DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

This will be my first time IBing with my Warlock

I am hoping to catch up some by having a bunch of tokens saved over from my Titan

Also ran into my first blatant cheater last night in a LONG time.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also ran into my first blatant cheater last night in a LONG time.

What clan was he from?  I played against a clan about a week ago called Silly Grunt Tactics (SGT) whose skills were a little too good to be true.

Then again, my friend from Toronto and fellow old fart, CrazyBear, and I put up close to fifty murders between the two of us in a Supremacy match yesterday.  I'm sure we probably got reported.

I don't remember what clan but shocker he had 420 in his name.

He was blipping all over the screen and wouldn't have a health bar over his head when shooting.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't remember what clan but shocker he had 420 in his name.

He was blipping all over the screen and wouldn't have a health bar over his head when shooting.

Yeah, that is some bullshit and now you know why I hate players with weed references or "juggalo" in their gamer tag.

I do not have a Hunter

So I probably shouldn't tell JT that I just got my 2nd Quickfang

Nor should I mention that this one dropped as a Masterwork

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I do not have a Hunter

So I probably shouldn't tell JT that I just got my 2nd Quickfang

Nor should I mention that this one dropped as a Masterwork

I have so much hate for you right now.  Especially since I am at work configuring this damned blade server and you are "working from home."

Actually, for the past few days I have been in the process of gradually spinning up another Hunter to replace my original one since Banshee-44 absolutely refuses to re-gift me Quickfang. 

I figured that by the time that fucking Exo finally got around to giving me my sword back, I'd already have a cloned toon up to snuff.  It looks like my assumption was correct as I hit 20 with him this morning and am almost ready to knock out the last bit of the Red War storyline.

Once he's done with the Red War, I'll start migrating gear from old me to new me.  I've got a bunch of blues stored in in my vault so that I can swap everything out and use the uber gear from old me as infusion fodder to jack up new me's light level

I got the fucking Warlock sword, Eternity's Edge, on Sunday afternoon from Banshee-44 while running around with my old Hunter scraping XP together for a Bright Engram..  I was mad for hours.  Then I realized I could just keep the sword for the Warlock I will eventually work on.

• Like 1

Yeah - I knocked out the Flashpoint and the Clan Engram this morning on my Warlock and continue to get dicked over by Cayde and Hawthorne.

Maybe the IB will be good to me later today

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I knocked out the Flashpoint and the Clan Engram this morning on my Warlock and continue to get dicked over by Cayde and Hawthorne.

Neither one of them gave me a class item upgrade.  My shotgun got bumped up by five Light Levels.  Yay... 

With my current LL, any cloak I get from an engram this week will boost my class item LL by two.  Big f'in whoop.

Cayde-7 got creative this week.  I got a set of equally useless Mechaniceer's Tricksleeves this week instead of Aeon Swift gauntlets.  The Tricksleeves would be worth something if the kinetic sidearm in the game wasn't a piece of garbage.

No one is going to run around using Drang or Last Call as their fake primary weapon in PvE or PvP.

I have gotten 4 straight Aeon Swift's from him on my Warlock

My Titan is getting nothing but Stand Asides

They really need to tweak something

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah.  I really hate the scored version of the Nightfall.

Curious, what don't you like about the scored version? Aside from the lack of modifiers, for me it's better in every way to the timed version.

Knocked out a spot of Iron Banner last night. I'm playing on my Warlock but i'm cashing in and collecting the gear on my Hunter this time. I've got the cape, boots and chest so far along with the new grenade launcher.

22 hours ago, Basara said:

Curious, what don't you like about the scored version? .

There is still no timer but taking too much time seems to lead to point deductions, so it may as well have a clock involved.

Anyway, my new Hunter is 90% GTG.  Cannibalizing my old gear got me up to 325 LL.  I'm running as a dedicated Nightstalker (Orpheus Rig is Love.) until I can collect enough armor pieces and mods to flesh out two sets of armor optimized respectively for a Gunslinger and an Arcstrider.

I'm armed with my MW Nameless Midnight and MW Uriel's Gift and of course I now have Quickfang.  I need to grind so that I can get that Legendary Kinetic Damage Buff Mod that Banshee-44 is selling for my MIDA.

Quickfang is everything I hoped it would be right down to the genji sword stance.  It also needs a Legendary Elemental Damage Buff Mod (preferably Void), but I want to get it MW first.

My MW Better Devils and Sunshot and Lucky Pants are waiting patiently in the vault for me to get my Gunslinger shit together.

I got Flashpoints enabled this morning for my new Hunter, so that's what I'll be doing this afternoon.  Hopefully I will get a new Sparrow with my first Bright Engram.  I love Holiday to death, but this damn Green she gave me only has a 140 speed rating.

I also need for Tess to drop some Monochromatic shaders for me so that I can loose this EDZ brown camo thing I've got going on right now.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

There is still no timer but taking too much time seems to lead to point deductions, so it may as well have a clock involved.

The scoring is like the old Challenge of Elders, without Variks awesome voice. But as far as I can tell you don't loose out on any gear for not getting a high score. The score is just tied to emblems and the aura. The problem with the timed Nightfall was if you took too long it kicked you back to orbit and you got nothing. Now you can take as long as you like and still get you're rewards. The scoring is just an added challenge.

My only problem with the new format is they got rid of modifiers. Modifiers were what made it a Nightfall. Now it's just a harder strike with better rewards.

