DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Captain Planet & The Planeteer - 5/7/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know what you are getting at the main point here is that the Sasha and Charlotte main event did very well ratings wise showing that there is little evidence to suggest she has ever been part of the problem. 

And Dolph Ziggler got a tremendous response at Survivor Series 2014, I don't get what either of these things has to do with how things are in 2019?

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, username said:

And Dolph Ziggler got a tremendous response at Survivor Series 2014, I don't get what either of these things has to do with how things are in 2019?

So you want to go back 5 years instead of 2 years?  Either way their lowest ratings have been since WrestleMania of this year.  Who is the "draw" ? Show me the "draw" on this roster.. I'm not even blaming them,  creative is as bad as ever. 

12 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

It’s not the women who are to blame. It’s Vince.

I'll never understand the people who want to throw Vince a life raft. Why?   At one time he was a great wrestling mind or at least he allowed the great wrestling minds like Patterson to put it all together. He's been horrible for over a decade. He needed to give up the creative aspect years ago.  Just run the business side,  allow someone else to take the reins creatively. 

So people will come in and say Corbin sucks and he's not a draw or now blame women or whatever it is.. Some of it may be true, maybe some of the performers are bad but they are never put in a position to succeed.  Never. 

On 5/8/2019 at 1:39 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Daniel Bryan ladies and gentlemen.  Leading the way for a tag team evolution. 

DBryan is so very under-rated as a promo. He gets fired up, calls out & puts over his opponents and creates anticipation. Also quite under-rated: Rowan's mustache. That beard tends to send it to the background but those are some mighty manly (but subtle) mustachios.

- RAF, detail man

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Y'know, I was never a big fan of Kevin Steen but switched camps quickly upon his NXT tenure, and he has improved even into his main roster run. Was it just constant learning and evolution, or was his style a poorer fit for the indies than the WWE rings? What other recent examples are there of someone who was popular, accomplished and/or "good" on the independent & non-US scenes but who really improved upon getting signed?

- RAF, always right but willing to change his viewpoint

14 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Y'know, I was never a big fan of Kevin Steen but switched camps quickly upon his NXT tenure, and he has improved even into his main roster run. Was it just constant learning and evolution, or was his style a poorer fit for the indies than the WWE rings? What other recent examples are there of someone who was popular, accomplished and/or "good" on the independent & non-US scenes but who really improved upon getting signed?

- RAF, always right but willing to change his viewpoint

PAC is a guy who really added some storytelling tools to his repertoire in NXT. And he build on that even further on 205. He left the company a more complete performer than he was when he entered. And that progress has really come across in the matches I've seen since he's been back in action. 

• Like 1