DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 28: Emmett vs. Stephens (2/24/2018) - Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Elsalvajeloco

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Ah, that Colby... What a classy chap he is. Just the sort of person that you would want as the face of the sport.

Andrade is fucking nuts. Like a sawed off terminator Wanderlei. I can't believe it took this long for her to start grappling and even then it was nothing. Torres is probably the only SW she can't completely overpower.

Edit: there it is... This is such a great round of two halves. First half is all Torres landing technical strikes from the outside and keeping the range to stay outside of Andrade's wild hooks. Andrade slowly gets closer and closer but eats a lot of shots to get inside and then she starts landing and now she's getting a hold of Tecia.

Edited by Oyaji

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Andrade is fucking nuts. Like a sawed off terminator Wanderlei. I can't believe it took this long for her to start grappling and even then it was nothing. Torres is probably the only SW she can't completely overpower.

You mean like back in the day when Wanderlei actually won fights?

Yeah, Brazil/early Pride era Wanderlei but with grappling. Andrade is such a fighter. I respect anybody who does MMA but some of the women clearly aren't comfortable getting hit and hesitate a lot in there and/or lack the physical tools to be great. There are some ranked fighters are guilty of one or even two of those things. These two great athletes threw it down with no hesitation and it was awesome. That's the kind of fighting I hope we see more of out of women's MMA and less of the shit like the last TUF finale.

28 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I'm still waiting for him to get smashed. It will be fantastic. Until then, I'll kind of smirk at his dumb shit.

Fucking soft twat went to OSU and he's trying to sound ghetto by throwing around terms like "ratchet"? Fucker needs the taste bitch-slapped out of his mouth. Oh, where's he from? Clovis? Clovis? HAHAHAHA! What a tool.

I'm thinking he dodges the Usman challenge hard because Kamaru would ragdoll him for 25 minutes.

Well, Stephens double clutched on that knee but it still looked like it made contact. Can they overrule that and make it a no contest?

So much for Renan Barao 2.0. It's so weird seeing Barao get beat up like this. A few years ago, I never would've imagined seeing him like this. He was one of the scariest and most unbeatable looking dudes at 135. The best bantamweights in the world were getting just son'ed by him.

I always enjoy watching a fight where Tecia Torres can't lay and pray her opponent.

Tough call on the main event.  That knee strike was illegal, but it was right in front of Mirgili-fuck and he didn't say anything.  As for the elbows, they looked more to the side of the head than the back.  As for shots to the back of the dead, we frequently see those shots and referees say nothing and will let them go or only give a mild warning.  It's rare for a schmuck like Steve Mazzagatti to stop a fight because of shots to the back of the head or DQ someone like Erick Silva against Carlo Prater, which shouldn't have been a DQ loss.

Barao should not be at bantamweight let alone losing to Brian Kelleher. Kelleher is a decent fighter, but not the type of fighter Renan Barao should be losing to.

He should just accept he's going to be a small featherweight. If you're only going to have six minutes of energy down at bantamweight, you might as well swallow your pride and stay at obviously a much safer weight.

• Like 1

Can we start a petition to change Dan Miragliotta's government name to "Mirgili-fuck"?

Looked like one of the elbows DC claimed hit the back of the head actually slipped by the back and landed on the jaw. The last one definitely was square in the back of the head. Not that he will, but if Josh Emmett really wanted to, could he appeal the commission? Is such a thing possible or is the referee's decision the final say in such matters?

Good show with the Andrade/Torres fight the best of the bunch imo.

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Can we start a petition to change Dan Miragliotta's government name to "Mirgili-fuck"?

Looked like one of the elbows DC claimed hit the back of the head actually slipped by the back and landed on the jaw. The last one definitely was square in the back of the head. Not that he will, but if Josh Emmett really wanted to, could he appeal the commission? Is such a thing possible or is the referee's decision the final say in such matters?

Good show with the Andrade/Torres fight the best of the bunch imo.

As far as I know, he should be able to appeal the result.

• Thanks 1

Emmett can appeal, but I don't think the result will be overturned.  I think only one elbow landed toward the back and that was because Emmett moved his head.  That knee he threw was an illegal knee toward the head of a grounded opponent, but the referee didn't call any sort of stoppage and it didn't look like it did any damage.

Yeah, those elbows were only to the back of the head because Emmett put his head in that position as the elbows were being thrown.  It is kind of like it isn't clipping if an offensive lineman hits a defensive lineman in the back at the line of scrimmage.  If you turn around as you're being blocked, that is not a penalty.  Emmett could appeal because of that knee which may or may not have landed, every camera angle made me think something different, but those elbow only hit the back of his head because of him putting the back of his head under an elbow that was already being thrown.