DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Went to the Crucible again because I had the bounty that requires completion of 5 Control matches. I had 3, so I figured what the hell. I was at Level 10, next lowest guy on my team (in either match) was around 22 or so. Gotten to the point where I don't think I'm a complete liability, but obviously I'm not on the level of some of these people.

Second match was back-and-forth between our two teams, and with about two minutes left, I said "fuck it" and camped myself in a turret overlooking Zone B (don't ask me which map. . .I'm not 100% sure), which our team was in control of. Clock gets down to about 20 seconds, and I see a guy duck into a building, knowing that he's going to come out to try to take Zone B. He pops out, I unload on him, and kill him to give our squad the lead with about 10 seconds left. So that felt pretty good.

Got my first blue weapon out of the deal, too, which was nice.

That is fucking awesome!  That should've earned you a Nail In The Coffin and a Clutch medal.

I've been in a couple of close matches but never anything that went down to the wire.  Most of the time my team is blowing out the other team (but not badly enough for us to earn a Decisive Victory medal) or we're getting our asses kicked.

I played my first Strike mission last night (Devil's Lair). It lasted a lot longer than I thought it would,and I feel sorry for the two souls that were left having to revive me.

I discovered how crappy the glide ability for the Warlock is when I could rarely jump high enough to higher ground in the spot where your ghost takes forever to get you past the room

I can make it through the Devil's Lair and Summoning Pits strikes without getting killed. 

The Fallen Walker is not to be underestimated no matter how high your level.  I have gone in with a pair of 26's and we had the Warlock die four times while fighting the Walker because he would try to snipe, got tunnel vision, and did not mind his position when the Walker targeted him.

I can definitely do Summoning Pits without dying... assuming I don't jump off any ledges.

In fact I need to go back and do that to get the chest - I just have been waiting for the bounty to show back up.

Hopefully I am making Dead Orbit proud every time I punch someone in the face.

How many Gold Chests do you need to get from the Moon, Rippa?  I think I remember where they all are.  I don't remember getting anything special like the awesome Sparrow upgrade from Earth.  I will pass on the Jade Bunny emblem to my eventual Titan alt.

I got all of the Dead Ghosts from the Moon yesterday while waiting for my pizza to arrive.  A couple of them are in some really ridiculous hiding places.

I can make it through the Devil's Lair and Summoning Pits strikes without getting killed. 

The Fallen Walker is not to be underestimated no matter how high your level.  I have gone in with a pair of 26's and we had the Warlock die four times while fighting the Walker because he would try to snipe, got tunnel vision, and did not mind his position when the Walker targeted him.

I'm admittedly terrible at shooters, and I mainly died in the room before you fight the fallen walker because I could never jump back up to the higher platform.

It's safe to say that I'm at least a couple of weeks away from playing my first raid.

I need 3 more on the Moon. Mainly because I haven't been actively looking for them.

I need the one on that ledge in the Summoning Pits and then I have no idea where the other two are

glfpunk, I see what you're saying now. That does make sense. I think when I start my alt, which will be whenever I hit 28 with my main, I'll do a faction as so as possible. One thing I didn't notice, does the type of mark a faction item costs vary? So, say a Helmet cost 60 Vanguard Marks, but a Hand Cannon costs 120 Crucible Marks?

I need 3 more on the Moon. Mainly because I haven't been actively looking for them.

I need the one on that ledge in the Summoning Pits and then I have no idea where the other two are

There are two that you can get to during the World's Grave mission.  You probably saw the one in the Library and the other one you have is probably the same one I found first aka the one in the crater near the Hellmouth.

I think I remember where the other two are tucked away and we know where the third one is in the Summoning Pits.

And yeah, if I don't happen upon Ghosts or Chests by accident, I never find them during missions because I don't wander around and look for them.

The game map needs to show more stats.  It tells you how many Gold Chests remain on the map, but It would be nice if it also told you how many Dead Ghosts you've yet to find.

I could be wrong but when I was looking on Sunday - the cost of an item is the same from faction to faction. So helmets are the same no matter where

But the type of item is different costs - armor costs less than weapons (at least that is what it seems)

I could be wrong but when I was looking on Sunday - the cost of an item is the same from faction to faction. So helmets are the same no matter where

But the type of item is different costs - armor costs less than weapons (at least that is what it seems)

Yeah, weapons are more expensive than armor.  I always seem to be short of Weapon Parts, so I will probably start buying Greens and dismantling them once I start hitting the Glimmer cap.

Queen's Wrath thingie concludes next Monday (October 6th).  Hopefully I will have Queen's Favor Rank 2 by then.  I am not terribly bummed about not getting any of her legendary gear with the shitty shade of purple..

I saw an Exo Titan decked out in all Queen armor.  He looked like a seedless grape.  If I got any of her stuff, I would probably just tear it apart and use the shards to upgrade the Dustwalker armor I am going to start buying from the Hunter Vanguard rep after I earn 700-ish more rep points.

