DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER '23

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Last I heard, he was downing tools in  Brazil until the deal got done. 

Yup, Miami even traded money for an extra international slot.   Guessing that goes to Iniesta now.  (Oh, who also signed.)

pretty sure League 2 does have a salary cap.

actually, they had one, but the teams decided they didn't need it, so they're hoist on their own petard (now teams can only spend 50% of their turnover on salaries, which isn't a problem for Wrexham)

And ESPN+ will be earning its keep.

Going to watch the Championship game that just finished, then the shield and a couple of Belgian games on Sunday, maybe then over to Paramount+ for Scottish games (and maybe a random Brazillian or Argentinian game).

Then, next week, the EPL and La Liga.

The week after that, the Bundesliga and Serie A

It's official, Eurofooty is back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

pretty sure League 2 does have a salary cap.

actually, they had one, but the teams decided they didn't need it, so they're hoist on their own petard (now teams can only spend 50% of their turnover on salaries, which isn't a problem for Wrexham)

FFP rules for League 1 and 2 are odd compared to Championship and Prem.

I know there are more financial restraints for them in L2 than in the National League, which is, to my understanding, like the wild west, in terms of spending. See Newport County and Salford a couple years ago. 

National League is no caps at all.  L2 is No more than 50% of turnover annually, and monthly wages can't be more than 55% of projected income. L1 is 60% annual and monthly.  Championship and Prem is no more than a 15M loss over a rolling 4 year period.

You learn the FFP caps playing FM a lot.

So, I cracked and bought the MLS package.  (Mainly for my dad, but me too.   Also, you don't know the joy of having to set up the Apple TV app for an 83 year old man.)

The boys in pink went down 3-1....   *TWO* Own Goals later, and a fucking spectacular shot by Messi.... 

Instant PK's in this tournament...  And...

Messi Wins LOL. 

the-rock-just-wants-to-know.gif

A team from the Faroe Islands has beaten a Turkish team and a Swedish team, and are now guaranteed at LEAST a Europa Conference League Group Stage berth (they're still in the running for the Champions League, if they lose their next qualifier to Norway's Molde, they drop to the Europa League Playoff round, and even a loss there will put them in the Europa Conference League Group Stage.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66405575

On 7/28/2023 at 3:59 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yup, Miami even traded money for an extra international slot.   Guessing that goes to Iniesta now.  (Oh, who also signed.)

Whoops, nevermind about that.  He's going to the UAE to join Emirates Club FC in Dubai.  

I mean, when you get the chance to play for a team that doesn't know what the "C" means in FC, you take it. 

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

West Ham United have agreed a £30m deal with Manchester United to sign defender Harry Maguire. Will Maguire want to go? Manchester United paid £80 million to Leicester City for Harry Maguire.

Made me laugh:

The Moyes redemption arc begins.

If Moyes gets this and McTominay over the line, he's going to be having a redemption arc rivalling Anakin Skywalker..

Edited by The Natural