DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: ALEX RILEY

RIPPA

Alex Riley is REALLY good at pull-apart brawls. Like exceptionally well. His one segment with The Miz and the recent stuff with Kevin Owens were both great. But then he has to do literally anything else and he's beyond garbage.  He was alright as an insufferable lackey kiss-ass to The Miz, too.

I do love that he gets treated like garbage by other wrestlers constantly. Kevin Owens making fun of his back tattoo and stomping on him just because was so great. But it's even things like Renee Young dismissing him always in the booth or Regal putting him down for being so inconsequential. I really want to think all of that are things these people actually think and feel no real need to bite their tongues because of what a doofus that guy is.

w/David Arquette vs Randy Orton Table Match

vs John Cena Steel Cage Match

w/John Cena vs The Miz and R-Truth with special referee 'Stone Cold" Steve Austin

w/Rey Mysterio vs The Miz and Jack Swagger

vs Antonio Cesaro

• Like 1

THIS IS THE BEST THING ABOUT ALEX RILEY:

The opening few seconds is basically the Glass Breaking for the 2010s.

And it was wasted on Alex Frigging Riley.

I love that Alex Riley is seemingly everything Vince McMahon wants in a "sports entertainer" and he sucks in all areas of it. Kevin Steen destroying Riley was like a small victory for indy fans over Vince and his out of touch vision.

Been a big fan ever since the face turn and wished he got a bigger push back then. Thought he fit right in alongside Cena & Orton in six man tags.

w/Rey Mysterio vs The Miz and Jack Swagger

Always loved this one. Fantastic hidden gem of a match, exciting with a hot crowd into it all.