DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

It's funny how the Bounty system works now.  Completing Vanguard bounties and turning in the tokens will help make grinding to Rank 50 a lot easier so that you can check that box off on your Moments of Triumph list and also unlock gear and ornaments..

Crucible bounties, on the other hands, will only generate tokens to help you get item rewards from Shaxx.  Shaxx's gear and ornament inventory is tied to Valor and Glory ranks which can't be boosted through turning in tokens earned by completing bounties..

I had hilarious dumb luck and managed to get into the secret quest just appearing on Io right before the portal closed. Of course because I'm an idiot that looked at none of those videos showing people how to complete and wasted nearly all my time just getting to the real beginning. It was a miserable failure made only more amusing by the fact that I don't even use sniper rifles so I have no idea why I wanted to try other than its new.

I don't think I will ever people able to do it just because of the platforming portions

I used to never be able to do that shit in the original Vault of Glass.

My fat ass Titan... she is not meant to fly

If we're talking about the Whisper of the Worm quest, we should be thankful it's not tied to a stupid Heroic story mission with a limited time window like Black Spindle was.

As we speak, the devs are probably tweaking Io so that Taken Blight PEs only happen once every fifty two hours. 

The same way that Warsat PE's mysteriously decrease in frequency whenever Javelin kills are a Daily Challenge on Mars.

I will take a stab at that rifle, but I suck at platforming and timed missions so I will hate every minute of that shit and will probably fail multiple times and never get the weapon.

Looks like I will have to go into my collection and generate / level up a pair of St0mp-EE5 exotic boots for this shit.  I imagine that Titans the world over are breaking in a new pair of Lion Ramparts, too.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently if you beat Whisper of the Worm the first time - a heroic version unlocks and then there are more secrets

Yep.  You have to beat the Heroic version of the mission to unlock the catalyst.  I will probably drive myself to alcoholism in the futile attempt to get the base weapon. 

I can only imagine the horror that awaits me if I somehow succeeded miraculously in getting the Whisper and my OCD compelled me to try beat the Heroic version of that shit.

Finally watching the video and there is 0.0% chance I will ever be doing it

Ignoring the platforming for a minute - you basically need raid weapons to take anything down

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Finally watching the video and there is 0.0% chance I will ever be doing it

Ignoring the platforming for a minute - you basically need raid weapons to take anything down

I have three Leviathan raid weapons and perk wise, they aren't terribly different from normal weapons.  Granted, perk wise they are optimally synergized but I have outshot guys in the Crucible using the Ghost Primus with my Battle Scar.  Raid armor gives you the edge in the Leviathan; not raid weapons.

I think people will be fine using guns found in the normal world on this deal. I think that the keys to winning will be:

• getting the route down so you can spend less time jumping and praying you don't fall to your death and more time fighting and
  • getting your overall LL as high as you can so that your damage output will be optimal.

I would also bet that everyone will need EWs and PWs that cover the entire enemy barrier spectrum.  I don't think this is an encounter that anyone will be able to zerg their way through with everyone armed with Sleepers.  Someone will probably need to handle Void damage and the same for Solar and Arc.

;The video I watched was all solar all the time - granted they ran past a lot of the stuff at the beginning

But yeah - since it is all Taken it was basically waiting for Melting Point to come on and then max damage that one.

Sunshot and Solar Shotguns were the weapons of choice

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

;The video I watched was all solar all the time - granted they ran past a lot of the stuff at the beginning

But yeah - since it is all Taken it was basically waiting for Melting Point to come on and then max damage that one.

Sunshot and Solar Shotguns were the weapons of choice

Solar weapons are probably popular because the barriers on the fucking Taken Captans that throw the big darkness bubbles are Solar.  Those mother fuckers would need to die as quickly as possible.

Mastetworked Sunshots and Polaris Lances will probably be really popular since they both have Dragonfly-ish properties to put down multiple adds.

An Arcstrider running Raiden Flux or Foetracer would melt nearly everything once he had his super up.  All he'd need would be another orb generator like a Nightstalker running Orpheus Rig or a Voidwalker Warlock. 

Bubble Sentinels would also be worth their weight in gold since it looks like cover is a premium down there and you're getting shot at from all directions.

Since one of the bounties today was Void final blows - I equipped Gravitational Lance and felt like a huge douche

But did the kills flow like water

I need one more level to finally get my Sunshot Catalyst

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since one of the bounties today was Void final blows - I equipped Gravitational Lance and felt like a huge douche

But did the kills flow like water

I need one more level to finally get my Sunshot Catalyst

Glad to hear that someone had a good day in the Crucible.

I think I had my worst performance to date this afternoon in a Clash match on Pacifica. 

It was equal parts constantly getting spawn killed and me just playing like ass on a map I hate.  I didn't keep up with my team like I should have and paid the price for it. I think everyone on the other team in that match ran Graviton Lances to get those Void kills in for the bounty.

