DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

In this week's Bungie update - they actually posted the percentages from the Faction Rallies which is the first time I remember them doing them

03292018_faction_rally.jpg?cv=3983621215

I think this last one wasn't the best one to compare it too since NM had the best weapon choice by far but yeah

I have really cut down - granted there is really no reason to play this week.

But I am also super close to finishing the Rise of the Tomb Raider story and then I will probably be back

Yeah i'm pretty much in the same boat. I played 2 weeks worth of the new, timeless, Nightfall a couple of patches ago and that's pretty much it. Might try and get in on those last 2 Iron Banners just to finish off a set of gear for the Hunter but once i hit max light on all 3 characters i kind of lost interest. Even though I've not done the raid this time around that carrot on the end of a stick just doesn't seem to be there for Destiny 2. I cant find a reason to keep logging in each week like a could for the original Destiny. 

I'll be back for the second expansion in May since i already brought it but the game will need a massive overhaul for whatever the Year 5 content is and not just these small improvements they keep dropping.

I'm not giving a shit about 6v6 right now.  I finally got my Foetracer helmet for my Hunter today so I could pretty much quit tomorrow and be good.   Too bad that there are no all black shaders because then I could really look like a Sith Lord.

Something told me to use a few Legendary Shards to buy the Celestial Nighthawk that Xur was selling BEFORE buying the Fated Engram to tick the CN off of my Exotics I Own list and increase my chances of getting the item I actually wanted from the Fated Engram.  Glad I listened to my gut.

Now that I have a Foetracer, I am certain that the damage buff in PvP will get nerfed by the next patch, and it would figure since I was playing Clash shortly after I bought the Foetracer and I put up twenty murders and our team stole the match by a score of 50-49. 

The Foetracer's item perk DEFINITELY makes a difference when you are trying to finish off badly wounded players before they can attempt to flee. Headshots from Scout Rifles with high AA suddenly become extremely lethal to enemy team members on the brink.

I'm not going to bounce from D2 before taking a crack at the raid at least once, but I think I will take a break from the game and play something else for a while until Season 3 hits.  Either that or finally get this Warlock or this Titan off of the ground.

Okay, Tess sold the Xenosilver shader this week and I only needed one to finish off my thematics. 

I have yet to see a shader that works well with the Foetracer helmet or the Bassanio so I will leave them unadorned for the time being..

NOW, I can consider my Hunter squared away and start tinkering with another toon.

Speaking of the Bassanio, I hate most of the jumpships in this game.  None of them are as awesome as the Aurora Lance or the Fangs of Nyx. 

I think the Bassanio is the only one I even remotely like with the caveat that I have not seen Tess sell the Ikora's Resolve jumpship yet aka the D2 Exotic reskin of the D1 default space hooptie.

Fucking computers.

I knew this shit would happen eventually.  I have never trusted Rasputin and the Mars warmind, Charlemagne, is probably batshit crazy too.

And yeah, Season 3 has always been on the Dev Roadmap.  They're just now getting around to giving it an official title, I guess. 

Doesn't look like they gave it much thought.  "Warmind" is about as blah of a title as you can get.

I really need to catch up through all of this content and work through a couple of characters.

If the fervor around this game was similar to Destiny 1, I'd probably consider getting a Xbox One copy when whatever this game's Taken King Equivalent comes out in September.

23 hours ago, Chaos said:

I really need to catch up through all of this content....

On that note, I completed my last prophecy fetchit for Brother Vance and finally got my Sugira's Shell last night.  Null Calamity 9 has taken the place of Uriel's Gift as my new favorite PvP Energy Weapon. 

Nature of the Beast and Sunshot are in a tie for my favorite PvE Energy Weapons.

Now I am intrigued by all of this background lore that is supposed to be attached to Cayde-7's treasure maps, so I am going to start working on those.  I located the chests on Nessus in order of the story text on the maps and when I opened the last chest, I got a Spinfoil Hat and a Letter Fragment that I turned in to Cayde-7.  I only had the option to discard the Letter Fragment:  I wasn't able to see what was written on it.

I guess there is more to come after Reset and the mythology payoff won't come for a month or so.

This morning before work I had back-to-back my worst Crucible match to date and probably my best one to date. 

I really sucked in the Clash match (.53 Efficiency.. :angry:) and then I remembered the Rippa / JT superstitious ritual of changing your emblem after a bad PvP match in order to remove the crappy aim curse and lo and behold, the shit still works..

I scored 24 murders with a 3.0 Efficiency Rating and had a 80% Retrieval Rate in Supremacy:  a game mode I normally hate with a passion because I usually get stuck with the Clash tactics squad that does not team shoot or cover players going in to recover crests.

Win or Lose, I think I have one more match to participate in before I complete this week's Call To Arms challenge. 

I'll probably get that done on Sunday as it's yard work during the day tomorrow and then me, my boo, and my kid are going to kick it around Light City tomorrow night in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Wait? Have you not been doing the treasure maps at all?

Nope.  I got fixated on finishing off those dumb prophecies for Brother Vance to get my Exotic Ghost Shell and then discovered that the accumulation of Radiolarian Cultures is the Destiny equivalent of repeatedly punching yourself in the face for several hours.

There is about a one in eight chance of getting a RC when opening a chest and a one in two chance of getting an RC after a Public Event.  I'd rather eat glass.

At least you are guaranteed to get at least one Paradox Amplifier after every Heroic Strike and sometimes you might even score on an Advanced PA which will cut down on the number of Heroic Strikes you will have to pound out.

Thank God you don't have to go to Vance to refine the Fossilized Hermaion Blossoms..

