DVDVR Message Board

2020 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

ESPN replayed UFC 256 last night and holy shit, that main. I've missed a lot of UFC this year -- A LOT. Either I forget that they end up getting replayed or I catch a belated Fight Night here and there, but most all the stuff you guys flip over has gone unseen. But Figueiredo/Moreno? I'm fucking happy as hell I caught that. Couldn't believe that and if anything is close to it this year then they need to make a special with all of them. 

When you get Joe and DC marking out in falsetto IN STEREO then you know you've got a helluva match. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

ESPN replayed UFC 256 last night and holy shit, that main. I've missed a lot of UFC this year -- A LOT. Either I forget that they end up getting replayed or I catch a belated Fight Night here and there, but most all the stuff you guys flip over has gone unseen. But Figueiredo/Moreno? I'm fucking happy as hell I caught that. Couldn't believe that and if anything is close to it this year then they need to make a special with all of them. 

When you get Joe and DC marking out in falsetto IN STEREO then you know you've got a helluva match. 

Second best MMA Fight of the Year, Figueiredo/Moreno at UFC 256 behind Zhang Weili against Joanna Jedzejczyk at UFC 248 in one of the best fights in MMA history. It's in my top five UFC fights of all time and top ten MMA fights overall. If you haven't seen it, you must do.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I found it. 

Holy shit. 

I don't mean to denigrate it by any means, and I'm not the best person at calling MMA, but it felt like the greatest kickboxing match I ever saw. Few to any takedowns, pure and constant standup, nothing but strikes (and brutal ones)... just an incredible match. Vicious and unrelenting. They managed to quiet the crowd in the third round. 

Holy shit. 

EDIT: You know what I heard in my head watching that? The music from Mission 4: Undersea Base level from this. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I found it. 

Holy shit. 

I don't mean to denigrate it by any means, and I'm not the best person at calling MMA, but it felt like the greatest kickboxing match I ever saw. Few to any takedowns, pure and constant standup, nothing but strikes (and brutal ones)... just an incredible match. Vicious and unrelenting. They managed to quiet the crowd in the third round. 

Holy shit. 

EDIT: You know what I heard in my head watching that? The music from Mission 4: Undersea Base level from this. 

Glad you found it, @Curt McGirt and enjoyed it as you have.