DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Latent Memories are synched across profiles

Yes, but LMs are destructible constructs rather than interaction constructs, so there is probably some code in the game that differentiates one from the other as far as profile synching goes.

I can't remember if D1 Gold Chests were synched across profiles.  For some reason I want to say that they worked the same way that Regional Chests do now.

It's funny how D1 Gold Chests had no map location markers like Regional Chests, but there was a counter on the map to tell you how many GCs you found the same way that LMs have a counter on the Hallas Basin map to keep track of how many LMs you've destroyed.

IIRC, Dead Ghosts were find once and forget items for all toons like LMs are now.

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Was able to run a mission and a half with Mis before the in-laws got here.

Hope I can get back on later/this evening to get more done

I should be on around four or five EDT.  I'm headed to the Crucible when I get to the crib.  I'll try to save knocking out the Nightfall until after I upgrade to Blue gear, since beating one is one of the requirements for the upgrade of one of those armor pieces.

If PvP gets too frustrating, I'll toss on my 383 gear, look for a Silicon Neuroma farming team that is doing Prestige runs, go back to the Crucible later on, and then try to find a fireteam doing a Normal Nightfall after I upgrade my Solstice armor from Green to Blue.

There is a trick to the way the armor works but it won't do me any good this afternoon.

You only have to wear the armor piece that has the criteria you are trying to meet.  For example, if your leg armor upgrade requires you to beat a Nightfall, you don't have to wear the entire suit of SoH armor to the Nightfall:  you only need to have the legs equipped to get credit.

If your OCD isn't is bad as mine (and it probably isn't) you can wear your other high LL gear except for the legs if you wand the bump in effectiveness.  The mismatched skins will make you look like a homeless person, but looks aren't everything, right?

You just keep telling yourself that until you believe it..

I am hosed because I need to wear the head and leg armor since one piece requires me to defeat ten players in the Crucible while the other requires me to get a % of Kills in the Crucible with my Super, so I may as well wear the entire set, keep playing, and take my chances since I will also be earning credit towards Call To Arms and (hopefully) completing PvP bounties to get credit towards one of my SoH bounties..

• Like 1

You have to be careful though because elemental orbs only generate when wearing the full set so if you are working on anything that requires orbs you need to wear the full set

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You have to be careful though because elemental orbs only generate when wearing the full set so if you are working on anything that requires orbs you need to wear the full set

That's the thing.  I met all of the Elemental Orb generation requirements last night while in PvE so I don't have to create / collect any more EOs in order to upgrade from Uncommon to Rare.. 

I just need to not suck in the Crucible.... which can be a really tall ask...

Technically this will be the first time since D1 where I have tried to PvP in Green armor.  To say that I feel a bit of trepidation would be an understatement, but let's see what happens.

I did it last night - it wasn't too too bad.

But you are going to be unhappy because your K/D will take a hit

If I am running the stories with someone else - I will probably just keep all my armor on to be safe. If I am solo - any boost I can get I will take

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

There is a trick to the way the armor works but it won't do me any good this afternoon.

You only have to wear the armor piece that has the criteria you are trying to meet.  For example, if your leg armor upgrade requires you to beat a Nightfall, you don't have to wear the entire suit of SoH armor to the Nightfall:  you only need to have the legs equipped to get credit.

If your OCD isn't is bad as mine (and it probably isn't) you can wear your other high LL gear except for the legs if you wand the bump in effectiveness.  The mismatched skins will make you look like a homeless person, but looks aren't everything, right?

You just keep telling yourself that until you believe it..

I am hosed because I need to wear the head and leg armor since one piece requires me to defeat ten players in the Crucible while the other requires me to get a % of Kills in the Crucible with my Super, so I may as well wear the entire set, keep playing, and take my chances since I will also be earning credit towards Call To Arms and (hopefully) completing PvP bounties to get credit towards one of my SoH bounties..

This is good to know. I've been wearing all the armor for regular PvE stuff. I'm glad I don't have when I finally do Crucible and strikes. Actually there is a story mission I figure I can do now if I only need that particular piece of armor.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

This is good to know. I've been wearing all the armor for regular PvE stuff. I'm glad I don't have when I finally do Crucible and strikes. Actually there is a story mission I figure I can do now if I only need that particular piece of armor.

Well, the thing is that in order to generate elemental orbs, you have to wear the entire set of Solstice Armor, but that's okay because you want to be working on meeting your elemental orb generation requirements at the same time as you're working on your PvE shit. 

The elemental orbs you generate are usually the same as the sub-class you are running, but they can also be affected by the element type of the Energy Weapon or Power Weapon you are using.  For example, if you want to generate a lot of Void orbs, it's best to equip your Void sub-class and use Void-based Energy and Power weapons..  

You can also collect elemental orbs generated by other players.   That's why it's best to run Strikes and SoH story missions with friends running a different elemental sub-class and using different elemental Energy and Power Weapons  than you so that you can try to generate elemental orbs from all three source types (Void, Solar, Arc).

When you only have PvP requirements left to meet, go into the Crucible wearing only the pieces that need PvP progress and wear your good shit in the rest of your armor slots.

Also, there are certain MoT bounties that don't require you to wear SoH armor at all:  Completing 25 Bounties and Completing 25 Heroic Public Events . 

The caveat being that one of the requirements for a piece of your Green armor is to complete 10 Heroic Public Events, so always make sure you are multitasking as much as possible because this SoH shit is grindy AF.  If you haven't done your Flashpoint on Nessus yet, do it while wearing your Green armor and while the SoH PE Completions bounty is in your inventory.