1 hour ago, Basara said:

.The scoring is just an added challenge..

Well, if they are going to have penalties, then I'd prefer it if none of them were tied to the clock.  It's bad enough as it is trying to stay alive without the added pressure of rushing through the strike. 

Penalize me for deaths and compound the minus the more times I die.  Now there is a challenge I will probably fail, but at least it is tied to something I can control by doing my best not to get ghosted.

1 hour ago, Basara said:

My only problem with the new format is they got rid of modifiers. Modifiers were what made it a Nightfall. Now it's just a harder strike with better rewards.

I can relate to that.  Some modifiers are good and some are really horrible, but that's the luck of the draw and I always enjoyed figuring out a way to secure victory despite the restraints.

I suppose that's why I find the Heroic Mercury missions to be slightly more satisfying than the Nightfalls.

I am digging my transformation into Destiny 2 Ninja Warrior.  Quickfang is the fucking tits.

Tess is now my adversary.  I've gotten two ships straight from Illuminated Engrams when what I really need a purple Sparrow.

Silver Lining is that I have close to 500 units of Bright Dust now so I can probably buy a purple Sparrow if she sells one next reset,

At least she gave me three Xenosilver shaders.  If I get three Monocromatic shaders, I can finally get rid of this Cajun Swamp Hunter color scheme I've adopted just to look somewhat uniform.

I'm nearly done with Sturm Redux.  The Flashpoint being on Nessus worked against me for a bit because everyone is hopping into PEs and competing with me to kill yellow bar Fallen enemies.  

I schlepped around the area near Failsafe until I killed enough High Profile Fallen Targets and Servitors during the Ether Resupply PE to satisfy the mission requirements.  Now all that's left is to go on this strike and kill this named servitor again.

Oh, and yeah. Basara, I retract my previous feelings about the Nightfall..

I rolled with my friend Jacob and his kid brother last night and we beat it.

I'm good with the scoring system of the new format.  I'm still not thrilled that it encourage speedy play since it gets to a stage where points are deducted from your score, but at least you get to keep on going until you finish or tap out. 

I am very pleased with my new Pyramidion emblem and I also earned my final Took Offense ornament!

I ran one heroic strike last night because I needed one more Fossilized things to finish the Cube I was doing for Brother Vance.

It took fucking FOREVER since the two guys I got paired with - bless their hearts - where not very good.

I think I finished with 30 something revives

I also finally finished the IB matches for Season 2. A little disappointed that all it was was  an emblem and some shaders

I could help you out more if you didn't go anon when I am online. :P

Forgot to mention that I got up to 330 LL last night after infusing my rewards from the Nightfall into my favorite gear. 

I don't feel like such a lowbie anymore.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I could help you out more if you didn't go anon when I am online. :P

When I turned my machine on I got like 4 straight messages of you being online so I was like "Well JT's internet is FUBARed"

I then got into the Bataan Death March of a Heroic Strike. When I was done, you were doing a strike so I knocked out two IB matches and went to bed.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When I turned my machine on I got like 4 straight messages of you being online so I was like "Well JT's internet is FUBARed"

I'm just teasing, man. 

And yeah, I wouldn't have been able to help even if I wanted to.  Comcast had a major network outage upstream and my dad wasn't exactly cooperative last night when I tried to give him a bath. 

He kept trying to open the door of the stand-up tub my mom recently had installed.... while it was still full of water...

Levy body Dementia can eat a bag of dicks.

By the time the internets got to a steady state and got my father settled in for the evening, I was on my way to the Nightfall and you were already in the IB.

Finally finished the main DLC quest with my Warlock which allowed me to grab max level boots.

So all I need is a 335 Warlock Bond and I will finally be max light on my Warlock too.

I am thinking I can finally go off to other games while hoping on once or twice a week to do the weeklies. (Especially on non-event weeks)

I'll miss Reset this afternoon because I'm headed back to my crib to prep for this phone interview tomorrow. 

Most likely I'll be on the majority of tomorrow morning until my phone meeting with CYBERCOM is done and then I'll shoot more things in the head until my boo gets home from work.

My new Hunter is up to 332 LL now.  I finished the Osiris DLC story missions yesterday, so now I have to knock out the prologue quests on Titan and Io, the Sturm strike on Nessus, and get Vance's Mercury mission shit done to get all caught up.

I finally got a purple Sparrow to drop for the last night, so all I need are a few Monochromatic or Xenosilver shaders to take care of some cosmetic stuff and then I can move on to another toon.  I can always  work on Vance's prophecies later on.

Oh, and once you have MIDA, apparently it's yours to keep forever. 

if you shred it, Banshee-44 just gives you the Telemetry Data / Shred Scout Rifles quest all over again.  

I shredded MIDA and MIDA Mini before doing ENHANCE~! again thinking I would just get the MIDA Mini quest from Devrim again, but Banshee-44 gave me the MIDA quest instead.  MIDA Mini was still available in Devrim's vendor queue from my previous Hunter run, so I bought MIDA Mini back from him and infused it up to 330 with a SMG I got as my reward for beating the final mission for the Osiris DLC.

I'm not sure if the Sturm quest works the same way.  Tyra will sell me another Drang for as long as the Sturm quest stays open, but I am not sure what happens if you shred Drang after you finally acquire Sturm.

Yes - once you unlock them, they are always available from the vendor

I made that mistake with Drang the first time because I saw it for sale, I thought that meant I actually had lost my original so I bought it again

Then I had two shitty ones