DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

The fucking Ordeal Nightmare modifier that allows enemies to spam grenades can eat shit. 

Fucking Cabal were raining their shitty explosive yellow arrowheads on us from all directions during the boss fight.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The fucking Ordeal Nightmare modifier that allows enemies to spam grenades can eat shit. 

Fucking Cabal were raining their shitty explosive yellow arrowheads on us from all directions during the boss fight.

Yeah - I was watching Pyro's video yesterday about this week's Ordeal and it was basically "Farm every fucking kill way before the boss so you can melt the boss and get the fuck out of dodge"

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I was watching Pyro's video yesterday about this week's Ordeal and it was basically "Farm every fucking kill way before the boss so you can melt the boss and get the fuck out of dodge"

Yeah, it sucked.  Targeting groups of Legionaires before they start spamming and shooting Threshers out of the sky are priority. 

You need to get as close to 100K as you can before the boss fight.  Anywhere north of 87K is good.  Farm the War Beast packs for points and do your best to two-phase Zahn before he summons more help. 

The longer the fight goes, the more likely your fireteam members will start dying at the worst possible time.

Edited by J.T.

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If I am on at the same time you can drag me along so I can get the dead ghost and Xenophage

If you're on this weekend, we'll get Bird to Sherpa us through the Ogre Maze if he doesn't drag me into a GoS raid.  He knows his way around.

I can get to the Dead Ghost in the Ogre Maze.  It's on the same path as the secret orb altar you'll need to access to unlock the door leading to the Xenophage boss encounter, but you'll need to do the annoying Wall of Doors thingie first.

Edited by J.T.

Got my Fifth Horseman

Jesus was that shit brutal.

For me - I killed the boss and the 2 Barrier Champions didn't despawn. They just stood camping the fucking chest.

It took me 5 minutes to finally lure them away and then end around sprint to the chest

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Got my Fifth Horseman

Jesus was that shit brutal.

For me - I killed the boss and the 2 Barrier Champions didn't despawn. They just stood camping the fucking chest.

It took me 5 minutes to finally lure them away and then end around sprint to the chest

Fourth Horseman?

And yeah.  I ran into the pathing bullshit in The Quarry while trying to get the 4th Horseman catalyst for my two UK internet nephews where the two BCs camped the chest and melted anyone who got too close.

We finally coordinated our attacks to take out one Champion at a time and got to the chest.  It sucked.  We all died a lot.

LLS enemies despawn when you claim the reward chest; not when the boss dies.  Learned that the hard way.

I activated my EDZ Bunker PDS for the week because I hate The Quarry and Scavenger's Den so much.  EDZ bunker will remain clear until next reset.

People on LFG looking for help for LLS clears need to start specifying what LLS they want to tackle.  Now that I've cleared all of the EDZ LLS's for the triumph and have my 4th Horseman catalyst. I've got no interest in doing them anymore.  Time to work on Moon shit.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah no fucking clue why I wrote Fifth

God I hate the changes to the IB bounties that teammate weapon kills no longer count

So many fuckers stealing my kills

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

God I hate the changes to the IB bounties that teammate weapon kills no longer count

So many fuckers stealing my kills

The final blows thing sucks, but I am doing shockingly well with the Hand Cannon part so far since my Austringer (Accurized Rounds / Triple Tap / Rangefinder) is beast. 

Gives me hope that Luna's is not too far away, but Survival and IB are two different animals.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I tried using Luna's and that was a nightmare.

I having much better luck with my Better Devils at the moment.

I am low on upgrade modules at the moment otherwise I would jack up my Ace of Spades and use that

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I tried using Luna's and that was a nightmare.

I having much better luck with my Better Devils at the moment.

I am low on upgrade modules at the moment otherwise I would jack up my Ace of Spades and use that

That is strange to me.  Luna's Howl is still pretty effective.

Magnificent Howl should be proccing if you're hitting your headshots and you should be two tapping people even with the nerf, unless you're up against guys with ridiculous light levels.

If you're experiencing too much flinch, you probably need to spec out an armor set that has Void affinity and equip Hand Cannon mods.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am so fucking sick of Hard Light in PvP

There is a pervasive Revoker / Hard Light meta going on right now and it is a pain in the ass.  It's a very popular Trials load-out to say the least.

For the most part, I win most of my IB 1v1s against Hard Light users with my SUROS since the TTK for Spinning Up mode is absurd. 

I can even win the occasional 2v1s if SUROS's healing buff procs after the first kill.

I thought about speccing out my gloves and chest armor for Solar to get access to Sniper Rifle mods and then tack on the universal auto-rifle mods from the artifact, but I decided on Arc affinity because the Mobility bump from Powerful Friends was too good to pass up.

Edited by J.T.

My Luna irritation was directly tied to my Hard Light hate

Hard to get shit done when dudes are hiding in corners just bouncing Hard Light shots off the wall.

If I was playing normal - there are plenty of counters. But when specifically trying to get HC kills. So very irritating,

It's fine though - I need 2 more kills, have gotten a Valor reset and am at 1003 LL without wearing my best gear. So it has been a productive grind this am

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That is strange to me.  Luna's Howl is still pretty effective.

