DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I am running my Arc Class that generates solar orbs and Recluse is my Barrier buster - so I am covered for all three.

Doesn't really help me in a Nightmare Hunt situation since I don't want to swap out my Dreambane or Supreme Nightmare mods for the seasonal Solar mods that jive with Seraph weapons.

Edited by J.T.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Doesn't really help me in a Nightmare Hunt situation since I don't want to swap out my Dreambane or Supreme Nightmare mods for the seasonal Solar mods that jive with Seraph weapons.

Well that is a different story - but I will cross that bridge when/if I ever start to actually do a Nightmare Hunts again

I mindfarted that I unlocked the Lumina catalyst weeks ago and have yet to start grinding it.  I need to remember to make one out of Collections when I get online this afternoon.

How good of Xur to be selling the Huckleberry this week so that I can use it for the SMG part of the Point of the Stag quest!. 

I can get it from him for purple shards and it will be 1K LL instead of me making a 990 LL version from my Collections and finding something to infuse it to 1K LL.

Edited by J.T.

per TWIB - they are still planning on dropping a Hotfix on Tuesday with the following changes

Here’s a quick preview of other fixes coming in this update:
  • Fixed an issue where upgrades on the Season Pass where only unlocked for one character and will now properly unlock for the entire account.
  • Fixed an issue where the first weekly clear of a Legendary Lost Sector would not award a powerful drop.
  • Fixed an issue with Raiju’s Harness that allowed players to hold Whirlwind Guard indefinitely.
  • Fixed an issue where Titan Season Pass arms ornament would block first person view.
  • Season Pass SMG and Shotgun will now create Warmind cells with Season Pass ornaments equipped.
  • Fixed an issue where Sentinel Titans were able to extend Sentinel Shield/Banner Shield by suppressing themselves.
  • Fixed an issue where players were not getting the correct amount of planetary materials from bunker upgrades.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:
  • Season Pass SMG and Shotgun will now create Warmind cells with Season Pass ornaments equipped. 
  • Fixed an issue where players were not getting the correct amount of planetary materials from bunker upgrades. 
  • Fixed an issue where Sentinel Titans were able to extend Sentinel Shield/Banner Shield by suppressing themselves.
  • I'm sure they meant season mods equipped, right?
  • Thanks for fixing this shit.   Right now I get a whopping one planetary material item when I check my resource gatherer's chest.
  •  I've encountered this in Gambit Prime where Sentinels will use the glitch to protect their team during the Primeval boss melt.  It needs to be fixed.
Edited by J.T.

I legit haven't bothered to find the chest in either bunker with my materials.

This is mostly due to me being lazy and really not needing the materials

Yeah, Titans got the worst of it this season when it comes to exotics.

They have an exotic that allows allied players to shoot through their Towering Barriers, but reduces the Barrier's health.

This is after the general nerf to Titan Barrier health.

On the plus side, at least the Titan exotic isn't horribly broken.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

per TWIB - they are still planning on dropping a Hotfix on Tuesday with the following changes

This it? I was hoping this update would also be when they included seasonal mod slots in world drops.

18 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This it? I was hoping this update would also be when they included seasonal mod slots in world drops.

No - that one is next month (in a different part of TWIB, they specifically talk about that)

• Like 1

I got that catalyst a while back.  It's a monster in the current meta, but SUROS and its healing properties works better for me in PvP and PvE.

I finished IB bounties on Saturday.  I like the bow so I will keep it for now.  Vorpal Weapon is always useful in Primeval fights and other Boss related junk.

Also knocked out the Lumina catalyst.  It's one of the more annoying catalysts to grind because you level it up by healing allies with the Noble Rounds and it doesn't help when you are grinding strikes and your dimwitted colleagues are constantly jumping around and causing your Noble Rounds to miss.

Once it's done, the catalyst generates two Remnants on a kill, meaning that you'll generate the max number of Noble Rounds you can carry in three kills rather than five.

