DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

yeah - the two abilities that are really OP in Crucible are the fucking Titan Defender Bubble and the ability to self-resurrect.

Still - won two more Iron Banner matches so I am Level 1

Yeah, Stalker and Hungering Blade are on the same talent tree, so I can't have them in use at the same time. 

The skill I use depends on the map.   I use Hungering Blade on small maps to help with battle recovery and Stalker on larger maps or areas that have a lot of hidey holes. 

I have made a career out of being a cloaked sniper on that one map on Venus..

Still - won two more Iron Banner matches so I am Level 1

You should have triple my Crucible medal score by the time I get home.   Friggin' windshield replacement appointment...

I will compete in Iron Banner matches if only to be able to buy a new shader and a new emblem..  Oracle 99 is getting old and I want to replace it with another Legendary shader.

I am kinda bummed that the tournament means that Salvage matches won't be available for two weeks.  That is the only Crucible match grimoire card I have yet to get.

I logged a solid hour or so into the Crucible last night, and it reminds me that I just hate PVP because I am so terrible at it.

I am also guessing that running a Scout Rifle in PVP is not the best idea going forward.

I logged a solid hour or so into the Crucible last night, and it reminds me that I just hate PVP because I am so terrible at it.

I am also guessing that running a Scout Rifle in PVP is not the best idea going forward.

Most people just spam Fusion Rifles or Shotguns in PvP.  If they are packing Primary Weapons, they are usually Auto Rifles or Pulse Rifles.

Scout Rifles aren't ideal weapons for the Crucible but if you are running cover for a teammate that takes point, you can usually get your headshot kills in while supporting your battle buddy and earn an Overwatch medal or an Unsung Hero medal in the process.

My bread and butter load-out is usually a Hand Cannon, Sniper Rifle, and a Machine Gun.  I am leveling up a Fusion Rifle to use for small maps and I want to get a Rocket Launcher only because I have a handful of kills with that weapon and want to pad my stats.

Playing Crucible makes me think that there should have been a healer/priest class.

Sunsingers are about as close as it gets since Radiance reduces cooldown time and provides damage resistance.

We all have one advanced skill that provides battle recovery in some form or fashion.

Last night, I had earned 76 Vanguard marks that week. So I started doing Strike Playlist Eagle. Two striketeams I was on spawned into public events. One of them, we  were doing the tone with the tanks on Mars. We had to stop the target, and three of us were already in Cabal tanks, which had also respawned... about nine guys in the area, and the lowest level guy around was level 24. Easiest gold I ever got. Got the achievement for max Marks in a week off that.

Also, I remembered my PSN password. I can finally actually join the clan, and read all them Grimoire cards I've got. I have done Devil's Lair 33 times so far.

Be expecting admin permissions for the clan soon!

Yeah, I still don't have one fuckin' Legendary weapon or piece of armor, let alone something Exotic. I feel very unlucky.

Did you not do any of the queens story missions that unlocked after completing a bounty? They all resulted in a legendary reward at completion.

Also completing the weekly heroic strike every week results in at least 3 strange coins on each difficulty, so possibility of 9 for that. Exotic arbor from Xur is just 13 strange coins or you could buy the exotic engram for 24 motes of light.

Playing Crucible makes me think that there should have been a healer/priest class.

Titan Defender bubble gives a shield buff to fireteam members that enter it

True, but you can still attack when under the influence of Radience.  IIRC, no one can fire weapons through a Defender bubble.

Well look at that - my engram turned into the Legendary Sniper Rifle "Final Boss"

All of you people with daytime playing hours make me ill.

Your tax dollars are well spent, America.   I am two days ahead of schedule, even when goofing off on the internets on my downtime.

Besides that, you almost never use a Sniper Rifle in the Crucible.

Yeah, I still don't have one fuckin' Legendary weapon or piece of armor, let alone something Exotic. I feel very unlucky.

Did you not do any of the queens story missions that unlocked after completing a bounty? They all resulted in a legendary reward at completion.

Also completing the weekly heroic strike every week results in at least 3 strange coins on each difficulty, so possibility of 9 for that. Exotic arbor from Xur is just 13 strange coins or you could buy the exotic engram for 24 motes of light.

or do it once at lvl 28 like I've been doing :-)

True, but you can still attack when under the influence of Radience.  IIRC, no one can fire weapons through a Defender bubble.

Stick the Gun barrel out of the bubble.

Once you run into the bubble you get the buff until damage takes it away, regardless if you stay inside.  You just won't take damage inside unless someone comes inside the bubble causing damage (although this is a fools errand, they usually get melee'd rather quickly.  I have blade danced through the bubble and killed fools.

However, there is another buff (I'm thinking the final one for the defender subclass, but I'm not a defender thus I'm not sure) that enemies that enter the bubble are blinded, so...there's that.

Well look at that - my engram turned into the Legendary Sniper Rifle "Final Boss"

congrats Phil!

Edited by misanthrope304

Stick the Gun barrel out of the bubble.

Once you run into the bubble you get the buff until damage takes it away, regardless if you stay inside.  You just won't take damage inside unless someone comes inside the bubble.  I have blade danced through the bubble and killed fools.

I don't think I've ever been on the same team as a Defender.   Rippa is more comfortable being a Striker.

I have been on the opposite team as a Defender a few times and it sucks.   I lost in a Control match to a team whose Defender was always able to put his field up during a flag capture.  Good to know that you can Arc Blade in an enemy Defender's field.  I will use that little tactic.

I was always at too low of a level for the Queen's Wrath missions.

I will play as a Defender once I max it out.

I ain't going into Crucible with it otherwise

You can score on Triple Down medals almost at will.  Keep doin' whatcha doin'.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever been on the same team as a Defender.   Rippa is more comfortable being a Striker.

I have been on the opposite team as a Defender a few times and it sucks.   I lost in a Control match to a team whose Defender was always able to put his field up during a flag capture.  Good to know that you can Arc Blade in an enemy Defender's field.  I will use that little tactic.

The following is a very pertinent piece of information:

However, there is another buff (I'm thinking the final one for the defender subclass, but I'm not a defender thus I'm not sure) that enemies that enter the bubble are blinded, so...there's that.

I probably should have replaced buff with perk or ability...and not interchange the three just to be more clear.  I'm in the midst of training, being watched for web-surfing and using my best ninja typing skills to not get caught, sooo...

That being said, I hope you get the gist of it.  You picking up what I'm putting down?

Also, I've martyred myself by going into an enemy bubble with a rocket launcher equipped.  Yes, I am that guy.

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

Also, I've martyr'ed myself by going into an enemy bubble with a rocket launcher equipped.  Yes, I am that guy.

No, RUkered is that guy! :lol:

We really should play GTA Online one day... preferably not at three in the morning..

I will be back on soon.

And I was headed to the moon first because I need 200 tears or shards or whatever the fuck it is I am supposed to collect their

Impact Shards.   I've done so many Vanguard Bounties that I almost know the details by heart.

I am a sad human being.

And in my next skirmish, our team, barely thanks to me, got a decisive victory.

And i fi ished my skirmish bounty, so i can do moon bounties the rest of the afternoon (unless Phil gets back on before i go to work).

No wonder you won.  The player leading your team has the Destiny player profile of a mass murderer.

He also has the Chatterwhite shader which means that he's been a part of a fireteam that has beaten the Vault of Glass.