DVDVR Message Board

For the BLOOD SUCKING FREAKS~!

DEAN

Couple of things: 1.  Ted DiBiase was fucking phenomenal. 2. Magnum TA drew the ladies.  It's like 80 percent women in the audience. 3.  Man, Magnum had to have made the cover of the Wrestler with that fucking crimson mask. Fucking awesome.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, DEAN said:

That is a treat. They should probably show it in wrestling schools as a dead-perfect example of territorial wrestling in the '80s. Also, the way it's shot reminds me of that black and white Satanico vs. Sangre Chicana match that is so awesome. Where did this footage come from, anyway, and why isn't there more like it?

EDIT: Well I guess there is more like it on the guy's Youtube profile. He also has a metric ton of WCW B- and C-shows and Houston footage. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

This guys channel is fucking great.  It's Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer in a fucking dog collar match against Butch Reed.  Sawyer's blood just appears out of nowhere like he wrestled in Portland forever and can bleed by furrowing his eyebrows.  Duggan makes a run-in and doesn't bleed.  Disappointing, really.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, if you're in a match back then and you get hit in the head with a chain you should bleed, period. Hell it should be the same today. Buzz was giving me mad GG Allin vibes as the bloody bald guy. Who was the other guy that ran in, Dick Slater? 

Yeah, Dick Slater.

• Like 1

Segunda posted this and it is crazy. Apparently Principe Island might or might not be LA Park. I'm on the side that it is him because the early body type and overload of gimmicks make sense. Anyway, after he gets rid of the snake and the hat Sandokan just jumps him like a dad who found his daughter fucking around with some kid and the cops are trying to hold him back. The whole time there's a running argument with the referees/staff but Sandokan still plays to the crowd like a fired up babyface. Park retreats after a DQ but returns with a different mask that turns half red BEFORE Sandokan blasts him with a bottle. What a mugging. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Segunda posted this and it is crazy. Apparently Principe Island might or might not be LA Park. I'm on the side that it is him because the early body type and overload of gimmicks make sense. Anyway, after he gets rid of the snake and the hat Sandokan just jumps him like a dad who found his daughter fucking around with some kid and the cops are trying to hold him back. The whole time there's a running argument with the referees/staff but Sandokan still plays to the crowd like a fired up babyface. Park retreats after a DQ but returns with a different mask that turns half red BEFORE Sandokan blasts him with a bottle. What a mugging. 

Cagematch says it's LA PARK.

• Like 1

Maaaan, tjhe Children of the Brazos go full on LA PARK vs El Hijo de Santo 2002.  Fresero and Demonio Infernal spend the rest of the match trying to catch up.  SO MUCH BLOOD!  The match itself is fucking great.

• Like 2

Fresero was a champ in that: cuffing people in their jaw, yelling "HUEVOS!" when the shoulderblocks weren't hard enough, having a drink thrown in his face, blading on camera. Los Brazos getting dizzy from the blood loss was great too. I'm sure the Spanish Fly spot will be stolen by the Lucha Brothers as soon as Rey Fenix slaps whatever injury he has now over with duct tape and returns to the ring. 

I will not let anyone forget that Atomick Star was a bloodsucking freak in that mask/hair match with Latigo too

• Like 1