As I predicted, the 1K LL Huckleberry I bought from Xur got me through the SMG part of the IB Bow bounty in less than two matches.  I had like 11 SMG kills in one match and was less than halfway through the second match when the Wizened Rebuke dropped. I had to find a good place to hide so that I could swap weapons and drive on with fusion rifle murders.

I got Energy and Power Weapons from the bounties.   The IB armor this season is the chubby set with the football helmet, so It got infused to bring up my Notorious Reaper gear.

Speaking of Gambit Prime armor, I mostly played as a Reaper this weekend since everyone and their brother wanted to invade and finish up the Gambit cosmetic quest.  Naturally, everyone "helped" me get kills so no Massacre medals.  I will probably have to LFG for a GP team and coordinate with them so that I start earning Massacre medals and can finally finish the Triumphant Reaper dealie and move on.

I have like four more shotty / fusion rifle kills to get for the Invader thing, but I'll keep my Invader set in the hope of getting a Four The Hard Way medal some century.  It probably won't happen with it getting easier and easier to one shot Invaders with tracking rocket launchers and sniper rifles unless Invader overshields get a small buff at some point.

Edited by J.T.

That reminds me that I had one of my favorite Gambit Prime matches yesterday.

I got dropped in mid-match. Right as I joined, the other team was summoning their Primeval while the squad I was only at like 40 motes deposited.

I immediately grabbed purple and jumped into the portal just for pure stall tactics. Dropped 2 guys with a rocket launcher. Killed the 3rd guy as he was reviving a teammate and then proceeded to punch the new newly revived guy to death. So I got my Army of One right as Drifter pulled me back all while screaming at myself that I forgot to emote.

Get back to the other side and see that was all my squad needed as they summoned the Primeval and went to work. Hopped back in the portal again to get another kill and we melted that stupid fucking Ogre in 2 1/2 cycles.

I legit think I had the same number of combatant kills as I did opponents.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That reminds me that I had one of my favorite Gambit Prime matches yesterday.

I got dropped in mid-match. Right as I joined, the other team was summoning their Primeval while the squad I was only at like 40 motes deposited.

I immediately grabbed purple and jumped into the portal just for pure stall tactics. Dropped 2 guys with a rocket launcher. Killed the 3rd guy as he was reviving a teammate and then proceeded to punch the new newly revived guy to death. So I got my Army of One right as Drifter pulled me back all while screaming at myself that I forgot to emote.

Get back to the other side and see that was all my squad needed as they summoned the Primeval and went to work. Hopped back in the portal again to get another kill and we melted that stupid fucking Ogre in 2 1/2 cycles.

I legit think I had the same number of combatant kills as I did opponents.

I wish I had faced this team over the weekend.  I kept getting matched up against stacked 4-mans armed with the best Invader killing weapons and I always seemed to have at least one Invader on my team, so I had to put in some overtime as a Reaper to make sure our team was able to stay ahead in the mote count.

I think I am riding an 8 match win streak right now.  If I can stretch it out to ten, I get a special seasonal bragging rights dealie for my Gambit emblem.

I take it you didn't take a screenshot of the final match stats tally and put it up on the Activity Feed.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I take it you didn't take a screenshot of the final match stats tally and put it up on the Activity Feed.

The next time I do will be the first time

My GP match from last night was a just barely victory due to my teammates sucking at taking out the Invader. We actually summoned our Primeval first and at a pretty good pace, but at least once or twice as I was on verge of killing the Primeval those bastards had the gall to fall to the Invader. I'm happy we won eventually, but damn were we cutting it close with the one or two slithers of life left on the opposing team's Primeval.

