war is going to met with that much silence then it is going to be much worse than the spoilers 

• Like 1

Hardys-EC3 stuff sucked at the beginning and then the ERIC YOUNG THE BADASS video didn't exactly help matters. EY-Melendez sucked. Uno did what he does best - have a match that made no waves or memorable impression on the audience while retaining a title no one cares about. Tag title match wasn't much - although everything with Manik was good. Brooke vs. Velvet was okay, I guess. Lots of Brooke's ass. Can't go wrong with the cheesecake video either, and Rebel joining the Dollhouse is a good move. She still gets to be on TV, and Crazzy Steve doesn't.

The main event talking segment was something else. We got Dixie Carter giving a lecture on running a successful business, Jeff Jarrett saying that hard work made TNA successful in the past (but not the present), DETECTIVE DREW GALLOWAY using his criminology degree to logically solve a case in pro wrestling, and then the GFW roster beating down TNA's roster of goobers to close the show. 

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/44261-tna-impact-august-26-results-a-recap-four-way-no-1-contenders-match-for-kotm-title

Screens - 

35a4e1431847304.jpg

UP NEXT - ONE OF THESE TWO THINGS.
6b6624431863270.jpg

2450a3431863289.jpg 

The T&A of TNA

809ef9431867557.jpg 

0c5005431867721.jpg 

8ce106431868011.jpg 

024d5c431868014.jpg

8df3c9431868018.jpg  

3250e1431868019.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/67bggme2dm5h61qjuytqvuj5a3dup93v

The absolute lack of heat for the GFW run in at the end was hilarious. TNA doesn't even try to put in fake crowd heat anymore.  EY/Melendez has to be in contention for most disgusting promotional tactic this year. Just awful all around.

I'd rather get silent apathy than a can of random cheers being unleashed over the track.

The people have no reason to care about GFW.  It's barely a thing and there's no real reason to care about the Carter/Jarrett split either since it's not even a particularly interesting story.

I question Jeff Jarrett agreeing to turn heel since he's basically the face of GFW and still has to go out and do media to sell his shows.

One-legged babyface getting their prosthetic leg taken by the heel is fine pro wrestling.

Problem is Melendez isn't over at all and there's no reason he should be since he's barely been around since his debut and hasn't looked particularly good when he has.

Imagine how inspirational Bo would be if he lost a leg. Which is entirely possible, if he is wrestling Brock on the MSG special.

I really hope they do an old school stretcher job for Bo after the match.

Anyway, I only watched the EY/Melendez match cause I wanted to see how dumb it looked compared to the spoilers version. Wow, I didn't expect it to piss me off but it did. I mean from a character standpoint all they had to do was have Melendez take the leg off and as EY goes to grab it...WHACK. KO Eric Young and Melendez walks out a winner. Builds up some heat for the eventual rematch. But this TNA. We can't do that. We'll just have Eric take the leg of an actual wounded vet and we'll show him hopping around. I like Chris Melendez. I was there for his debut here in NYC. He's not bad considering his disability. But yeah TNA gives us no reason to care about anyone and when they do its for the wrong reasons.

Impact peaked with the super-green video package that opened the show with Dixie as the wicked witch of the west. None of the matches were particularly good, and a lot of bizarre and illogical things happened. Oh, and the big invasion is over in two weeks. Hell of a run.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/44360-tna-impact-92-live-tv-results-a-recap-roode-vs-black

Screens -

f6867e433475312.jpg

a8aaf7433479051.jpg

f755bf433482063.jpg

501690433482065.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/7y326ss83zlro1doznzyvvb3j002jt3r

I got a half hour into Impact and I can't fucking take anymore. Jeff Jarrett really isn't capable of anything other than piss poor invasion angles. I never need to see Jeff, Karen, Sonjay Dutt, or Scott D'Amore ever again. It was bad enough seeing D'Amore's mug all over a 1 hour show back in 2005. More Scott D'Amore mugging for the camera in 2015? Fuck you. It's ashame PJ Black and Trevor Lee are part of this corn filled shit.