DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

To be fair - I might have gotten the ship at one point in time.

Ships and sparrows are the one thing I shredded on the regular and I haven't checked the collections tracker to see if I owned it or not.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - I might have gotten the ship at one point in time.

Ships and sparrows are the one thing I shredded on the regular and I haven't checked the collections tracker to see if I owned it or not.

If the ship or sparrow is not Exotic, I shred it.  Especially if I need Bright Dust.

It cost me 4K Bright Dust to get a full set of Arc glowies for my Solstice armor.

Oh, and you were right, Rippa.

I kept on all my Solstice armor on except for the helmet for two matches after you called it a night and I finally got the Legend Valor PvP Rank status credit I needed to masterwork my Solstice leg armor.  Now I'm just missing the Prestige Leviathan clear for the chest armor.

Honestly, I'd be happy with a clear on Normal since I still need two Emperor's Seals for my LoA shotgun and I could try Prestige after that for the LoA catalyst and the ornament.

It took me nearly all season but I finally reset my Valor rank. Tokens came pouring in.

I'm working on a third armor set with a pair of ST0MP-E55's for just in case I am free one weekend to do the Whisper of the Worm thing.  I suck at jumping puzzles, so I will need all the help I can get.

What's funny is that I would really like the purple armor for my Warlock but I also know it won't matter at all since I fully expect to be well past 400 within the first week Forsaken comes out

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

What's funny is that I would really like the purple armor for my Warlock but I also know it won't matter at all since I fully expect to be well past 400 within the first week Forsaken comes out

That's why I'm saving up Legendary shards.  I'll just buy engrams after launch to get the new two-perk purple armor and guns and then just infuse as I go along. 

In theory, the database should be patched by then so that nothing from Seasons 1-3 shows up in reweard gear from the Cryptarch or the Weaponsmith.

There's also bound to be story reward gear, so I'm not worried about LL or being behind the power curve..

One of the guns that should transcend easily (unfortunately)  into S4 is Redrix's Claymore since it has Outlaw and another perk that buffs Outlaw.  RC appears to the template for how guns will work in Season 4.

The Leviathan raid hand cannon, Midnight Coup, should also be okay since the damn thing has both Rampage and Outlaw.  I think it also has Ambitious Assassin as a either a selectable perk or an alternate perk, but I am not sure.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

One of the guns that should transcend easily (unfortunately)  into S4 is Redrix's Claymore since it has Outlaw and another perk that buffs Outlaw.  RC appears to the template for how guns will work in Season 4.

Aww... you haven't being paying attention

Redrix’s Claymore is being retired in Season 4
Players who already earned the weapon will still be able to equip and use it
Players will be unable to earn Redrix’s Claymore beyond Season 3
Shaxx will offer a new quest that players can complete to earn Redrix’s Broadsword, a companion weapon to Redrix’s Claymore
Redrix’s Broadsword features a similar talent arrangement, but it does not share the lore and Triumphs associated with Redrix’s Claymore
Once you’ve earned the weapon, random roll versions of Redrix’s Broadsword will start dropping from Crucible engrams
Each drop will have the fixed Outlaw + Desperado combination
Each drop will also have randomized barrels, magazines, and Masterwork perks
Players who earned Redrix’s Claymore in Season 3 will receive additional bonuses
Owners of Redrix’s Claymore will be granted an exclusive emblem when redeeming the corresponding Triumph 
Claymore owners will be eligible for drops of Redrix’s Broadsword from Crucible engrams even without completing the corresponding quest
A new Crucible reward will be added via a quest in Season 4

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Aww... you haven't being paying attention.

It's good to see that people that bothered to grind Glory will get something for their effort.

I hate PvP that is too sweaty, so I am not tempted to grind Glory before S4 just for that shit.

To be honest - I actually missed it in the notes this past week only realized it was happening because Datto did a whole video on it that happened to pop up in my feed.

Bungie posted the specifics about the quest from Shaxx and it is a loooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg fucking grind

Like everything is doable by a player but the last step is you have to reset your rank 5 times during a season and previous resets don't count

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Cayde's Spicy Ramen quest is officially active

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight before Flashpoint...  Hopefully it's doable on the solo tip.

I was kinda sorta hoping that getting 400 Triumph Points would be crowning achievement of MoT but hey,  it's new content, right?

I am far too paranoid about completing Solstice and MoT content before Forsaken's release date not to complete this quest as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To be honest - I actually missed it in the notes this past week only realized it was happening because Datto did a whole video on it that happened to pop up in my feed.

Bungie posted the specifics about the quest from Shaxx and it is a loooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg fucking grind

Like everything is doable by a player but the last step is you have to reset your rank 5 times during a season and previous resets don't count

Fuck that.  I like PvP, but I don't like PvP that much.

That being said, It is good to see the devs are doing more for the PvP endgame side of the house, but damn why does endgame content have to be so grindy?  

