DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That should have said Jump Ship but jump shit works just as well

The former works better and I agree.  Fuck that Exotic Jumpship.  I will be doing good enough if I get lucky and back my way into a Prestige Raid completion..

I haven't even put any thought into how I am going to complete Eater of Worlds and Spire of Stars to finish all of my Moments of Triumph before Forsaken drops.  DARPA Clan barely has the mechanics down for consistent Leviathan completions.  Learning two more raids is more Endgame PvE than I probably have patience for.

I am happy that one of the things I have to do to masterwork my purple armor is achieve Legendary Valor status.  I can grind my Vigilance Wing Catalyst while I am doing that shit.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I am happy that one of the things I have to do to masterwork my purple armor is achieve Legendary Valor status.  I can grind my Vigilance Wing Catalyst while I am doing that shit.

If you already reset your Valor - you have it.

I had reset the day before and was terrified that I had to go all the way back but I looked on line and everyone was all "Just play one match and it will trigger" I did and it did

It is the only Masterwork I have so far

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

If you already reset your Valor - you have it.

I've been slacking on PvP, so I haven't done it yet.

Part of me wants to wait until after Reset to really start armor grinding, but we're keeping the grandkid at our place from this Thursday until this coming Sunday, so I am not really sure how much game play I will get in over the weekend.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ah - you and I are opposite.

I slacked on strikes and still have like 20 to go

Yeah, I was Vanguard Rank 50 a whole week before MoT launched.

Valor wise, I think I am 3/4ths of the way through Fabled, so I should hit Legend status pretty soon.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, RIPPA said:

Got all my latent memories - almost broke my controller trying to get my last one (it wasn't my last one at the time) because I ran out of void power ammo. Grr..

Blundered upon guys doing EPs so for the first time I got past Wave 3. Of course it was on my Titan and not my Warlock (where I still need EP completions)

I never burned my Armory Codes for the LMs in the Drift and the Futurescape that needed Javelins,  I did them both during Warsat PEs.

I'm pretty certain players trying to finish the Heroic Event were pissed at me for taking the Javelin and using it to destroy the LM rather than throw it at the Ogre or the trio of yellow bar Wizards.

Speaking of LMs, my Overdrive sparrow doesn't feel special anymore.  Everyone is doing LMs to finish the MoTs so now everyone and his brother seems to be zooming around in the Overdrve sparrow..

I may as well start using my Azure Azayael or hope I get the Gray Hornet from one of my Solstice engrams.

Speaking of which, I have figured out that it should be Amanda Holiday's "job" to hold all of the Exotic Sparrows and Jumpships you've unlocked from Tess's engrams, so that if you have shredder's remorse about a Jumpship or Sparrow you tore up for Bright Dust, you can go to Amanda and pay some Glimmer, Bright Dust, or a Legendary Shard to get it back.

• Like 1

Masterworked my Legendary Solstice Hunter Cloak (Defeat 10 Bosses) last night while running around helping a DARPA clan mate get his Blue armor story missions done and get him his purple set. 

I was happy to see that you only have to MW one of your SoH items to qualify to cash in that 50 point MoT bounty.

If anyone from DARPA Clan is on for Reset tonight, we'll probably try to run the table on Prestige Nightfalls and Heroic Strikes and get two more SoH armor pieces to Masterwork status.. 

I'll make a run at CTA tomorrow and push for my Legendary Valor status (and Vigilance Wing Catalyst) to get my SoH arm armor piece masterworked.  We've got the grandkid from Thursday to Sunday and I am not really sure how much gaming I'm going to get in.

I'm 20 points away from hitting the max SoH value of 400.

Since getting those points means beating the Eater of Worlds and Spire of Stars raids, I may as well be 200000000000 points away. 

I'm also resigned to the possibility that my Solstice chest armor will go un-masterworked since that requires beating a Prestige Leviathan raid.  I have a fairly decent grasp of the mechanics of the Normal raid, but it's a perishable skill..  

If you don't raid for a couple of weeks and try to get back into it, you may as well be a newbie. 

I don't feel anywhere close to being sound enough to help with the Prestige version.

I may throw myself on the mercy (mercilessness?) of LFG to see if some kind souls will drag me to victory.

Hopefully DARPA will get their shit together this week and run a Normal Leviathan raid this week since I am still three Emperor Seals shy of getting my first upgrade for Legend of Acrius.  I don't even need to beat the whole raid to get that done, but I do need to finish three of the encounters.

