DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF GOIN' BOWLING! - 2022-23

Raziel

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

We Need To Talk About Harbaugh’s Playoff Preparation

Two years in a row now that his team has bellyflopped in the 1st half. I don’t know if this one is as OVER over as the Georgia game was, but it’s gonna be tough to come back from a start like this.

And it doesn't really make any sense. Last year, they were out-talented, first time they'd ever been there, big lights etc.

But this year: they clearly have the more talented roster with more NFL players and blue chip recruits, they're the ones that have been there before, etc. 

---------

Also these refs and the replay crew have been really bad. Not biased, just bad. Accidental flag throws, a miss spotted ball, a hilariously bad roughing call, the overturned touchdown that clearly should've stood... Just a bad performance.

Two main things I’m seeing Michigan struggle with:

On offense, OL is having a hard time picking up who TCU is sending from the 2nd level.

On defense, having a hard time matching up any time TCU uses motion.

If they can sort out that communication, they might have a chance.

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Two main things I’m seeing Michigan struggle with:

On offense, OL is having a hard time picking up who TCU is sending from the 2nd level.

On defense, having a hard time matching up any time TCU uses motion.

If they can sort out that communication, they might have a chance.

Has Michigan even seen those things this season, most of the Big 10 playbooks are from the 70’s. 

5 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Has Michigan even seen those things this season, most of the Big 10 playbooks are from the 70’s. 

A little bit of 3-5-5 from the Buckeyes, but not a lot.

------

You can see where they do miss Corum. He was better at getting through the line when the holes aren't there than Edwards or Mullings. He's smaller but runs stronger at the line, and is maybe a touch more elusive in crowded spaces.

Most of the time, I think a flea-flicker is a lot of wasted motion when a standard PA would work just as well.

This was the 1% of the time that it was totally appropriate, as evidenced by just how hard TCU triggered on the handoff (as they have all night). That will put some fear in TCU’s defense going forward.

JJ is really effective at taking shots when they’re there, but he’s still not adequate just dropping back and reading a defense, as evidenced by these picks.

And that’s all he’s gonna be asked to do the rest of the game.