DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - once you unlock them, they are always available from the vendor

I made that mistake with Drang the first time because I saw it for sale, I thought that meant I actually had lost my original so I bought it again

Then I had two shitty ones

Yeah, the one you get after you're done with the Nessus prologue mission is a Masterwork Weapon.  Tyra sells a normal version of Drang for those people that shredded the gun for for the Core, yet still wanted to complete the quest. 

Once you're done and receive Sturm, I don't think you get the chance to do the quest over again if you shred or infuse either or both of the weapons.  On my first Hunter, I infused Sturm into Better Devils and shredded Drang for the MW core I needed to turn my Uriel's Gift into a MW Weapon, and I don't recall Tyra giving me the option to buy Drang again.

I got my eighth pair of Aeon Shifts from Cayde-6 yesterday after completing the Io Flashpoint.  I hate him so much.

I fucking hate Tess's uncle, Fairchurch.  He refuses to put Monochromatic or Xenosilver shaders back on sale.  I miss the old website's functionality.  I should be able to see what vendors are selling via the D2 companion app so that I don't have to put myself through the agony of logging on and personally visiting the vendor..

Shredding my old MIDA Multi-Tool and doing the quests over again upgraded it from 323 to 330 to put it a bit closer to my current LL, so I guess it was worth it. 

Now I have to get my hands on a 330+ SMG, a purple Fire Damage mod, and 10 MW Cores so that I can upgrade MiDA MIni-Tool and it can sit in my vault for the rest of my D2 career.  Uriel's Gift is my go-to Energy Weapon.

Faction Rallies are back next week and they basically are ensuring New Monarchy wins again since it's Sniper Rifle vs. Sniper Rifle vs. Grenade Launcher (guess which one is New Monarchy)

This will be the last Faction Rally of Season 2. Basically the way the post reads is they are going under a complete overhaul for Season 3

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Faction Rallies are back next week and they basically are ensuring New Monarchy wins again since it's Sniper Rifle vs. Sniper Rifle vs. Grenade Launcher (guess which one is New Monarchy)

This will be the last Faction Rally of Season 2. Basically the way the post reads is they are going under a complete overhaul for Season 3

Yeah, the overhaul of the database needs to happen yesterday.

And yeah, people looking for infusion fodder for The Colony are going to be wearing Red next week.

I will support Dead Orbit so that I can score on some Black / White shaders to make me look a bit more uniform until Tess sells Xenosilver or Monochromatic again.

My Titan will be New Monarchy just so I can get the grenade launcher for cheap

My Warlock will be Dead Orbit so I can get their gear (she was FWC the last time)

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My Titan will be New Monarchy just so I can get the grenade launcher for cheap

No one keeps grenade launchers not named Play of the Game, The Colony, The Day's Fury, or Berenger's Memory.

Deep in their hearts, some players want to believe that Flash & Thunder and Fighting Lion > Play of the Game but they are wrong.

Play of the Game, IMO, is the best overall GL.  it is well rounded for PvE and PvP and it won't cost you an exotic slot.  The Colony comes in second because it costs you an exotic slot.

Berenger's Memory's sticky bombs are best suited for PvP, especially if you're playing Control and manage to catch players flat footed trying to capture.

The Day's Fury is best suited for PvE.  The reload when holstered feature and the shitloads of Direct Hit Damage it does helps out immensely when you're getting swarmed or are trying to take down a yellow bar who has the same elemental shielding as the one comparable to your grenade launcher..

All of this conventional wisdom will go away after Season 3 launches.

03152018_Development_Roadmap.jpg?cv=3983

Updated Road Map

Also - IB (which will be the new 6x6 version) will happen at least twice before Season 3 (April 10 and May 1)

It really really seems like at a minimum Season 3 will start in May which would make one believe that the next DLC will be May too

EDIT - Or it will say right in the roadmap that Season 3 starts in May. God I need my glasses checked

• One of the Crucible gameplay tunings is that Nightstalker invis is going to be receiving a little nerf.  Not enough to matter, but enough for people to moan about it anyway.
  • And let;'s be honest, it needed to be fixed.  Dodge SHOULD be able to temporarily break Aim Assist;  Invis should NOT.
  • Arcstriders are going to be getting a much needed mobility boost, so Titans and Warlocks should be complaining about that class next in the coming months.
  • I also see that Exotic Item Repetition turned out to be something that needed to be fixed.
  • COMPANION VENDOR VIEWING FUCK YEAH~!
  • Why does the prospect of Exotic Masterworks frighten me?  Power Creep was the first sign of the downhill slide to ruin in D1 and it coincided with (surprise) NEW DLC~!
  • At least the game lore I'm hearing about Eater of Worlds is really good.  Now I have go to Ishtar Collective and re-read the Book of Sorrows again.

So, I did not get the chest armor or sword upgrade I wanted from yesterday's power engram grab.  Very annoyed.

I got mostly shit from the Bright Engrams I got yesterday, but I made due with the Vex Mecurial Chrome shaders.  They will keep me looking roughly uniform until more Xenosilver or Monochromatic shaders drop or get sold.

