DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 28: Emmett vs. Stephens (2/24/2018) - Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_on_FOX_28_Emmett_vs._Stephens_Poster

UFC on Fox 28: Emmett vs. Stephens 
February 24, 2018
Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Josh Emmett (146) vs. Jeremy Stephens (146) - Stephens, KO (strikes), R2 (1:38)
Jessica Andrade (116) vs. Tecia Torres (116) - Andrade, DEC (unanimous)
Ovince St. Preux (206) vs. Ilir Latifi (206) - Latifi, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (3:48)
Mike Perry (170.5) vs. Max Griffin (170) - Griffin, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Preliminary Card:
Renan Barão (136) vs. Brian Kelleher (136) - Kelleher, DEC (unanimous)
Sara McMann (135.5) vs. Marion Reneau (136) - Reneau, SUB (triangle choke), R2 (3:40)
Angela Hill (116) vs. Maryna Moroz (114) - Hill, DEC (unanimous)
Ben Saunders (171) vs. Alan Jouban (171) - Jouban, KO (punch), R2 (2:38)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Sam Alvey (206) vs. Marcin Prachnio (205.5) - Alvey, KO (punch), R1 (4:23)
Rani Yahya (136) vs. Russell Doane (136) - Yahya, SUB (arm triangle choke), R3 (2:32)
Eric Shelton (126) vs. Alex Perez (126.5)* - Perez, DEC (unanimous)
Albert Morales (135) vs. Manny Bermudez (136) - Bermudez, SUB (guillotine choke), R2 (2:33)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Ilir Latifi
Performance of the Night: Jeremy Stephens 
Fight of the Night: Ben Saunders vs. Alan Jouban

Attendance: 10,124
Gate: $1.064 million
Rating: 2.03 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Jessica Andrade vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz - Bout Nixed
Jake Collier vs. Marcin Prachnio - Injury to Collier
Sara McMann vs. Yana Kunitskaya - Kunitskaya Moved to Another Card
Yoel Romero vs. David Branch - Romero Moved to Another Card
Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Aleksandar Rakić - Antigulov Withdrew from the Bout
Gilbert Burns vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier - Burns Medically Prohibited From Cutting Additional Weight

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

apropos of nothing, but i'd like to see a Rany Yahya-Yuri Alcantara matchup.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet even though a lot of Brazilian fighters don't like facing other Brazilians. I mean Iuri is almost forty, and Rani Yahya has been competing in prominent organizations for well over a decade. I guess it's just one of those fights that never materialized.

That's twice in a row Sara's been whoopin' ass and got caught in a sub.

Speakin' of subs, Rani Yahya's got more than a dang Wawa and doesn't get the respect he deserves IMO. Despite having a style that should have lead him to being a forgotten WEC flameout, he's put together a UFC record of 10-3-1 with 5 subs and two of those losses to title contenders. Always stoked to see him win.

15 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

That's twice in a row Sara's been whoopin' ass and got caught in a sub.

Still hasn't gotten use to the striking aspect, which Marion took advantage of. It doesn't help that she has that muscular build so she forces her punches a bit. All Marion had to do was place one punch right on the button. Perfect recipe for disaster against a wrestler who struggles to get takedowns as fights go along.

Speakin' of subs, Rani Yahya's got more than a dang Wawa and doesn't get the respect he deserves IMO. Despite having a style that should have lead him to being a forgotten WEC flameout, he's put together a UFC record of 10-3-1 with 5 subs and two of those losses to title contenders. Always stoked to see him win.

I had no idea Yahya was 10-3-1 in the UFC. As an aside, Josh Burkman is 6-13 with 1 NC in the UFC after losing last week. He has to be up there in terms of UFC losses.

So, I guess that's the derailed train lighting on fire, right? He looked completely lost against the rangier fighter and just has way too many holes defensively to be taken seriously.

Shit, I had it paused for a while. Latifi wins! I didn't think it would go down like that. But I'm glad it did.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I had no idea Yahya was 10-3-1 in the UFC. As an aside, Josh Burkman is 6-13 with 1 NC in the UFC after losing last week. He has to be up there in terms of UFC losses.

I'd like to know who has the biggest +/- in regards to UFC wins and losses. He's gotta be way up there at -7.