All of this everchanging Dreaming City bullshit I hear in the vids makes me dread Season 4 raiding.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As of this moment - the Spicy Ramen is nothing.

You pick up your ticket and that's it.

It might be a play every day deal or something else.

Has anyone taken their ticket to the noodle shop in the Tower that's near the New Monarchy enclave?

So is there a place where I can find some random to befriend and run nightfall with me? I really want at least the purple armor for my hunter. I know it will be worthless once Forsaken is out, but it would still be nice to have.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That's where the quest starts

The reddits say that you can find several tickets around the Tower.   

Scavenger hunt?

Or not.... People posting on the reddits say the tickets they're finding appear to be dupes of the original..

Probably a bug.

What I have seen is if you dismantle the ticket - you can go back to the shop and get another (so clearly you need the ticket for something)

Also a lot of folks are claiming they are tired to Cayde's chests this week - that is also a lie since I already got all 5 chests and nothing happened.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also a lot of folks are claiming they are tired to Cayde's chests this week - that is also a lie since I already got all 5 chests and nothing happened.

Yes, I am also seeing a lot of THIS SHIT IS NOT TIED TO THE STASHES~! warnings on the reddits.

I should be at the 'rent's crib by 4:30 or so.  You still need Blue armor story mission help for your Warlock?

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - you can get multiple. I have 2 now and some people are up to 4 (but some of the locations they say aren't matching mine)

So the tickets are different?

Back to the Scavenger Hunt theory?  Quest advances after you find a certain number of tickets?

I'm guessing that there is probably one in the secret room you have to jump to in order to read Ana Bray's datapad.

I will laugh if the servers crash with all of those players wandering around the Tower and not leaving.

There are theories all over the place that people are trying out (due to the lore on the ticket)

What is weird is that the ticket is exactly the same (and so is the lore) but it takes up two different slots in consumables. So it is either a glitch or a bigger plot

A Destiny data miner called "dmg" has tweeted that the quest is time gated.  

If there is another quest step, it's not unlockable quite yet.  Nothing to do but get a ticket and wait.

He was the guy posting on the reddits about the mission not being linked to this week's Secret Stash fetchit....

I got my Spicy Ramen ticket yesterday.  Looking forward to seeing what the quest milestone is for this afternoon.

Rippa, Travis and I got a score of 130K for Savathun's Song PN, so two SoH helmet upgrades there.  I don't think the Duty Bound rifle dropped for anyone and I didn't get any new catalysts to grind.  Damn.

We would've gotten done sooner if I hadn't fucked up and put the wrong modifers in my Five of Swords during the second attempt causing us to wipe at the first Ogre.. 

I wanted to run Solar Singe, but somehow I plugged in Arc.  Bwah... 

We also wiped on the first try.  I blame myself because I think I had the Power Handicap too high.

Third run was all Rock & Roll.  I think we overdamaged the Shrieker during the boss fight. because it felt like we got two adds stages for the price of one in the middle of the brawl.   We melted the Shrieker during the final health gate stage and I got the last upgrade for that particular strike emblem.

After that, I bounced to Mars to find an EP group and Jake came with after being unable to find an EoW LFG. 

We finally linked up with some brave souls after an hour of loitering.  it took two tries to clear the Wave 7 Boss.  I got body armor from the last chest.  No weapon dropped for me, but I hear it was the shotgun that was available this week and I don't need that weapon for my IKELOS emblem upgrade.. 

I think the SMG is up next week, so that will probably be my last time to attempt to farm it before Forsaken renders all current purple useless.

I hit the Super Ogre with my Tessaract during the Final Wave.  No Catalyst Progress.  Fuck this Worldline Zero bullshit.

Finished Flashpoint and Clan XP milestones this morning.  I think that Jake and I may hit the Crucible tonight to knock out CTA. I completed my Vigilance Wing catalyst during the IB and have been enjoying the Full Auto feature.

The clan may also raid this evening (Normal Leviathan) if we have enough people on, since quite a few DARPA peeps are due for LoA upgrades.  If we head out, we're going to try to clear at least one checkpoint so that the crew can loot two chests for Emperor's Seals.

IIRC, I think most of our unit that have LoA are short one seal and I need two for my upgrade.

If we're making good time and aren't too frustrated if or when we get to Caius, we may try to finish up and run keys if it isn't the ass end of midnight by the time we're done.  Otherwise we'll run keys tomorrow..

I'm looking forward to FINALLY not having to lug the LoA around with me everywhere I go.  You can't store it in your Vault until it's upgraded; you can only discard it for shards.  Since I am paranoid, I've never tried to shred it.

I'm going to get a new headset after work since it sounds like my old one seems to generate a lot of feedback.  I've never heard the noise before over my own feed, but I adjusted my audio settings this morning and finally caught the buzzing noise that has been driving people crazy this whole time. 

Sorry, guys.