I've run 2 of LLS on the moon solo. One was annoying, but not too bad. The one from yesterday was fucking horrible. There way too damn many Overload Captains and the Heavy Frames were space stupidly far apart. The Sword and sword mod from the artifact are the only reasons I was able to complete that one solo. Even then there was so much dying on my part.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

The IB armor this season is the chubby set with the football helmet

The only thing I particularly like from this set is the cape. Even that I don't love. I do wish that if they were going to give us repeats on IB armor that they would at least give the chance to gain the IB ornaments as well.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

My GP match from last night was a just barely victory due to my teammates sucking at taking out the Invader. We actually summoned our Primeval first and at a pretty good pace, but at least once or twice as I was on verge of killing the Primeval those bastards had the gall to fall to the Invader. I'm happy we won eventually, but damn were we cutting it close with the one or two slithers of life left on the opposing team's Primeval.

Yeah, a couple of the wins from yesterday were really close.  One of my teams also sucked at getting rid of the Invader.  If it weren't for the Major Rewards perk on my Notorious Reaper armor and the endless grenades (on a 4 second timer..) that I receive after killing a yellow bar, we'd have never stayed ahead of the enemy team in the Primeval chase.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I've run 2 of LLS on the moon solo. One was annoying, but not too bad. The one from yesterday was fucking horrible. There way too damn many Overload Captains and the Heavy Frames were space stupidly far apart. The Sword and sword mod from the artifact are the only reasons I was able to complete that one solo. Even then there was so much dying on my part.

As much as I love my Goldtusk, I don't use it enough to warrant using up two Artifact mods that will only benefit one situational weapon and one of those mods will take up a precious armor slot.

Edited by J.T.

I think I can start soloing LLS now with this build

I mean Thundercrash is no fucking joke now since the buff.

Basically if something doesn't die from me hitting it, it will when I blow up the Warmind Coil that Thundercrash created

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

As much as I love my Goldtusk, I don't use it enough to warrant using up two Artifact mods that will only benefit one situational weapon and one of those mods will take up a precious armor slot.

It works for me, but that is because I have nearly zero interest in the last two rows of mods due to rarely using Solar and Arc classes. I like the ability to run away via invisibility too much. This does remind me though that I need to find a LFG team for Heroic Menagerie so I can get a Goldtusk.

• Like 1

Went 2-1 in Survival yesterday while trying to get three matches in before reset today.  The loss was hard fought.  Our teams were evenly matched and there were no rounds where the entire team on either side were wiped.  All of the rounds were won by life advantage either by my team or the other team and the match went the distance.

The wins were slaughters.  In the first win, my team rallied back from 3-0 and two members of the other team caved and left the match.  Second match was a slugfest but my team won 4-2.  We started off slow, but then we mopped the floor with the other team for three rounds straight.  No tiebreakers.

I played some Control to finish the core playlist weekly challenge and popped off with 19 kills and a 9.5 ER.  We won by mercy rule.  That always feels good.  I was annoyed because some tryhard smoked me just as I got my first Unyielding medal, so I made it a point to murder him three more times for messing up my streak.  The kill he got on me was my only death in the match. If I had gotten one more kill, I'd have gotten a second Unyielding medal.

The Crucible matches gave me the points to complete the catalyst quest for Tommy's Matchbook so once again a grinding I will go.

I'm "teleworking" today so I will probably knock off when reset starts so that I can get started on the weekly bounties for Rasputin, Spider, and Banshee-44.  The Vanguard and Crucible weekly bounties are important since they are my primary source of Bright Dust, but daddy needs Warmind Bits and Enhancement Cores.  I'm shooting to have the Io bunker upgraded to at least Rank 6 from jump street and I need to keep grinding towards the new light cap.

Hopefully the Ordeal Nightfall does not have a shit modifier so that I can get 100K done without having to hit up LFG.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Vanguard and Crucible weekly bounties are important since they are my primary source of Bright Dust, but daddy needs Warmind Bits and Enhancement Cores.  I'm shooting to have the Io bunker upgraded to at least Rank 6 from jump street and I need to keep grinding towards the new light cap.

You will want around 2500. I think I had 2000 when i shot up to 5 for the first day of the Moon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

You will want around 2500. I think I had 2000 when i shot up to 5 for the first day of the Moon.

Yeah, I think I had around 2K and I also got my Moon bunker up to 5 on Day One.

• Like 1