DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Assuming my internet holds out (it was out most of the morning) I might watch the reveal live.

I know better than to try to play right at reset

I will miss the Season of Arrivals reveal tinkering away at this blade server rack.  I'll probably check out Aztec's channel for his personal review when I get home, if I don't immediately start playing Dragon's Dogma after I eat dinner.

They have started with an 8 minute and 46 second "moment of silence" for George Floyd

I am sure the streaming community is handling that well

Not surprising at all but also not a good sign when they immediately start talking about the Fall new year first with no mention of the season that starts in now 45 minutes

They just announced shit through 2022

Basically the name of the new year for 2020 (Beyond Light), 2021 (Witch Queen) and 2022 (Lightfall??? I think that was the name)

Each "year" will introduce a new location (ie: Europa for Beyond Light)

They did immediately confirm that you will be able to move everyone to the next gen consoles for free and that there will be inter-generational multiplayer (ie all XBOX can keep playing together, all PS can keep playing together). They hope that next year there will be crossplay amongst everyone

So starting in Year 4 - they are going to move some old D2 content into the "vault".

However - they are going to start bringing stuff from the original Destiny into the game for select periods of time

EX: For Season 12 and 13 - the Cosmodrome and its three strikes will be available to play in D2

Oh... and Vault of Glass

Finally  30 minutes in - the new season is called Season of Arrivals

They had a brief one minute video to announce it

New Dungeon starts at 5 PM PDT (8 PM EST) today and the only thing they said about is "it involves the Nine"

They had a trailer for that and then the stream ended.

So yeah...

The story implications were interesting. Kind of surprised they mentioned the big fall DLCs for 2021 & 2022. Darkness powers coming sound neat I guess. Honestly, the stuff announced kind of confirms what many suspected which is that they are more or less taking the content that would have been D3 and figuring out how to place it in D2 along with figuring out how to deal with the size issue. I like how they are dealing with the size issue.

Again - my question is always going to be around pricing.

Because if they start going "$60 for a year", I am definitely gonna be out.

Oh BTW - You can now fire the Whisper mission up directly off the menu (which makes sense since this Season has a focus on Io and the Oasis)

So not having to wait around for the Public Event will help.

Oh and Eris and Zavala are definitely gonna bang

Titan, Io, Mercury, & Mars are the planets going into the vault I assume come Beyond Light.

Only just finished downloading the update so I probably won't start the new season for another half hour or so.

The Bungie's servers are a little wonky.

I kept getting the "attempting to contact" message but I never got booted.

But because of that I only did the mission you are forced to do when you first boot in and a little bit of busy work in the Tower.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Titan, Io, Mercury, & Mars are the planets going into the vault I assume come Beyond Light.

Only just finished downloading the update so I probably won't start the new season for another half hour or so.

I don't think Io and Mars will right away just because of the connections to the story. Unless they are going to pretend the events of this season didn't happen as soon as the new year starts. Of course - the tease today as soon as you load in might say that Mars might be permanently in the vault

I could see the EDZ being scaled WAY down because of the Cosmodrome being introduced first... and the majority of the activities there being of the lowest levels.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Bungie's servers are a little wonky.

I kept getting the "attempting to contact" message but I never got booted.

So this explains that

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

See - if the entire season was story missions like that opening one. No one would complain

Agreed. At the very least that should be how seasons begin and end. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think Io and Mars will right away just because of the connections to the story. Unless they are going to pretend the events of this season didn't happen as soon as the new year starts. Of course - the tease today as soon as you load in might say that Mars might be permanently in the vault

I could see the EDZ being scaled WAY down because of the Cosmodrome being introduced first... and the majority of the activities there being of the lowest levels.

Maybe they won't all be gone that soon, but apparently there is map running around with the worlds still involved and those were the four missing. I think EDZ will always be safe to some degree because its where the last of humanity is stationed.

Nope you are right - I am watching Aztec's recap right now and apparently Luke Smith did an interview post live stream and specifically said the locations you said and Leviathan

• Like 1

Welp - I went and looked. Same pricing scheme as usual

Just Beyond Light (aka Standard) - $39.99

Beyond Light and the 1st Season - $49.99

Beyond Light and the Full Season Pass - $69.99

We won't even mention the Collector's Edition.

So you save $10 if you buy the Annual Pass

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They really need to offer better deals than that. The last fall expansion was really not enough to justify that price, and after the crap they did this year in general they should have lowered prices somewhat just to get back in fans' good graces.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I only just noticed that Io now has a giant fucking pyramid ship sitting in front of it now on the galaxy map

That was the firts thing I noticed when I had access to the map again.

Looks like all the new weapons are only available via Contact, the season pass, and the new dungeon.

Got the Trinity Ghoul catalyst via a strike so that is available now.

I apparently missed that Felwinter's Lie was only available for last season so I am SOL for getting that weapon now. I'm honestly more annoyed for missing the story content. Considering the requirements maybe they should have considered not making the 1000 kills part a part of the quest because that shit was pretty damn off putting with Destiny at it's lowest interest wise.

Hmmm that’s weird - I didn’t see Felwinter’s on the list of stuff you could no longer get

I know 4th Horseman was

EDIT - nope Felwinters was there too

Makes sense since the last part was in a Bunker which is now gone

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I will save $70 for something else like The Avengers by keeping my money in my pocket.

It will be my luck that this game will finally be fun to play and stable now that I have no intention of returning.

Edited by J.T.