DVDVR Message Board

2023 Puroresu General Discussion

RIPPA

On 10/9/2023 at 9:19 AM, lostinube said:

Abema: Hey, we just signed a deal with the WWE to broadcast their shows.

NJPW: Cool, here, have a four hour show main evented by SANADA vs EVIL.

The main event actually managed to get a million viewers which was better than I think anyone expected, as was the news that NJPW's revenue is now almost at pre-pandemic levels.

Will be going to Royal Quest III tomorrow. Bit of a downer in that the show was announced too late and held too soon after the AEW/RevPro shows to do a decent gate seemingly, and my read of the main event is that they're doing the match while they can before both guys leave the company / my wrestling viewing life but should be good graps. They've said they'll continue to do UK shows so upside is that hopefully next time it'll be a smaller venue and I can afford better seats.

Initially thought it would be my first time seeing Eddie but then remembered I already had at All In but it consisted of someone pointing to the other side of an arena asking me if I could see him with me repeating that I couldn't, before saying that I could just to get them to stop asking, then seeing a light next to him that identified the area I should be looking at which was my entertainment for the next minute or two. Quite a few Rev Pro guys on the card but I'm not complaining because apparently I'm useless at appreciating up and coming talent (thought nothing of Gabe on the card last year, now he's one of my favourites) and having experience of shelling out for trans-continental flights it seems a financial miracle that it's worthwhile to fly half the roster over for a show like this.

From Tokyo Sports

Kinya Okada (30) and Yasutaka Yano (23), former rookie members of Pro Wrestling Noah, were arrested on suspicion of forcible indecency. 

One groped a woman in her 20s from Sendai in the early hours of April 16th.

Their contracts were terminated months ago, on June 1st.

Real World Tag League Lineup

Saito Brothers (Jun Saito & Rei Saito)
Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi
Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai
Cyrus & Ryan Davidson
Shuii Ishikawa & Ren Avabe
Eruption (Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi)
BULK Orchestra (Hayato Tamura & Galeno del Mal)
Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio & Seigo Tachibana
Suwama & Hideki Suzuki
Mystery Team

• Like 1

Nakajima showed up at the All Japan Pro Wrestling office 56 mins ago..

Mr.Nakajima wants the Triple Crown and he decided that he will take over AJP.  He will appeal for the challenge for the Triple Crown on the AJP 11.5 Sapporo tournament or card.

His words translated by machine “I will overtake All Japan Pro-Wrestling, and I, Katsuhiko Nakajima, will change the entire landscape of the pro-wrestling world…!!”"

The videos are on the AJPW twitter.

AJPW "GIANT SERIES 2023 ~ HOKKAIDO EDITION", 05.11.2023 (Evening Show 
Hotel Emisia Sapporo 

- Takao Omori & Yoshitatsu vs. Hikaru Sato & Sidney Shota Stephens 
- Dosanko Special Tag Match: Black Menso~re & Tomoya vs. Noriyuki Yoshida & Hokkai Kumagoro 
- Jr. Premium Six Man Tag Match: Atsuki Aoyagi, El Lindaman  & Fuminori Abe vs. Dan Tamura, Rising HAYATO & Jonathan Gresham 
- Minoru Suzuki & Hokuto Omori vs. Suwama & Ryo Inoue 
- Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs. Shuji Ishikawa & Ren Ayabe  
- Kento Miyahara & T-Hawk vs. Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai 
- Triple Crown: Yuma Aoyagi (c) vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

Though I get the reasoning, it’s a shame to end Yuma’s reign with such an obvious kill shot. They’re not going to introduce Nakajima into AJPW with a loss, but it’s crap for him to walk into a TC match and unseat Yuma with no preamble. 

• Like 1

They're doing the Fighting Spirit Style vs Royal Road ideologies battle. 

I'm not sure if Nakajima wins. But if he does, I wonder if he signs with AJPW next year? Or does he stay freelance?

Sidney Shota Stephens was raised and trained in Japan. He appeared in AJPW back in 2020 under a different name. He mainly wrestles for Hokuto Pro Wrestling.