Yeah - I realized that I am so not contributing to the Faction Wars this week

I went on yesterday morning to pledge, did the Flashpoints for both my characters and then kicked the can down the road.

Totally forgot that I am going to my Mom's in NY Sat morning so I won't play again till the reset (well that and I am really into Rise of the Tomb Raider now)

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I realized that I am so not contributing to the Faction Wars this week

I went on yesterday morning to pledge, did the Flashpoints for both my characters and then kicked the can down the road.

Totally forgot that I am going to my Mom's in NY Sat morning so I won't play again till the reset (well that and I am really into Rise of the Tomb Raider now)

I'm going on graveyard shift starting this Saturday night / Sunday morning, so my play hours will be weird from this weekend to the morning of April 7th. 

I think I will take off Easter Monday and maybe the day after unless I hear something from this job I am still in the running for.

I got an alert while I was online this morning confirming server maintenance on Tuesday along with the 1.1.4 Patch going live.

Xur hates me.  I got fucking Stompees out of my Fated Engram today.  I'll have to wait a week to try for a legit shot at a Foetracer again.  I only seem to get Aeon Shifts, Prospectors, or Gemini Jester pants from the Exotic Engrams that drop for me from 3oCs.

I haven't noticed any significant movement speed increases as a Hunter in general although I think the speed boost mostly benefits Arcstriders specifically however on the Sandbox front, most guns seem to be a little more effective in PvE than they used to be, especially Sidearms and Pulse Rifles.

I'm guessing they're trying to make the dumb Mechaneer's Tricksleeves useful for PvE at least. 

I saw one Gunslinger today using Sidearms in his Kinetic and Energy slots, a Sniper Rifle (A Single Clap) as his Power Weapon, and wearing the MT's, so some people are trying to test whether or not the new update really does what it says it does. 

His stats at the end of the strike weren't anything special but if his goal was to be extremely dangerous at point blank, short, and long range and crap at medium range, he achieved it with stellar results.

I call bullshit on the database fix because since the patch has gone live,  I've gotten Gemini Jesters for two EEs straight while running 3oCs and pounding Heroic Strikes for mats to fuel my new Saint-14 prophecy.

That's three pair of GJs since last Friday.  At least snaps my streak of seven Aeon Shifts in a row, and I am not counting the pair of Stompeez I got from the Fated Engram I bought last week towards the count since that is guaranteed not to be a duplicate.

I rolled as an Arcstrider today and did the Nightfall (The Pyramidion) with a couple of friends.  I totally wrecked groups of adds when using my super and we finished in under twenty minutes.

Yeah, Arcstriders are fucking fast.

The 1.1.4 patched Warlock glide also keeps you in the air for an absurd amount of time.  One random guy I ran the Inverted Spire with yesterday morning cleared nearly all of the platforms created by the conflux at the start of the strike in one jump.

Oh and I spammed about fifty Weaponsmith parts when I was online yesterday and Banshee-44 gave me two Crown Splitters amongst other items that I shredded for shards. 

I kept one of the Crown Splitters for the Titan I will eventually build.

This further reinforced my feeling that rerolling my Hunter to get Quickfang was the right call.  It's been about a month since I finished the Red War storyline with this Hunter and the only class sword I have seen from Banshee-44 is the fucking Titan blade.

Well, I got a Colony from this week's bullshit Fated Engram.  It will sit in the vault and await my pending Warlock who has a Nightshade and some SMG Energy Weapon (not the MIDA Mini-Tool) coming to him.

I figure I will get a Telesto next week and finally a Foetracer the following week since those are the only two non quest related Exotics I have left in my collection and RNG will put me off for as long as it can.

RIP, Saint-14.  I am still sad about the conclusion of that mission

I think I have two more prophecies to go before I get my Sugira's Shell.  They need to tweak the droprate for Radiolarian Cultures.  I spent five hours on Mercury doing PEs and tracking down chests while working on Challenges. 

The only saving grace is that I got two upgrades for my Mercury emblem and opened three of the five regional chests.  I still need to get to the two that are on the Vex islands that are only accessible when a PE is going on. 

I have to figure out how the whole Heroic Event dealie works, because I got to the ledge where one of the chests was supposed to be, but it was nowhere to be found.  It doesn't look like a bug, though.  I think there is some sort of trigger to get the chest to spawn on one of the islands when you make the PE a Heroic Event.

I've been doing another Bloddborne playthrough with a friend of mine since it's free on PS+ this month so I've not tried out the latest patch yet, i didn't even realise last week was Faction Rally week. I'll have to get some Nightfalls in for the new strike specific loot though. I'm interested in the new 6v6 Iron Banner when it's in rotation too. I see they mentioned that that was the last Faction Rally of season 2, does anyone know if they've commented on how many Iron Banners are left too? I'm guessing it will be new loot for when season 3 hits.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

There was a scheduled posted somewhere (both by Bungie and in this thread) - there is definitely one more IB left but I feel it was two

Here we go - it was me who posted it too... so old and forgetful. 

Two more IBs

IB (which will be the new 6x6 version) will happen at least twice before Season 3 (April 10 and May 1)