Try to meet as many armor requirements as possible with as little effort as possible.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Was able to run two strikes last night before the storms in the area wrecked shit.

Goal for today is to finish my green armor 

I ran PvP solo for a couple of matches and then rolled with Mis and Slimy for a couple of matches after they finished up their first set of SoH story missions.  I completed my helmet in my first match (18 Kills / 3.00 ER in a loss while playing Control on the Altar of Flame map) but I am at 47% for Super Kills on my cloak.  At least I finished CTA in nearly record time.

I got frustrated after a while and decided to run Prestige Nightfalls.  Teamed up with a cool British guy THAT ALREADY HAD A SET OF LEGENDARY SOLSTICE HUNTER ARMOR~! who put up a PN request on LFG.

After I subsumed my envy, my homie, Warhero, and I set about to help him break the 110K threshold score for a PN since apparently that is a requirement for the Solstice Hunter Helmet.

We got smoked on our first try (ran Arc Singe, in addition to my usual preferences, Extinguish, Match Game, & Famine) because Torch Hammers, but we hit 113K on our second run and 115K on our third.  Brit dude immediately put both of us on his Friend's List.  No one got the Silicon Neuroma rifle.  I was kinda bummed, but I was happy that I got to help someone out.

My goal for today is also to finish my Green armor.  I am going to see my dad for a bit, but then I am going to hit the Crucible and stay there until my cloak is done.  If you are on at the same time, Rippa, msg me.  Apparently one of the requirements for the next set of armor is to complete a Normal Nightfall, so we can try to get that done as well if we're feeling inspired.

Oh, and I completed enough Moments of Triumph bounties to get my free t-shirt.  I haven't redeemed the code yet.

Because I am an idiot I actually started Chosen as my 3rd mission

And because I am stubborn I am trying to grind my way through

50 minutes gone so far.

I hate this fucking game

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - you have to run the missions in your full SOH armor. Won't let you start it without

Yeah, I was mostly talking about orb generation during strikes, replaying Adventures, or replaying one of Ikora's Story Mission memories..  

None of the Solar orbs I generated while exploring, doing Public Events or while on patrol counted towards my progress, but they counted when I did one of Ikora's memories for my chest armor (?) requirement and when I replayed some Adventures from the Vendors.

You can't do any SoH missions from the statues if you're not wearing full SoH armor and any orbs you generate will count towards progress on your Green armor while you are doing the SoH mission..

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because I am an idiot I actually started Chosen as my 3rd mission

And because I am stubborn I am trying to grind my way through

50 minutes gone so far.

I hate this fucking game

You are dumb.  I ran Chosen with a friend.  Fuck that solo noise.

I tried to run the tank mission solo it took over an hour because the devs were devious and made it so that the checkpoints only repair the Drake. 

You don't get a replacement tank transmatted to you like you did during the Story Mission.

If your Drake is destroyed before you get out of the cave system, you have to continue on foot... including the part where you have to destroy two Cabal Goliath Tanks before you can move on.

Whomever came up shit with that should be tied to the bumper of a speedboat and dragged through the water from Miami to Cuba.

You have to wear the full armor to start the mission, but once you get in, you can change out everything except the piece that corresponds to the mission.  That’s the only piece that tracks your completion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EVA said:

You have to wear the full armor to start the mission, but once you get in, you can change out everything except the piece that corresponds to the mission.  That’s the only piece that tracks your completion.

True, but you may as well wear the entire set so that you can generate and collect elemental orbs.  You need to track that progress as well.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh Bless you

Whoever put thought it was fun to put 52055825 Scorpions on this level is the devil

And you haven't even gotten to Ghaul and his army yet. 

And no Boundless Light fonts to help you this time.  The best is yet to come.

If you break your controller while enraged, try to buy a new one before I get online this afternoon.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I legit don't think I would have gotten past the dogs with out my Feedback gauntlets

I survived because my Duty Bound auto rifle has like 1001253434 rounds of ammo, has Rampage as a weapon perk, and reloads very quickly.

I also had a buddy roll with me.  This will be a recurring comment.  

Save yourself some heartache and go to LFG and post that you are running Green SoH missions.  Someone is bound to come and help.

If they happen to be like twelve years old or something, just mute your mic.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

90 fucking minutes in and my game fucking crashes

I am shocked my XBone isn't in the pool right at this moment in time

Jesus, just play something else on your Pile of Shame until I get to the crib this afternoon. 

I should be on around 4PM and we'll run that shit and then hit the Crucible to finish off Super Kills..

Either that or roll with Mis since he is probably lurking XBone right about now.

You'll only succeed in giving yourself an aneurism if you try to grind out Chosen while running solo.

Literally Mis had just signed on and sent me a message saying "on the way" and my entire game crapped out.

I knew something was up because all of a sudden my HUD won't load and everything was that shadowy shape when you change weapons.

It took TWO hard reboots before the game would load again

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Literally Mis had just signed on and sent me a message saying "on the way" and my entire game crapped out.

I knew something was up because all of a sudden my HUD won't load and everything was that shadowy shape when you change weapons.

It took TWO hard reboots before the game would load again

I ran into a similar issue yesterday.  Some bullshit about the game license not being read properly by my console just as D2 started loading.

It also took two reboots before my console started behaving again.

The hotfix may have broken something while fixing other shit.