I was also spamming Memories for Ikora until I learned that wasn't the way to get the Ikora's Resolve jumpship.

HA!

You missed out on so much free shit.

Because those treasure maps just respawn (as you cycle around the planets) and they really don't have THAT much lore to them. It is pretty much that random shit (like the tin foil hat) that has lore and you are just getting a little extra glimmer from Cayde. So like I have gotten the same item on the EDZ at least a half a dozen times.

And besides the glimmer, you were pretty much assured one exotic a week from opening the chest in addition to legendary engrams

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

You missed out on so much free shit.

Because those treasure maps just respawn (as you cycle around the planets) and they really don't have THAT much lore to them. It is pretty much that random shit (like the tin foil hat) that has lore and you are just getting a little extra glimmer from Cayde. So like I have gotten the same item on the EDZ at least a half a dozen times.

And besides the glimmer, you were pretty much assured one exotic a week from opening the chest in addition to legendary engrams

I've never been at a loss for LE's or EE's or Glimmer and now that I have a Foetracer, I am all good when it comes to Exotic armor for my go to class.  I'm tracking down chests strictly for the Letter Fragments.

I'm at the point where I have Legendary Shards that I will probably never spend on my Hunter, so it's coming time to start working on another toon.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you are doing them solely for the letter fragments - you are wasting your time

Eh, hunting for the Secret Stash treasure chests is forcing me to visit parts of the map that I rarely explore and I can knock out Challenges while I am tracking these dumb things down..  I killed 75 Vex in record time last night.

I've also upgraded my Nessus discovery emblem twice after finding a couple of Investigation Items and running across Vex caches.  I also blundered across three Regional Chests on Nessus. 

My discoveries made my OCD happy and that's what really matters.

I started my Titan playthrough yesterday because I have pretty much hit the wall with my Hunter and I know the Titan playthrough will be the most painful since I hate Boost / Catapult almost as much as I hate the Warlock's Glide.

I had zero deaths in the actual fighting parts of the first Titan story mission and I died like four times just trying to stick landings when boosting from platform to platform and missing by inches and falling to my doom.

I chose the Actium War Rig as my reward for finishing the story missions on Titan and accessed my collection to buy the Level 16 Sweet Business for my dude. 

He won't be able to use it for another eight levels or so.  We will see if this armor / weapon synergy is all that they say it is.  I'll finish the three adventures on Tiran before I move on to Nessus so that I can inch a bit closer to Level 16. 

I want to be mini-gun enabled by the time I fight Ghaul

So far, my Exo Titan toon just a Sentinel.  I've done two PEs with him and no dice on getting another sub-class to unlock, which I assume will be the Striker.

If I suck as badly in PvP as I usually do with Titans, his career will probably end as soon as I complete all of the major milestones and unlock all three of his sub-classes and then I will start tinkering with a Warlock..

Those Crucible challenges yesterday blew goats. 

I think the only one I completed was Defeat 5 Players in One Life.  In the Control match I was in yesterday, I murdered the entire team in one Arcstride and then Nameless Midnight baby sniped some poor bastard I caught flat footed.

I got three Void killing blows with Quickfang, but then everyone on my team started hogging Power Ammo when they realized we were up against a squad with two really horrible players on it.

Then shit got stupid when everyone on my team all tried to get easy kills by griefing the two rubes on the other side. 

Poor scrappyxx789 and Lerla07. :(

At least we won the match.  I tapped out after one match and didn't bother with trying to get the PvP reputation bundle as not to go insane and break something out of pure rage.

If I'd played another match, gotten my ass kicked by a team of stacked ringers, and made no progress in the challenges, I would've cried angry tears of blood.

The IB Tournament is in full swing and I must say that happy to see 6v6 come back.  IMO, It really is the way the IB matches should run.

I am sure that people will start bitching about the new 4v4 scoring system being in place with the higher player count, so it is easy to get mercied if your team sucks and choses to play Clash rather than Control.  I came out of the gates hot in my first match and then my squads got mercied five straight..  

I was furious..  It felt like old times and not in a good way.  The battle cry of CAN WE PLEASE CAPTURE THIS FUCKING ZONE~!  has returned to my lexicon of misery.

How we managed to lose a match on Javelin with A as our starting point is just baffling.  All you have to do is capture your starting flag at A, push to capture B, and then just defend those two zones since they are in very close proximity. 

This is what happens when assholes don't understand the match format and fucking push when they should be defending flags or get ground down while defending one flag when they should be pushing in unison to capture an additional zone..

I ended the night with a much needed IB win and also completed Shaxx's Call to Arms for the week.  My Crucible Lifetime Efficiency Rating pretty much stayed the same (1.37) so I was okay with how things went even though I despise losing so many times in a row..

I somehow managed to complete all of the challenges for my daily IB milestone and am sitting on a pile of 39 tokens that I am going to save for that kick ass slug thrower that Saladin is pimping and maybe even grab the hand cannon. 

The Hunter's IB armor can kiss my ass.  I'm happy with my current look and my Exotic helmet.

I finally got my Titan up to Level 16 this morning and the Sweet Business / Actium War Rig thing seems to work, but not as well as I hoped it would.  Anyway, I am a Striker reborn and only have one more Titan Subclass to collect before I can semi-retire this guy.  I'll get him above 300 LL at the bare minimum with a full set of Legendary / Exotic gear first.

Shaxx told me last night when went to claim my CTA engram that if he'd have had a Hunter like me in the Red Jacks, Earth would have won at Twilight Gap.

The room suddenly got dusty.

Saladin was also unusually complimentary when I picked up my IB rep bundle.