My teams went 1-3 overall today, but I kept my ED above 1.10 and had at least 15 k's even in the losses save for the assbeating I took on Pacifica.

I refuse to give in to the meta and masterwork a Graviton Lance.  It's bad enough I'm running a Foetracer, a Mannanan SR4, and a Shepherd's Watch sniper rifle for long maps and Wormhusk Crown and a Quickfang or a Colony for short maps. My Battle Scar pulse rifle has an obscene TTK provided that my dumb allies stick around long enough to get the team shot..

I'll just hold out for Forsaken when everything before Season 3 becomes obsolete and then I will jump on the new weapon meta.

When I get on tonight, I will crank out that last match for the Faction milestone if the DARPA clan finishes the Caius checkpoint before I get home.  If I do well, I may continue to grind Valor for a bit since I am pretty close to Rank 3 and that will satisfy another Moment of Triumph marker and put me in line to buy that Marine pulse rifle from Shaxx.

If I suck, I will play some Battle Chasers to decompress and remind me that it would be a bad idea to smash my controller against the wall and then I will go to bed.

Got my Sunshot catalyst last night.

This is a bridge week until Solstice of Heroes (Doubles is the only "event")

I think - outside of the weeklies - I am taking the week off. It helps that I am in NY Friday - Monday

Notes about Solstice of Heroes

- You will receive a "Scored" Armor set that is level 240. It is to represent the armor that you were wearing when the Tower fell (Dammit - so close to being rewarded for keeping all that shit)

- You complete a bunch of objectives and cash it in and it get a "Rekindled" set of armor that is 340. New objectives. Then you get "Resplendent" armor which is 400. One more round of objectives and you get the Masterworked version of Resplendent.

- Once you are done - you can choose which version of the armor it looks like (it will still be the 400 level though)

- One of the things the objectives make you do is new version of the some of the missions: Homecoming, Spark, Payback, 1AU and Chosen (they just say the missions have "slight alterations"

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and people have already found a bunch of shortcuts and are finishing Whisper of the Worm with like 7 to 8 minutes remaining

Yep.  I think the DARPA crew is going to study some of the vids to get some routes down and then they'll have sherpas running people through the mission.

I don't think I'll be able to make a run at the rifle until next week, though.  I'm taking Thursday and Friday off so that me and my boo can have something resembling a vacation. 

We've had two staycations and a family saturated event this summer, so it's time the two of us got away from bullshit and chill in each other's company.

We tried for about five hours to kill Caius and failed miserably.  Between waiting for people to get online, glitches, and not enough DPS, shit got tired in a hurry.  We all tapped out to strikes when we figured out it was one in the fucking morning .

On the brighter side, I finally got my Valor Rank up to 3 (MOMENT OF TRIUMPH~!!) and improved my ER to 1.45 which is where it started before last week's disastrous run.

Ironically, it was a Control match on Legion's Gulch:  a map I hate almost as much as Pacifica.

I was happy that I already am up to 5% on my Sunburst kills while I wasn't really trying since I was just fucking around on Nessus trying to get the couple of Region Chests I hadn't found yet.

Now to be fair - one of the chests was right by one of the farming spots that everyone suggests while working on the catalyst.

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was happy that I already am up to 5% on my Sunburst kills while I wasn't really trying since I was just fucking around on Nessus trying to get the couple of Region Chests I hadn't found yet.

Now to be fair - one of the chests was right by one of the farming spots that everyone suggests while working on the catalyst.

You can also use one of the glitchy high priority targets in the EDZ or Hellas Basin.

There is a Fallen Archon Priest that spawns in Trostland with a bunch of Shanks and he doesn't venture past his spawn point unless you run in there to fight him.  Leave him alone and use the Sunshot to blast the shit out of the Shanks.

On Mars, there is a Cabal Centurion that spawns near the silos or close to the entrance to the Lost Sector near BrayTech.  Leave him alone and blast the crap out of the gaggle of Psions and Cabal Warbeasts that clump together nicely and beg to be blown up in one bunch.

I used the Cabal Centurion on Mars to farm the last multikills I needed for my Sunshot catalyst and I also used him to farm  my Legend of Acrius multikills where I specifically had to target Cabal.

I cannot believe that I am three Emperor Seals away from getting a functional Legend of Acrius that I can infuse and remove from my inventory.  Of course, the quest isn't over until you complete a prestige Leviathan raid and get the catalyst..

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I found the Fallen Glimmer PE to really help with the Sunshot masterwork. Doing that along with the two spots on EDZ where shanks come out (JT mentioned one of them) should help a good deal.

Between the Fallen Glimer PE, the enemy forces stuff, and the glitch Fallen Priest, you could probably stay in Trostland while farming the Sunshot catalyst.

Honestly - it is more just a matter of finding areas where people aren't already working on their own shit

Like last night, a dude was clearly working on his own stuff so we kept kinda stealing from each other unintentionally