Magnificent Howl should be proccing if you're hitting your headshots and you should be two tapping people even with the nerf, unless you're up against guys with ridiculous light levels.

Depends on the stage you get. The ones I got during the HC phase sucked for Luna's Howl. I had to break out and power up Ace to get through it. Then later last night I was getting stages where I was getting half of my kills with Luna's Howl.

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I thought about speccing out my gloves and chest armor for Solar to get access to Sniper Rifle mods and then tack on the universal auto-rifle mods from the artifact, but I decided on Arc affinity because the Mobility bump from Powerful Friends was too good to pass up.

Yeah whenever I do Crucible of any sort now I'm running around with 100+ mobility. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My Luna irritation was directly tied to my Hard Light hate

Hard to get shit done when dudes are hiding in corners just bouncing Hard Light shots off the wall.

If I was playing normal - there are plenty of counters. But when specifically trying to get HC kills. So very irritating,

Ah.  I understand and yes, ricochet friendly maps are a pain in the ass if you have good HL users on the other team.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is kinda like the Jottun meta from ages ago where it takes no skill to use so you can survive

I wouldn't say that using HL is entirely devoid of skill.  A guy who is good with the ricochet properties of the bullets can be a terror on a map with a lot of corridors and chokepoints.

You will learn to hate matches on The Anomaly or The Cauldron when there are HL trick shot artist on the enemy side.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is kinda like the Jottun meta from ages ago where it takes no skill to use so you can survive

I hate Jottun so damn much with its light tracking capabilities and wide area of effect. I hate it even more because it also means its the only fusion rifle worth a damn to non-fusion rifle players when you need those kills for quest steps. What I'm saying is prepare your Jottun. Also Recluse if you have that.

Honestly, I hate Bastion far more than Jotunn.  I can slip away from Jotunn shots on a map like The Burnout where there is plenty of cover.  Also on the whole, dudes running Jotunn don't think to use FR mods to maximize the potential.

Jotunn is only a problem on maps with lots of open space and there's nothing to duck behind when you hear the oh so familiar ding-whoosh noise when it fires.

If you are the second guy to fire on a guy that has Bastion, you're the first one to die.  It is an automatic kill.  Those assholes also seem to remember to put some version of Light Reactor on their class mods so that every Bastion kill returns super energy.  People seem to forget that even though it is a kinetic slug thrower, it is still classified as a Fusion Rifle.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was giddy that the next step was SMGs

Yes, I am looking forward to getting that quest step done in one match with Recluse.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I think JT just has bad luck in getting matched up against Bastion users because I haven't seen one in weeks.

I've seen one or two in PvP lately and it's really popular in Gambit Prime as a Primeval Killer and as an Invader weapon.

Bastion is falling out of favor in PvP because most people are gravitating towards Exotic autos now, but you will see the occasional brave soul running Bastion with Misfit or Valakadyn and still managing to hang with the upper tier killers on his squad.

I'm actually surprised you're running into Jotunn users now with the Exotic auto meta being so strong.  I am shredding Bygones / Jotunn idiots on the regular with SUROS and Recluse.

Edited by J.T.

I havent seen Jotunn users outside a random one or two in Survival

I was just saying it reminded me of when Jotunn was all over the place.

That being said - if the next step past SMG is Fusion like Eivion said - then I will be run into them myself (and probably be one too)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I havent seen Jotunn users outside a random one or two in Survival

I was just saying it reminded me of when Jotunn was all over the place.

That being said - if the next step past SMG is Fusion like Eivion said - then I will be run into them myself (and probably be one too)

Okay, that makes sense and yes, Hard Light is very much meta.  Doesn't help that it is a part of the cookie cutter load-out that the big content drivers on YouTube and elsewhere are selling to the masses.

I'm actually considering using a Huckleberry / Vouchsafe or Huckleberry / Beloved load-out for the SMG part since Huckleberry is still super lethal, and then rolling with Bastion / Vouchsafe for the Fusion Rifle part.

My load-out change strategy reminds me why I despise the new Armor 2.0 changes.  Armor mods for weapon effectiveness are harder to swap in and out now that they are tied to elemental affinity.

Edited by J.T.

So yeah... about the Moon Bunker

You think its fine. Fuck you Barrier Champion. You were nothing

You then open the door to the final room and instantly get melted by the Screaming Wizard

THEN when you kill that the Unstoppable Ogre shows up and has nothing but eyes for you.

Good lord that thing fucking moved like it was Deion Sanders

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So yeah... about the Moon Bunker

You think its fine. Fuck you Barrier Champion. You were nothing

You then open the door to the final room and instantly get melted by the Screaming Wizard

THEN when you kill that the Unstoppable Ogre shows up and has nothing but eyes for you.

Good lord that thing fucking moved like it was Deion Sanders

I hate the Moon Bunker Buster daily mission.  I am not happy to see the Electrified Cooridor of Death from the Fallen SABER strike make its glorious return.

Edited by J.T.