DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

Adding in the message about vaulting was a nice gesture I guess. Honestly when it comes to finding news about games I really don't expect it to come within the game itself so I have always found those complaints a bit odd. Just seems like common sense to hit up the official website for news and updates.

I see the Contact event has moves place ons Io. I wonder if they do it in the third section next week or if they finally move it to another planet. I'm assuming the planets going away will all be hit as the season goes on.

Edited by Eivion

It moves all over the place because I just did it in two different spots (at least within Io)

First was where the Tower event was.

Then it moved immediately over to in front of the Pyramidium

I am pretty sure they have stated that Contact will only be on Io but I could be wrong about that.

I fell in with a great group that got back to back Heroic clears so that makes blowing through this quest way easier

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It moves all over the place because I just did it in two different spots (at least within Io)

First was where the Tower event was.

Then it moved immediately over to in front of the Pyramidium

I was talking the specific larger areas/sections of the map (last week was Lost Oasis, this week the Rupture). 

I am pretty sure they have stated that Contact will only be on Io but I could be wrong about that.

The quest step for Contact mentioned Titan last week and this week. Seems like Titan will open up as one of the places for it eventually with that in mind.

I fell in with a great group that got back to back Heroic clears so that makes blowing through this quest way easier

Its nice when you get a group of competent players. That happened to me last week with us getting around 4 clears in row, heroic and normal, before I stopped. Only did it twice today. First time ended just before we could get the final batch in for the boss. Second time was good with us beating it on Heroic.

Edited by Eivion

Figured out the Umbral Engram thing. I hadn’t initiated the quest on Io that eventually leads you to The Drifter to learn about decoding them. 

Had to complete a “Contact” public event. They all suggested 900 power level. I’m not even at 800 since I’m starting over. Luckily, I was able to pop off a shot that did nothing to join the event, then reaped the rewards of other people finishing it. Felt like a jerk, but what’re you gonna do?

Started the Curse of Osiris story stuff. Figure I’ll run through all of that content in order before anything else. Two missions in and man, I’m remembering how great this game feels.

Just running around doing patrols and public events has been exactly the distraction I needed. This is the most I’ve played anything other than my daily Slay the Spire run in six months...

It would be really nice if in one of these hotfixes - they would fix the issue of not recording matches played in Crucible towards your weekly

It took me 4 attempts for it to finally register my 4th match yesterday

Yesterday's patch apparently fixed some issue with the Tommy's Matchbook quest which in turn also gave me the quest again which feels odd seeing that I already completed it and have the weapon masterworked. Even in my lore tab it says completed.

Also finally have the Dredgen title either due to a change made in one of the recent upates/hotfixes or me finishing one of the requirements last week. I'm legit not sure as I don't pay as much attention to the triumph tab as I used to. I  hit it up once or twice a week. I know I got a triumph done last week for Gambit, but I honestly didn't pay enough attention to what it was. Its just nice to finally have done a seal/title.

• Like 1

I keep things half for the collectors mentality so I haven't quite purged my vault yet. That said, I did finally do away with all of the shaders last night. That was......long.

Edited by Eivion

I definitely had been approaching it that way until they made it that you could pull things out of the vault. (At least the non-Random roll stuff)

Now I just don't care and unless they say there is going to be a vault space increase (which they haven't yet) - I need to make room for the new stuff that will be "useful"

Now - I am not getting rid of things like my Recluse or Luna's How. But there is a lot of trash that is going (especially if it had anything to do with Mercury)

I mean I always do IB anyway - but playing it is somewhat tied to a quest step so everyone is playing it

So it was the usual 5 and 6 man squads which I knew what I was getting in for there.

However - them turning off skill based matchmaking meant I went up against the same 5 stack THREE straight times.

And of course - every single time my team was at least one player short.

I went did the Ordeal and came back just to get away from that group.

I have no idea why they would turn of SBMM for the first IB of the season.  I have always hated D2 matchmaking.  I refuse to believe that they can't tweak the algorithm so that it is better able to pair up stacks vs stacks. 

Are they at least enforcing the light bump for artifacts this time. or are you struggling with your own base light level?

Disabling the artifacts for IB was the other thing that annoyed me about that game.

Edited by J.T.

Artifact power is disabled

HOWEVER - according to the forum - and of course for Bungie

There is a bug that folks can exploit so that the Artifact will count.

EDIT - It appears to also be related to that bug where you don't get progress for matches completed, etc. and apparently dmg said (either on Twitter or Reddit) that the earliest they can fix it is the Fall