DVDVR Message Board

2015-2016 NCAA BASKETBALL SEASON

RIPPA

ESPN is reporting that the Sun Devils have hired Bobby Hurley to be there head coach.

I know it's not likely to happen soon but is this a move to set up him possible taking over at Duke?

Arizona St. will probably do a lot better just from not having Sendek, so there's a chance.

Kyle Wiltjer and Jakob Poeltl will both return to school next year.  Marcus Foster is headed to Creighton after transferring from Kansas State.  I'm pretty sure Weber only has like 3 players now.

The Thunder are going hard after Kevin Ollie to be their next head coach.  He's got good relationships with Durant and Westbrook, so there's a leg up already.

Derryck Thornton, arguably the best PG in the '16 class, reclassifies to '15 and commits to Duke. And they're about to get Brandon Ingram, arguably the best SF in the class on Monday. Jesus F'n...

I eagerly await the articles criticizing Coach K ruining college basketball by winning with freshmen. He could very possibly win back-to-back titles starting 3-4 freshmen. Hmmm....

The full field of the baffling Legends Classic Tournament was announced

Arizona State

LSU

Marquette

NC State

Belmont

IUPUI

Kennesaw State

South Alabama

And Maryland and Georgetown are getting close to agreeing to renewing their rivalry (Partly thanks to the Big Ten/Big East Gavitt Games thing)

Those Matchups

Tuesday, Nov. 17:

Georgetown at Maryland
Nebraska at Villanova
DePaul at Penn State

Wednesday, Nov. 18:

Illinois at Providence

Thursday, Nov. 19:

Iowa at Marquette
Creighton at Indiana
Rutgers at St. John’s

Friday, Nov. 20:

Xavier at Michigan

VanFleet and Baker return to Wichita State for what I think is their 19th year of college basketball.

This made me laugh pretty hard. There should be an award given out every year for the college athlete who seems like he has been in school the longest. I swear Curtis Staples was in school for like 11 years on UVa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder what configuration of organs I'm going to have to sell to get tickets to Kentucky/Kansas in Allen Fieldhouse.  

Better add your soul and first born to the list as well. . . . 

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff Jones diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Supposedly caught in the very early stage and he expects/hopes to return to ODU without missing much time

• 2 weeks later...

I like both of those changes.  They also changed that you can't pull a Howland and call timeout right before a media timeout.

Pitino got a 10-year extension from Louisville.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...