DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

My end of year MMA Awards. I've only done the ones I'm 100% on.

Fight of the Year: Weili Zhang vs Joanna Jędrzejczyk, UFC 248. In my top ten fights of all time, possibly top five. Honourable mention: Deiveson Alcântara © (124.5) vs. Brandon Moreno, UFC 256.

Knockout of the Year: Joaquin Buckley spinning back kick to Impa Kasanganay, UFC Fight Night: Morales vs. Sandhagen. Honourable mention to Cody Garbrandt's last second wind up right hook to Raphael Assuncao, UFC 250 and Kevin Holland knockout on Jacare Souza from the ground at UFC 256. 

Submission of the Year: Khabib Nurmagomedov Triangle Choke on Justin Gaethje from UFC 254. Honourable mention to Ariane Lipski defeats Luana Carolina by Kneebar, UFC Fight Night:  Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2.

Need to think on Fighter of the Year. There's Jan Błachowicz, Alcântara, Khabib, Kevin Holland and Khamzat Chimaev. Right now, Holland's 5-0. A very active fighter to go 5-0 is some going.

Edited by The Natural

17 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Khabib just won the prestigious BBC World Sports Personality of the Year award. Previous winners include Muhammad Ali, Pele, Roger Federer, Usain Bolt and Tiger Woods.

Yes:

Congratulations to Khabib. First time an MMA fighter has won this award and to join previous winners you've mentioned, wow.