DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I wish people would give me as much credit for one thing I did well 16 years ago with lots of help and get endless chances because of it too.

With multimillion dollar contracts.

• Like 1

And then in between those contracts and jobs, pay me shitloads of money to be an announcer despite the fact that my voice sounds like a rhino being murdered with a galaxy-sized belt sander.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1

Xavier Tillman to the Cs for a couple of 2nds and a back-bench guy.  I'm here for it.  Hopefully his shot turns around, but then again, it'd be hard for it not to if he's playing with a better unit than the MASH squad Memphis had going.

The Minnesota Timberwolves are acquiring guard Monte Morris from the Detroit Pistons in exchange for guards Shake Milton and Troy Brown Jr. and a 2030 second-round draft pick, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Wednesday.

Miles Bridges has informed the Hornets that he will not approve any trades (which isn't really surprising)

That is per his agent

Jesus, I shouldn't surprised since the Hornets are babytown frolics at the best of times but how do you give Miles goddamn Bridges a no-trade clause?

Knicks are trading for Danuel House from Philly, and also:

Bogdanovic definitely sounds like a guy you'd pick up hard missions from in GTA IV, so he'll fit in well in New York.

Philly is going to use the cap room from the House trade to potentially sign someone like Kyle Lowry, if Charlotte buys him out.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jordan Poole with quite the effort last night for a team tanking

25 minutes

0 points (0-9 total, 0-4 from 3)

Fouled out

I've rarely been more wrong about what a player was going to do than Poole this year. I didn't think Washington would be any good, and I expected Poole's efficiency numbers to be mediocre at best, but I thought for sure he would at least be in the race for the scoring title. Like Stackhouse in Detroit after Hill left.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:51 PM, RIPPA said:

Shams says Doc Rivers is most likely replacing him

Circling back here...  In the 6 games since Giannis had Adrian Griffin fired, the Bucks are 1-5.  

In Griffin's last 6 games as Bucks' head coach, they went 5-1. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

*Bold_strategy_cotton.gif*

I think the last time the NBA actually granted a challenge was a game involving Shaq* and the Heat, so it's not likely to pay off. But the Knicks did get fucked over so I can't blame them for trying.

*And IIRC when they did end up replaying the final minute or whatever was left in said game, Miami had already traded O'Neal to Phoenix.

Meanwhile, the Celtics are already close to clinching a playoff spot of some kind.  The nice thing about a home-and-home against the Nets, besides skulling the Nets, is that their magic number for at least guaranteeing the play-in is already going to be down to 7 after tonight's prime curb dinner.

Isaiah Stewart punched Drew Eubanks in the face in an arena tunnel. No word on what started the altercation but police had to separate them and the Suns statement makes it sound like they want to see charges filed.