DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 29: Benavidez vs. Figueiredo II (7/18/2020) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UFC Fight Island)

Elsalvajeloco

I fully expect one last career hail mary at bantamweight. With that said, Figueredo is a good puncher but you shouldn't be getting shook up on every punch he lands on you. The way bantamweight looks nowadays, he would get dealt with pretty quickly.

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Even though he's not a guy from Team Alpha Male, Benavidez has that Team Alpha Male thing of being good enough to get into the bigtime fight, but looking like he doesn't belong once he gets there.

I had to google after reading this post and only just found out that Benavidez left Alpha Male. And Figueiredo was the Alpha Male rep in this fight? Huh. For someone who watches every UFC show, I really don't know what happens outside of the cage for the most part.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AxB said:

Even though he's not a guy from Team Alpha Male, Benavidez has that Team Alpha Male thing of being good enough to get into the bigtime fight, but looking like he doesn't belong once he gets there.

Benavidez is perennially the third best guy in his division. 

On 7/19/2020 at 5:17 AM, Jiji said:

Oh mai gah. Figueiredo looked phenomenal there. That was an absolute ass kicking of the highest order. Fun main card. 

That's a nasty submission from Joseph Benavidez's face, the contortion of his neck and body.

Joseph Benavidez has an unwanted record, 0-4 in UFC Championship fights. I think Urijah Faber and Kenny Florian are stuck on 4.

Edited by The Natural

In the 2020 General MMA thread a few days I ago I talked about Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Manyard 2 and how the first round was the closest thing to a 10-7 score for Gray Maynard knocking Frankie Edgar all over the fucking place with three knockdowns.. I hoped Joseph Benavidez would survive the first round mauling to see how the judges scored it.

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

I had no idea people liked Joe Benavidez so much. Why? 

EdQcuYTXoAgq-W_?format=jpg&name=small

I'm no fan of Joseph Benavidez either. It sucks and it's wrong that Megan Olivi's getting stick through his loss.

Edited by The Natural

I thought the kneebar could not be beaten for finish of the night, but the main event was an ass whopping of epic proportions. It was close.

The kneebar might be the sickest submission finish I’ve ever seen, the empty arena made it both better and worse.  I’d kinda loved to have a heard an arena of people “ooh” and “ahh” when they showed the replay.  

• Like 2