Iron Banner event starts on October 7th.  I am stoked by the prospect of the new Iron Banner jumpship being available during the event.

Birth_of_History.png

Wow, that thing is huge.

Earning the Get If Off medal and the Postmortem medal at the same time after sticking a Flux Grenade on an opposing player right before getting shot is never going to get old.

This will be a pretty story mission heavy night for me since most of my available bounties have something to do with a boss battle on Venus, but I know we won't make it through the night without going to the Crucible at least once so I may as well grab the lowest hanging piece of fruit that I can from the Crucible bounty selection.

That sounds familiar.

glfpunk, I see what you're saying now. That does make sense. I think when I start my alt, which will be whenever I hit 28 with my main, I'll do a faction as so as possible. One thing I didn't notice, does the type of mark a faction item costs vary? So, say a Helmet cost 60 Vanguard Marks, but a Hand Cannon costs 120 Crucible Marks?

I'm pretty sure they're standard prices for armor and weapons no matter if you get them from the vanguard person, crucible person, or a faction.  And the armor seems to be the same defensive levels everywhere for legendary also so you should make your choice of what faction to choose based on the perks of the armor/weapon that you're after.  What sucks is that I originally joined New Monarchy because I had my eye on their auto rifle and have since ended up getting the Suros Regime exotic auto rifle so now I'm going to look at some of their armor.  I'm thinking I will switch off between factions and standard vanguard and crucible based on targeting a specific piece of equipment.  Seems like the best plan. 

Also for everyone if you have a package from the postmaster, leave it there and don't get it until after the patch.  Reason being if it's a possible legendary package, after the patch you will be guaranteed legendary gear from all legendary engrams.  Right now it could still end up being a rare item after it's decrypted.  But make sure if you have an engram in your inventory that you haven't decrypted that you do so before the patch hits because bungie has said that all legendary engrams in your inventory before the patch will be rare or uncommon items after the patch. 

I forgot that Xur should show up this weekend.  I have 13 Strange Coins burning a hole in my pocket.  I wonder what will be on sale?

One day I will finally give a shit about leveling up my Warlock alt.

I totally forgot about not opening up packages in my mail last night and opened a package to reveal two rare engrams, one of which turned into a green item. God. Dammit.

Ditto, but the two Rare Engrams I got in the mail turned into Strange Coins so I wasn't as pissed as I could've been.

I don't think I would've been broken hearted about getting a Green so long as it was a weapon.  I was all out of weapon parts on Saturday and it took about two hours of farming to get enough Green weapon drops to upgrade my Blue sniper rifle.

• Like 1

Of course - as I pointed out... you could have just bough green weapons and be done a lot sooner

This from the Glimmer miser that FINALLY spent some hard earned currency on a new jumpship to replace that fossil you were flying?

Good of you to join the DVDR jumpship squadron of awesomeness after mothballing that Arcadia-class brick!

Here's another tip: You don't always need to be using a specific weapon or piece of armor to level it up. For example, if you have a shiny new Auto Rifle that kicks like a motherfucker, unlike the smooth firing, but lower powered Auto Rifle you're using now, then you don't need to suffer through using that new Auto Rifle, trying to level it up. When you go to turn in your bounties, whatever you're equipped with is what levels up. So you can equip whatever you want to level up, turn in your bounties, and then reap the benefits.

In addition, if you're maxed out on stuff and have some weapons or armor you're just not going to use, equip that, turn in your bounties, level those items up, and then disassemble them to get more Glimmer, Weapons Parts, Sapphire Wire, etc.

• Like 2

Here's another tip: You don't always need to be using a specific weapon or piece of armor to level it up. For example, if you have a shiny new Auto Rifle that kicks like a motherfucker, unlike the smooth firing, but lower powered Auto Rifle you're using now, then you don't need to suffer through using that new Auto Rifle, trying to level it up. When you go to turn in your bounties, whatever you're equipped with is what levels up. So you can equip whatever you want to level up, turn in your bounties, and then reap the benefits.

In addition, if you're maxed out on stuff and have some weapons or armor you're just not going to use, equip that, turn in your bounties, level those items up, and then disassemble them to get more Glimmer, Weapons Parts, Sapphire Wire, etc.

This is good advice.

Another question:

Knowing what I know about Factions,  why in the world would I want to purchase Emblems or Class Items from the Speaker?

Because you're into the fiction of the game and want to represent the Traveler?

Fuck...Every time I mention or say the Traveler I feel like I'm talking about Gozer the Gozerian.

I toe the line between RPG Purist and Power Gamer.  I love world immersion and shit, but I am not so caught up in the story that I don't know the value of padding stats and micromanaging my equipment. 

I am guessing that there is some sort of in-game incentive to wearing the Speakers items and emblems.  I just haven't figured it out yet.

Mark IMed me through the Bungie board and told me he just made Level 20!

I will try to hook him up with my friendly yet power gamer extreme homie, Psycho Josh (Dargathan). 

Josh is usually on during the day and should be able to roll with Mark during this period of weird work hours until we are all on the same schedule again who knows when.