DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I just walked in the door from NY

I am debating seeing if I can get CTA on both my Titan and Warlock today without meleeing anyone

Yeah, I need to knock out CTA tonight as well.  I played zero Destiny over the weekend.  My boo and I had a full social card on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I think I logged on long enough to goof around on Battle Chasers while she was studying for her ACAS exam on Saturday afternoon before we bailed to Annapolis for dinner with some friends. 

We went to see The Mehquilizer 2 on Sunday and then I grilled enough Bourbon Salmon for lunch and dinner.

1 hour ago, misanthrope304 said:

I can try to help...it seems this comes and goes with Xur.

Thanks, man.  I will look you up if you are online next Sunday same time as I am.

I think I have figured out a fairly reliable way to get the RB to work on one control. I will try the tape method on the other.

First Crucible match was a disaster since I couldn't get my super to trigger. Second match was much better.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think I have figured out a fairly reliable way to get the RB to work on one control. I will try the tape method on the other.

First Crucible match was a disaster since I couldn't get my super to trigger. Second match was much better.

We held our own.  We weren't the top killers in our fireteams, but we didn't suck that badly either.  I didn't go below 1.0 in any of the matches but I did flirt dangerously close.  My ER went up from 1.45 to 1.46 so I will call that a win.

We did have some moments of brilliance in our sea of ineptitude.  I went cold for nearly five minutes and then wiped all six members of the other team in one Arcstride.  Instant Ruthless medal. 

Lord knows how long the update will run today. I'll go see my dad after work and if server maintenance is still going on when I get home, I'll play some more Battle Chasers.

Oh, and I am sorry, man.  I hung out with a group of Euro randos this morning before work and we beat the Level 7 EP boss.  

He was Crota Jr.  Gigantic Knight with an impenetrable shield that you had to break with a normal Knight MOBs sword before everyone else can move in to wail away on him.. 

Once Crotacito's shield was down, another Hunter and I tethered him so that two more Titans could go in with Boop Guns (that's what the cool kids call Tractor Cannons these days) and prime the boss before the Nova Bombs rained down.  It was almost too easy.

The Keen in Wave 2 also went down in record time.  Voidwalkers and Nightstalkers using their supers in unison with other players armed with Boop Guns seems to be the formula for success for Wave 2 and Wave 7.  It didn't feel like we had to work as hard to clear the other waves as much as we did for Wave 2 and Wave 6.. Tethers, Tethers, more Tethers, and then Hammers, Boop Guns, and Nova Bombs.

I got Warsat leg armor that I infused into my Took Offense Ornament boots to get me up to 383. I didn't keep the Warsat armor because I hate mixing and matching armor skins. 

Some guy got the IKELOS SMG, so I was very jealous.

It's another day where I am waiting for maintence to get to my place to fix something.

Depending on when they post I may or may not be able to grind a few things before Solstice of Heroes hits. Otherwise I figure I will waste time doing that this afternoon until my wife yells at me for not cleaning

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Depending on when they post I may or may not be able to grind a few things before Solstice of Heroes hits.

IIRC, Server maintenance starts at 9AM PDT / Noon EDT. 

The SoH patch and the new hotfix that will go live today are fucking huge so the question isn't if you'll have time to grind before the servers go down.  It's how badly will the server maintenance schedule cut into peak game time tonight?

I predict that the Nightfall this week will be something OTHER than the Pyramidion or a Mars strike because RNG hates my completionist streak and does not want me to get an Osprey rocket launcer (the last BrayTech / Arctic Camo weapon I need for my emblem) or the Silicon Neuroma sniper rifle.

Fuck.  One of the MoTs is beating both the Eater of Worlds AND the Spire of Stars raids. 

That's not going to happen for a while.  The DARPA crew and I are still figuring out Leviathan.

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am just killing time now since they appear to not be deploying Solstice until like 12/12:30

That shit had better be done by the time I get to the crib.  I fear that I will be disappointed, though.

I just got booted out of the game so its happening now.

I literally just got the last region chest I needed so the timing couldn't be more perfect

I am gonna eat lunch and then see if its done

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just got booted out of the game so its happening now.

I literally just got the last region chest I needed so the timing couldn't be more perfect

I am gonna eat lunch and then see if its done

I have yet to see a major patch launch that didn't require at least three hours of server maintenance time.

I don't expect for the game to go live earlier than 3PM EDT our time.

Just now, J.T. said:

That's all?  With that many changes, I expected this hotfix to be at least a gig.

If you look at the patch notes - it was nothing

It appears the slipped everything in with the last patch and just turned it on

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well Holy Fuck.... they weren't kidding when they said bring a friend

Just redoing Homecoming was wrecking my shit

Oh, God.  I totally forgot about all of that reclaim your old stuff bullshit that comes along with Solstice of Heroes.

Doing the whole campaign over again for this event will probably count towards Moments of Triumph.  Fuck..

Have you finally shredded your Season One broken newbie armor since you probably won't need it anymore?

There are only 6 missions you have to redo

You definitely have to do one of them twice because one of the steps on the reclaimed armor to wear the shitty stuff during them