DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 4/3 - 4/9/2024 - Takeshita The Long Way Home

4 hours ago, peterien said:

I said it in a previous comment but I don’t know what the gain is here. One weeks rating pop? Yay but what happens after? 

If they get a one week ratings pop from people tuning in for the controversy, for discourse fuel, that's presumably a lot of fresh eyeballs on the show. If the show is good, might be a decent chance some of the people connected to those eyeballs decide to watch next week as well, or maybe buy the PPV.

Obviously if the show stinks, that would be bad. So hopefully AEW puts it's metaphorical best foot forward on Wednesday.

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I tried giving Raw another chance tonight, but I just can't get into it. Part of that might be due to Pat McAfee, who makes me wish I deaf. 

I watched a little bit of Mania over the weekend after pretty much a 7-8 year hiatus (I did try to watch the 2023 men's Rumble but tapped out after all the camera cuts) and yeah, same here.  Even without Vince and Dunn, it's still too gaudy, overproduced, and overpolished.  They took it from a 15 to a 9 and it needs to be like 6.

4 hours ago, FourPostMassacre said:

Mistakes were made. Hope the dude is in therapy.

He doesn't believe in it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Citation needed

Podcast I listened to where Marty DeRosa, who was a friend of Punk and Cabana (still the latter, no longer the former, naturally) described talking to Punk about how helpful therapy had been for him.  Punk told him he didn’t believe in it.

Of course, that was a few years ago and people can change.  But nothing about Punk says “introspective” to me.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope they show highlights of BCC / CMLL + Bryan / Panther on this show too. To show prospective new fans that AEW showcases all styles of wrestling, not just the North American generic WWE style. Maybe a 5 minute highlights package would be better than whatever this worked shoot shoot work stuff will be.

• Like 1