DVDVR Message Board

AEW/ROH Finances, Ratings, etc.

Log

And I see we’re off to the races with his “I just choked him a little bit” remark. I think the funniest take I’ve seen is that he only choked a little bit in his UFC career or judging by his UFC performances choking someone a little bit was the best he could do.

EDIT: Wrong thread!

Edited by Craig H
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

And I see we’re off to the races with his “I just choked him a little bit” remark. I think the funniest take I’ve seen is that he only choked a little bit in his UFC career or judging by his UFC performances choking someone a little bit was the best he could do.

EDIT: Wrong thread!

I guess choking can fit in the ratings thread. 
YABADABADOO

WAKKA WAKKA

HERES YOUR SIGN

• 1 month later...

Bumping this old-ass thread because I just had a thought while posting in another thread about Ethan Page's release:

As of January 2022, ROH TV was getting ~400K viewers across all of the various Sinclair stations it aired on. I also pulled a report just now where WOW was just doing 240K-330K in November/December '23.

Am I insane, or do you guys think there might still be some value in old-school, straight-up broadcast syndication??

Even if it isn't first-run matches necessarily, these numbers kind of make me think that even running classic footage to drive eyes to the Turner shows (or, alternatively, classic ROH stuff to drive Honor Club subscriptions) might be a viable form of "advertising," in a sense.

I guess really it all comes down to exclusivity in the new deal with WBD or wherever they land next, but food for thought, anyway. Maybe I'm outta the loop, but I was a little shocked by the size of these audiences for what are essentially infomercials.

• Like 1

As long as those channels are still free over-the-air channels then yeah it would make a lot of sense to do it.  I know people talked about an AEW C/D show but ROH would be great in this slot.  I just don't think that's what they want to do since it feels clear to me they're using it for more content and also like a more important Dark.  But if they wanted to then yeah do it.

It's still crazy to me with all the changes in streaming and TV people still use antennas and over-the-air channels.  I should know because I got one recently and while it's a pain to find the right position there's some fun stuff to be had.  I could also go on about how easy it was to cut TV streaming altogether (was sweating for a day after dropping Youtube TV) but that's for another topic.