I still hate Bungie for linking Whisper of the Worms availability to Xur's schedule.. 

Some of us have custody weekends and like taking our boos out to dinner and a movie on Saturday evenings, assholes. 

How about cutting the dudes that enjoy spending weekend time with their families a fucking break?

You stay up till like 3 AM on workdays just do that on a weekend.

I managed to stay connected while the storms raged outside but didn't get a lot done as I spend a lot of time in the bathroom trying to keep the dog calm.

Basically I did CTA on my Warlock so I got about a quarter of the way on super kills done. I did finish Heroic PEs and both void orbs. Need to spam strikes and stop ignoring the story missions.

Of course since the reset is here I will probably ignore my Warlock until the weekend

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You stay up till like 3 AM on workdays just do that on a weekend.

Guilty as charged, but my weekend time is not as free as it was when I was a single dude in a not so crappy apartment.

There are some nights when I will stay up and game hard when OCD and stubborn jackassery will not let me sleep until the job is done.  I hate myself during weekday night EPs and Raids.

On Saturdays and Sundays I force myself to unplug.  I try to get in some game time in small bits every now and again, but I try not to start anything major like a Raid or a Wave 7 EP run.. 

I don't see my boo for five whole days because I only commute twice a week.  When I am back at my crib, my bae and my kid deserve some undivided attention.

If my boo wants to spend the weekend evening time binge watching girl tube shows OWN, Bravo, or Lifetime, she's on her own.  If you see me gaming on a Saturday or a Sunday, it means I have cut fence while she is catching up on Queen Sugar or Real Housewives or something..

There needs to be a BET HIm or a BET Action channel where Passenger 57 is on every other month that I can watch while she is checking out whatever War Room clone is playing on BET Her.

I checked LFG on my phone while I was taking my afternoon walk during my break.

People are running Solar Singe with their Prestige Nightfall Strike modifiers.  Why?  Singes increase damage from ALL elemental sources.

Yes, this will help the damage output of your beloved Sleeper Stimulant.

Yes, it will also augment the damage coming from Acolyte fireballs and Hive Splinters (the crossbow looking weapons that shoot three projectiles) and Solar Singe also helps the flame breathing god worm you're trying to kill better able to kill you back.

HA! I literally just realized that I never went and collected my Worldline Zero.

(I realized this by looking through Destiny Sets to see what I am still missing)

BTW - thanks to Destiny Sets, I feel way more comfortable about shredding shit since I didn't trust Bungie to remember that I had it

But since this site is Bungie endorsed, I am about to get me some vault space

Well - I finally hit Wave 7 on an EP

I got to Mars and grabbed my Worldline Zero.

Then went to Futurescape to start working on my Flashpoint.

Immediately found a group doing EPs - I joined on Wave 1

I think we attempted Wave 7 four times but could never bring the bitch down before we broke up.

I feel like with the focus on Mars this week - I will get more opportunities as people try to get that Moment of Triumph

Got a score of 122K on the Prestige version of Will Of The Thousands last night with Ellis & Jake.  Well above the threshold score required to masterwork my Solstice helmet.   Also got my emblem upgrade and Crown of Bravery.

Two armor pieces down, three to go.

We ran the usual Famine / Extinguish / Match Game config, but we were able to increase the power handicap to 30 thanks to 405 SoH armor.  We were smart and ran Arc Singe and packed Arc weapons for Knight barriers and Solar weapons for Wizard barriers. 

Some how we managed not to wipe, but Jake died a lot so we didn't get the challenge for 3 deaths or less per teammate.  Xol went down after three waves of adds just as our 4x modifier timer expired.  I am a pretty good Javelin thrower and Jake is a crack shot with DARCI.

After that, I helped out a new DARPA clan mate through his Green armor story missions.

We were going to run Heroic Strikes to try to get a third armor piece to MW Status but Ellis is a worse completionist than I am and wants to try to get MW SoH armor and MoT bounties cleared for as many DARPA guildies as possible,, so he's researching the Prestige Leviathan raid and the other two so that can eventually sherpa us to victory. 

If we can get that done AND manage to clear Eater or Worlds and Spire of Stars before Forsaken launch, that will be fucking huge.

I got my Flashpoint done this morning and helped some Euros get past the Keen in EP Wave 2 after one of them just started following me around and kept shooting at my feet until I got annoyed enough to help so that they would leave me be to farm stems in peace and knock out the last Challenges I needed for Ikora's Milestone.

