DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 6-30-14 - Return of McMahonDow!

MGFanJay

Nice to see AJ's back to kill the Divas division deader than she did during her last reign.

Yeah, that never happened.  It was the most over the division had been since Trish and Lita.

That before or after she buried them all in that shitty worked-shoot promo? And proceeded to beat them all over and over again?

The division was more over after the promo, and everyone that challenged her was more over than they have been at any other point in their entire career.

The only diva over during AJ's reign as champion was AJ with the crowd regularly shitting on everyone else. I shudder to imagine another 295 days of that. 

• Like 1

Shit. I didn't read the thread (because I wasn't even finished with the show) so I didn't realize Patrick made my joke before me. And did it better! My apologies.

Ambrose gave this great swing-and-a-miss punch that wasn't even fucking close as Rollins was running away in the aisle. I want a .gif of that.

You can run down every other country in the world (which we do! on a weekly basis!!!), but don't you DARE talk about America! *face turn* blergh, no thanks.

I guess Rusev & Lana just became fast forward material as long as they're in this program with Swagger & Zeb.

Catching up on Bo Dallas. I can't wait to watch this whole segment but he might be the best comic on television right now, with apologies to Nathan Fielder. I have no idea how he can keep a straight face with his absolute insane commitment to a lack of self-awareness.

I love the Jack/Zeb turn. Their face turn makes sense. Zeb and Jack have xenophobic views I don't support. But Lana's constantly running down America and trumpeting the supremacy of Russia. Zeb's a war hero who stared those Commie bastards in the eye. I don't agree with his vision of what America should look like, but I do agree with him that this lady can run down America yet the equivalent in Russia ends up with someone getting whipped by Cossacks.

Zeb and Swagger will learn from this trial.  When confronted with a true evil, they will learn that its diversity is what makes America different. 

Eventually they will rally around Patrick Swayze and a small ragtag band of warriors including Mario Van Peebles and John Lequizamo and Gedde Watananabe, and that one gay guy from Lambda Lambda Lambda and they will

get crushed by Rusev

RUSEV CYRAUSSSSSHHHHHHGHGHH

• Like 2

Why is HHH giving Roman Reigns a title shot?  Last I checked, he didn't like him, right?  So why include him in the Fatal 4-Way where he's got a shot to win the title, instead of just making it a Triple Threat with just his guys against Cena?

Wrestlers aren't very smart?  Honestly, this is genius compared to Seth wanting Ambrose put in the MiTB match so Ambrose can't run in and screw him (Seth) out of  the match.

Why is HHH giving Roman Reigns a title shot?  Last I checked, he didn't like him, right?  So why include him in the Fatal 4-Way where he's got a shot to win the title, instead of just making it a Triple Threat with just his guys against Cena?

Wrestlers aren't very smart?  Honestly, this is genius compared to Seth wanting Ambrose put in the MiTB match so Ambrose can't run in and screw him (Seth) out of  the match.

Well, it did end up working pretty well for him.

What's with the commercials for RAW being anything but PG? Every commercial break they'd either show a spot for Sex Tape or a dude humping women and getting paid for it in that Satisfaction show. Weird.

Didn't really care for AJ coming back but whatever, as long as Paige goes over in the end.

Looking forward to Wyatt vs Jericho.

What's with the commercials for RAW being anything but PG? Every commercial break they'd either show a spot for Sex Tape or a dude humping women and getting paid for it in that Satisfaction show. Weird.

Also having Adam Rose and Santino advertise alcohol that's basically aimed at minors.

Wrestlers aren't very smart?

He's the Cerebral Assassin!

You know, I don't think A.J.'s really pregnant.

Have you learned nothing.   There's always Plan B.

Unless you work for Hobby Lobby!

I don't have a GIF.

• Like 12

They sort of had Cody fucking with Sandow for the previous MITB.  I seem to recall they've done a few other attempted cash ins where someone screwed it up like during Dolph's MITB run.

But yeah, Dean as the psycho haunting Seth's MITB cash ins is the way to go.  It would be even better if he lets the match start, slides in and decks the ref or Seth or the opponent so the match ends in a DQ right away.

• Like 1

They sort of had Cody fucking with Sandow for the previous MITB.  I seem to recall they've done a few other attempted cash ins where someone screwed it up like during Dolph's MITB run.

But yeah, Dean as the psycho haunting Seth's MITB cash ins is the way to go.  It would be even better if he lets the match start, slides in and decks the ref or Seth or the opponent so the match ends in a DQ right away.

It's amazing what happens when you put that briefcase, or other stuff like say maybe an intercontinental title, on someone you actually want to push who is feuding with someone you actually want to push!!!!!!!

• Like 1

"There are three things that will survive a nuclear explosion. Twinkies. Coackroaches. And Dean Ambroses."

Damn. That's one of the best friggin' lines ever said.

And it wasn't even the best thing he said in that promo, considering he said that just seconds after talking about spending two months in jail in a Mexican border town for nearly killing a man at a truck stop who flipped him off.

Dean's legitimately one catch phrase/T-Shirt combination from being the next big thing.

• Like 6

"There are three things that will survive a nuclear explosion. Twinkies. Coackroaches. And Dean Ambroses."

Damn. That's one of the best friggin' lines ever said.

And it wasn't even the best thing he said in that promo, considering he said that just seconds after talking about spending two months in jail in a Mexican border town for nearly killing a man at a truck stop who flipped him off.

Dean's legitimately one catch phrase/T-Shirt combination from being the next big thing.

His theme music needs alittle punching up too. The "rev up" intro is perfect. But the body of the song is alittle generic.

Speaking of "rev ups" how great is it that "Ladies and Gentlemen" is now like the beginning of Paul Heyman's theme, but without actually having a theme. 

Like "You think you know me" or "Time to Play the Game"...like that little hook (rev up?) before the music starts that isn't necessarily related to the song but that gives everyone time to react.

Tonight he said "Ladies and Gentlemen" while he was behind the tron still...and waited a beat before walking out, and it had exactly the same effect as a music cue.

Love that man.

Swagger turn was garbage. What a waste of Dutch. He should have said, "But I agree about American kids being too entitled these days!" and started a heel faction. Or Angle's music should have come on. With or without him.

Show was pretty good, though. Dug the AJ return. Six man tag was the highlight. Absolutely LOVE the "you cash in, I beat your ass!" angle. Wish they hadn't shot too much wad with that tonight, though - needed a slower build. Fast forwarded the main event until the pretty solid cluster duck ending.

Y2J return was fantastic.

Whenever the Wyatts say, "City - We're here", I imagine them getting there by way of the opening scene of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.