DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football 2K17

Kevin Wilson

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Trade question...

WR is my strength and I have Hopkins. I picked up Watson and already have Foreman on my bench. I also have AJ Green that I feel like I could trade away and be ok with. RB is a bit of a weakness though. So here's what I'm thinking...

Do I offer Green for Lamar Miller and Will Fuller? I can't offer the trade this week because I'm playing the Miller and Fuller owner, but this is basically the "play all Patriots" plan. I really like what I'm seeing out of the Texans offense. Hopkins leads the lead in targets. What's even better is that Watson has a healthy Fuller now and Fuller looked good this past week. Not only that, but Miller looked good as well. So my RBs would wind up being Miller, Hyde, Ameer, Martin, Foreman, and Derrick Henry.  My WR corps would be Hopkins, Fuller, Rishard Matthews, Corey Davis, and Kupp. And my QBs are Mariota and Watson. So I either roll with the Texans offense or the Titans offense.

So is Green way too much for Miller and Fuller and I'm ok as is, or does this help me lock up my season?

I wouldn't go all in on ANY team, but that's just me. CIncy's offense isn't very good, so I can see trading Green. . . 

True...Hmmm...

Oh, and while I know I said to start Doug Martin earlier, I have my own conundrum with starting him. I have Bell, Hyde, Martin, Ameer, and Cohen. I'm obviously starting Bell. Do I start Hyde or Martin in my RB2 spot? I'm figuring I'll go with Dez in my Flex (going with Green and Jordy as my WR).

Went ahead and started Martin in all 3 leagues. I was pleased with the result. Even still, with how much Martin looks like he was gashing the line, they should have given him the ball even more.

OR MAYBE THROW THE FUCKING BALL TO MIKE EVANS.

So, I go to our league's page to see how things are going, not remembering when the game start. I see that Gronk is out, and I almost have a heart attack. Then I notice that I've still got like 10 minutes before the game starts. So, I scramble to find a good replacement, and settled on Cameron Brate. Between him and Martin, I scored 30 points. Might keep him as a flex option/Gronk insurance.

I like how Phil made a point in the NFL thread of saying the Giants had a different running back going and looked good (I think that is what he said) but didn't bother pick him up in Fantasy. That's faith in your team right there ;)

So now I have to decide between L Murray, Gallman, or Alex Collins for my flex. All three of which I picked up on Sunday. Murray is still bitching about his injury so I may roll with Gallman and see what happens.

Haha, welcome to a couple weeks ago :)

This is quite the Peyton Manning-ish fall for him in terms of productivity and value. I seem to recall previous years where he had his struggles early on and then would have that 4 TD game. Then from that point on he was startable. Now though, yeesh, he looks pretty bad. It's not even Big Ben that looks bad. What the fuck is going on with the game script? Jax boasts the best pass defense in the league and the worst run defense, so clearly just keep chucking it Brown? 

That's what I did. I drafted Mariota and took Big Ben later in one of my drafts. And then after Big Ben looked completely shot, I dropped him and picked up Watson.

Started Watson this week who looks like he's going to lead me to victory. Hell, at this point, I may always start Watson over Mariota.

Carson Wentz is pissing off thousands of fantasy football owners and causing another thousand more to rejoice 

By the way at this rate the Skins might have to use running backs for their offensive line.  This game has been a mini body bag game for both teams.  And the Skins had tons of injuries

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

Carson Wentz is pissing off thousands of fantasy football owners and causing another thousand more to rejoice 

By the way at this rate the Skins might have to use running backs for their offensive line.  This game has been a mini body bag game for both teams.  And the Skins had tons of injuries

He kept me competitive in my friend's league. I was up against the best man in my wedding who had Cousins, Jeffrey, Ertz, and Blount all playing and I was able to keep it competitive for awhile. Ended up losing by 7 sadly. It's odd on that team that I had both of my Qbs put up 30+ this week.

I really don't know what to do in one of my leagues. Engram and Zuerlein are both on bye and I don't have a backup TE or K. Picking up a backup TE and K means dropping two of Alex Collins, Derrick Henry, Corey Davis, Marlon Mack, Cooper Kupp, and Rishard Matthews. I love having the depth that Collins, Henry, and Mack give me. Matthews and Kupp are my backup WR who have done well when I've had to flex them. Davis and Henry are two lottery tickets, but both look like they'll payoff in the playoffs.

What I'm thinking of doing is just trading Henry to the Demarco Murray owner for Jimmy Graham or Tyler Kroft. That would give me a TE to play and I would just take the hit on not having a kicker. Honestly, I won a week getting 0 points from Engram and next to nothing from whoever Zuerlein replaced 5 weeks ago.

Is this totally crazy to just take the 0 in kicker points so I don't have to give anyone else up? It's a kicker, but it's Zuerlein and he's put up this many points this season: 17, 9, 12, 27, 4, 11, and 17. Having Zuerlein is like having another RB or WR. If it were any other kicker, I'd just drop them.

In one of my leagues, I had a 64 point lead and my opponent had Wentz and Jeffrey to go. Each of those guys would have to have insane nights for me to lose.

Thankfully Alshon wasn't involved at all because my game was way closer than it should have been because of Wentz's 4 TDs.

Okay, I need to choose one of these guys for my flex spot:

Will Fuller (@SEA), Doug Martin (vs. CAR), Joe Mixon (vs. IND), Cameron Brate (vs. CAR)

I also have Stefon Diggs, but I'm not sure he'll play. If he does, does he make the cut instead?

Also, do I start Pittsburgh's DEF or Houston's?

Thanks

I would go with Mixon or Brate. Carolina is nearly or is the worst in the league at stopping TEs, but it's still a good defense so you never know. Plus, OJ Howard could take away catches as well. Will Fuller looks TD dependent at this point, but man is he grabbing a TD or multiples every game. Mixon plays the Colts shitty, shitty, shitty defense and will be more involved than anyone else. I lean towards Mixon over Brate, but it's either of those guys.

I would just avoid Diggs at this point.

I have Houston's D and I'm playing them, but Pittsburgh's D is available on the WW and I'm tempted to make the switch. I'm not sure. Pittsburgh is playing in Detroit so maybe avoid them?