My gameplay will probably be scarce this weekend since we have the grandkid while her 'rents re in the DR attending a wedding. They won't be back until Sunday and then I'll leave first thing Monday morning from MD to get to work in VA.

If I get on Saturday or Sunday and there are no DARPA homies to run Heroic strikes with or if no one else needs help with anything and I can't find a Whisper of the Worms LFG, I'll just grind my Vigilance Wing Catalyst in the Crucible and inch closer to Legendary Valor status.

I am dumb. It finally dawned on me that the reason that there are so many idiotic players running Solar Singe on PNs is because both the Whisper and the Sleeper are Solar weapons and they are stupid powerful weapons that are now meta like the IKELOS shotty.. 

I have already begun seeing LFG posts for PNs with "must have whisper" and "must have PN clears I will check..."

That being said, we ran a second PN with Solar singe for laughs to test how much the since would augment enemy Solar damage and we wiped during the boss fight when Xol melted everyone in about five minutes with his flaming breath.  That shit hurt a lot.  Acolyte soulfire projectiles will also kill you dead if they score a direct hit.

Even if you have a fireteam that is well armed, using an elemental singe that is the same type that the majority of your enemies use or that the boss uses is patently stupid.

Your ass needs to be on so I don't have to solo all these God Damn story missions.

I haven't tried yet but I have to assume Mayhem will be a God send for getting super kills in the crucible

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I haven't tried yet but I have to assume Mayhem will be a God send for getting super kills in the crucible

Yep.  I think that Callie / Wolf and Jacob are "teleworking" today so that they can get Super Kills knocked out for their Green armor by playing Mayhem..

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Your ass needs to be on so I don't have to solo all these God Damn story missions.

If somehow by the grace of God I get some gameplay in between now and Sunday and you're still working on Soh stories, I will help you clear that shit. 

Sadly, I have a feeling that there will be a lot of making and eating imaginary dinners in the grandkid's kitchen playset and watching lots of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Peppa Pig in my desolate immediate future.

Oh, yeah.  I further predict that at one point during the weekend, my arms will be covered in stickers and I'll be scrubbing errant crayon marks out of my fucking Berber carpet.

Knowing you, you'll have your Warlock in purple by Saturday and Mis will drag you to victory and get you your Whisper before I get mine.

Then I will be angry and very very very very envious.

I am working from home today so I just knocked out CTA and my clan engram at the same time.

I was thinking about doing my Heroic strikes today but I see Friday is going to be Heavyweight/Grounded which might be my favorite combo ever. We shall see.

I am also "humored" by the fact that my Sunshot catalyst says it is 100% but not complete (I am assuming it is actually like 99.9%)

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am working from home today so I just knocked out CTA and my clan engram at the same time.

One of my co-workers is cruising for a bruising today so I may fake a migraine, play some hookie since I have a bajillion hours of sick leave, and go back to the 'rents crib to knock out some PvP before I head back to my place in MD for the next few days.

I really don't want to get fired and end up in jail, but I am beginning to enjoy the thought of choking his ass out.

I'll be back in the 804 on Monday so if I don't get any Crucible trigger time between now and Sunday, I'll grind it out on Monday before Reset.

Have you done any PNs for high score on your Titan since getting your purple armor?  You'll need to do the PN Threshold Score thing twice if you plan to MW the Solstice helmets for both your Warlock and your Titan.  I can help with that if I am online.  We can either try to get a third member from DARPA clan if they are online, grab Mis if he hasn't gotten his helmet done yet, or we can LFG a third.

The only people I ever do Nightfalls with are you and Mis (or maybe Mis and slimy) so no - of course I haven't done my helmet yet.

Shit - I won't get the Heroic strikes with someone in the clan done because everyone is gone.

Me repping the XBONE side of the clan

200w.gif

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The only people I ever do Nightfalls with are you and Mis (or maybe Mis and slimy) so no - of course I haven't done my helmet yet.

Shit - I won't get the Heroic strikes with someone in the clan done because everyone is gone.

Me repping the XBONE side of the clan

200w.gif

Hey, that was me two years ago when everyone moved on to XB1 while I was still on 360.  I was the lone gunman for DVDVR on D1 and on GTA Online.

And that sucks about the SoH armor.  I'd tell Jacob to send you a DARPA clan invite so that you could MW your arm armor and then roll back to DVDVR, but then who would let you back in to DVDVR?

I can always check to see if Jacob is cool with me temporarily joining DVDVR and then bringing me back into DARPA.  I wouldn't put money on that horse, though.