DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

I'm the type that right now, I am doing all the math in my head and I think I should be ok for the playoffs anyway. Seven teams will still be in the hunt going into the final week, so one team is SOL. Phil and Jae both will have one less win than me, so even if I lose and they both win next week and we all end up in a tie (well I am playing Phil), I should have enough points on at least one of them to win the tiebreaker.

One year there was like one possible scenario I wouldn't make the playoffs, and somehow that exact scenario happened. Seems like I'm always in the massive tie of doom and have to sweat it out.

I'm likely FUCKED unless I decide to move on from Dak and I suppose Dez as well.

Although if I do that, I'm sure Dak will put up a shitload of points on my bench.

I'm in total freefall in both of my other leagues. One league I've held onto a first round bye for most of the season and I'm about to lose that. Decided to listen to everyone else saying START MARIOTA, SIT GOFF instead of going with my gut and thinking that Mariota is wildly disappointing. So by listening to everyone else, I left Goff's 20 points on my bench and got a bit fat 7 out of Mariota. Left Robby Anderson on my bench as well and rolled with Kupp as well. This wouldn't have been as depressing of a move if Kupp scored a TD, but AJ Green got me a whole 11 points so whoop de fucking doo. And finally I started the Pittsburgh D instead of the Carolina D. Who knows though, maybe Woodhead and Hopkins score 80 points combined for me tonight...

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm likely FUCKED unless I decide to move on from Dak and I suppose Dez as well.

Although if I do that, I'm sure Dak will put up a shitload of points on my bench.

I'm in total freefall in both of my other leagues. One league I've held onto a first round bye for most of the season and I'm about to lose that. Decided to listen to everyone else saying START MARIOTA, SIT GOFF instead of going with my gut and thinking that Mariota is wildly disappointing. So by listening to everyone else, I left Goff's 20 points on my bench and got a bit fat 7 out of Mariota. Left Robby Anderson on my bench as well and rolled with Kupp as well. This wouldn't have been as depressing of a move if Kupp scored a TD, but AJ Green got me a whole 11 points so whoop de fucking doo. And finally I started the Pittsburgh D instead of the Carolina D. Who knows though, maybe Woodhead and Hopkins score 80 points combined for me tonight...

In the DVDVR league, you're like me (assuming you don't win tonight although its 50/50) in that all you need is Phil or Jae to lose and you can do whatever you want. They will go into next week as 6th and 7th if my math is right and a win below everyone else. Their point totals are also really really close so it should be fun as always.

25 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

In the DVDVR league, you're like me (assuming you don't win tonight although its 50/50) in that all you need is Phil or Jae to lose and you can do whatever you want. They will go into next week as 6th and 7th if my math is right and a win below everyone else. Their point totals are also really really close so it should be fun as always.

That's some nice wishful thinking. I only need Mosley to get me...about 9 points. As for Phil and Jae, it's really not looking good for Jae, but stranger things have happened. Jae at least has Hopkins to go against Maclin and Tucker. 

54 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That's some nice wishful thinking. I only need Mosley to get me...about 9 points. As for Phil and Jae, it's really not looking good for Jae, but stranger things have happened. Jae at least has Hopkins to go against Maclin and Tucker. 

Well I am assuming Jae loses this week, otherwise Phil will be by himself in 7th. Probably pouting.

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

LOOOOOOOL

I swear, my margin for victory in the DVDVR league is so fucking small.

55 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Oh my shit this week is going to be stressful.

I need to win and Kevin to win. Kevin. Don't fuck this up.

I'm going to start all my Giants players so that Phil is conflicted all game.

And technically you can still get in if you both lose or both win, if your point total is higher since y'all are about even on the tie-breaker right now.

On 11/28/2017 at 12:25 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm going to start all my Giants players so that Phil is conflicted all game.

It's cute you think I give a damn about that fucking team beyond keeping myself from tweeting things about McAdoo that Bix will find in 5 years and try to have me fired from my job for

• Like 1

ReI managed to win in my money league again, to clinch a playoff birth. If you had told me I'd make the playoffs with David Johnson going down for the year week 1, I'd drop Kelvin Benjamin, Josh McCown would be my most likely starter going into the playoffs, and my MVP this year would be my Kicker, I would have been confused.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It's cute you think I give a damn about that fucking team beyond keeping myself from tweeting things about McAdoo that Bix will find in 5 years and try to have me fired from my job for

In my defense, I posted that before Eli got benched.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Uhhh, that's weirdly specific. This didn't happen, did it?

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Uhhh, that's weirdly specific. This didn't happen, did it?

No - it was a throw away joke about folks who spend 90% of their time searching people's old tweets so they can ruin their lives

I have no proof that Bix actually does that

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, ok. I was about to say, holy shit, that's awful. I couldn't imagine Bix doing that so I figured it didn't happen, but worried it did.

Slightly off topic but he kinda did do that, although he wasn't the only one. One of the reasons Havok allegedly didn't get a NXT contract.