DVDVR Message Board

Start 'em or Sit 'em

BrianS81177

I've been offered CJ Spiller and Darren Sproles for Wes Welker. Leaning towards refusing. At WR I also have Megatron, Steve Smith, Justin Blackmon, Eddie Royal and Tavon Austin. At RB I currently have Alfred Morris, Ray Rice, Daniel Thomas and Rashard Mendenhall. Should I take it?

I don't think any of those guys are any better than who you have now. Smith's not much of a fantasy QB, Tannehill is stil pretty unproven IMO and Palmer is your best bet for yards and TDs but will also throw a good amount of INTs. If INTs aren't penalized too heavily in your league I would consider Palmer, otherwise MAYBE drop Dalton for Flacco.

Okay, so with Michael Vick out for at least the next couple weeks, I'm left with Andy Dalton at QB, which I'm pretty sure isn't going to cut it. Luckily, there are a number of solid choices available to me:

Nick Foles

Alex Smith

Terrelle Pryor

Matt Cassel/Josh Freeman (Whoever gets to start while Ponder is out)

Sam Bradford

So, who should I go with? Or do y'all think Dalton can get the job done in the next couple weeks?

Thanks!

I would pick up Pryor and stash him on your bench. He has a sorta iffy match-up against KC this week (although those rivalry games are always anybody's guess) and then a bye so you're probably better off with Dalton the next couple weeks but after that he faces three of the shittiest defenses in the NFL in consecutive games: Steelers, Eagles, and Giants. At worst you can always flip one of your QBs for help elsewhere when Vick returns.

Of course, I picked up Pryor intending to stash him but wound up starting him this week because my current QB is Matt Schaub. I clearly suck at fantasy football.

Of course, I picked up Pryor intending to stash him but wound up starting him this week because my current QB is Matt Schaub. I clearly suck at fantasy football.

You don't suck-- you'd suck if you started Schaub.

I just set a points record in my main money league and I'm going to lose!  It's insane.  I put up a whopping 204 points thanks to Peyton, Desean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, James Jones, Fred jackson etc etc.

The next highest person in our league scored around 160 this week, except for the guy I'm playing, who only needs 20 points out of Powell and Julio to win tonight.  What the fuck!  FUCK YOU TONY ROMO!

Okay, so with Michael Vick out for at least the next couple weeks, I'm left with Andy Dalton at QB, which I'm pretty sure isn't going to cut it. Luckily, there are a number of solid choices available to me:

Nick Foles

Alex Smith

Terrelle Pryor

Matt Cassel/Josh Freeman (Whoever gets to start while Ponder is out)

Sam Bradford

So, who should I go with? Or do y'all think Dalton can get the job done in the next couple weeks?

Thanks!

I agree with pip. Go with Pryor if you can get him. 

Who should I go with this week? I have 2 flex spots to fill. 1 RB/WR and 1 QB/RB/WR/TE

My choices:

Philip Rivers vs Colts

Alfred Morris vs Cowboys

Tavon Austin vs Texans

Justin Blackmon vs Broncos

Eddie Royal vs Colts

Steve Smith vs Vikings

Jermichael Finlay vs Ravens

Currently I have Rivers/Morris in those 2 slots. I don't really trust Smith given how shitty Cam Newton's been playing. I'm tempted to slot Blackmon into one of them but I just don't trust the Jags offense. I have Gates starting at TE so I'd like to keep Rivers in there too. I guess it boils down to Morris vs Blackmon.

Here's how my lineup looks so far:

QB Stafford vs Browns

RB Rice vs Packers

WR Megatron vs Browns

WR Welker vs Jags

TE Gates vs Colts

RB/WR Morris

QB/RB/WR/TE Rivers

also should I drop the Bucs D/ST for the Colts? I also have the Rams.

You will need to pay attention to the injury reports because Morris is dealing with his rib injury so there has still been no confirmation he is even playing Sunday

Who should I go with this week? I have 2 flex spots to fill. 1 RB/WR and 1 QB/RB/WR/TE

My choices:

Philip Rivers vs Colts

Alfred Morris vs Cowboys

Tavon Austin vs Texans

Justin Blackmon vs Broncos

Eddie Royal vs Colts

Steve Smith vs Vikings

Jermichael Finlay vs Ravens

I'd go Blackmon here. You're going to have at least 3.5 quarters of garbage time points against a shaky Denver D. This may be one of the better matchups of the year for him.

Alright, advice time gents. Thanks in advance.

Team 1: Hakeem Nicks (@CHI) or Denarius Moore (@KC) I don't really like either matchup.

Team 2: The HORROR that is my qb situation. Schaub ACK (STL) or Flacco OOOOH (GB) or Geno Mrr? (PIT)

Leaning towards Flacco just because the Packers always give up a lot of yards, but giving the kid a shot is tempting.

Team 3: Reuben Randle (@CHI) or Austin Pettis (@HOU) Stupid Julio Jones and his stupid foot.

1) Nicks. Eli will throw 3 picks in the game but should still be able to toss for 300+ yards. I think this week is going to be a "back down to earth" whupping for the Raiders.

2) Given that Flacco seems to have remembered who Ray Rice is, I would suggest him. Schaub shouldn't start anywhere and the Geno matchup is a tempting one but I think the Ravens are coming back to life.

3) Pettis. Neither one is really appealing though. Anyone on waivers you can get?

They were the waiver gets, its the flex spot I'm trying to fill, I have other guys in the two WR slots. Other options would be Corderelle Patterson, Chris Givens, Eddie Royal and Emmanuel Sanders, none of whom seem like any better choices.

Alright, advice time gents. Thanks in advance.

Team 1: Hakeem Nicks (@CHI) or Denarius Moore (@KC) I don't really like either matchup.

Team 2: The HORROR that is my qb situation. Schaub ACK (STL) or Flacco OOOOH (GB) or Geno Mrr? (PIT)

Leaning towards Flacco just because the Packers always give up a lot of yards, but giving the kid a shot is tempting.

Team 3: Reuben Randle (@CHI) or Austin Pettis (@HOU) Stupid Julio Jones and his stupid foot.

Nicks best of two bad options is Terrance Williams on the waiver wire?, Flacco my Packers will give up lots of yards, and Probably Pettis.

For Team 3, with who you gave as current options, I'd choose Pettis.  He's been the preferred choice of Bradford as of late.  But Brian's suggestion of Keenan Allen is a good one.  If Vincent Brown is available, he might be worth a look as well.

Terry