DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

1 minute ago, RUkered said:

So I don't have this game yet, but Melraz has been urging me to get it. I was playing Halo 2 last night (very current on my games as you can tell) and got an invite to a party chat with Melraz and Robert. 

From an outsider's perspective - just based on the descriptions the two of them gave me, this is my understanding of the game:

- You can have neon suits that male Melraz throw up 

- There are blue people who can punch you to death - no guns necessary

- Melraz still cleans house with a sniper rifle before anyone else can get a shot off

- There is some character with an ability to shoot wizardry out of its ass to kill people.

- You can get hugged to death with some kind of cellophane net-like thing.

How far off am I?

This sounds pretty accurate.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I played with a guy last night whose screen name is OpieandAnthony

I almost reported him just on principle.

The first candidate for my No Revive List.

There are multiple blue people

Ones that can punch you to death

Ones that you can use to punch people to death with

You can definitely get hugged to death - I assume this is how @CSC will constantly die once he starts playing MP

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You can definitely get hugged to death - I assume this is how @CSC will constantly die once he starts playing MP

I have been crushed to death three times now by Kett Fiends while trying complete a Hack and have seen randos get auto-murdered during an Upload by Kett Ascendants that casually teleport into the area just snatch up whomever they want.

Hack challenge waves and Upload challenge waves with Kett on the board are fucking infuriating.

Outlaws and Remnant not so much since Outlaw Hydra units are fucking slow as mud so you can usually destroy them before they close in and most Remnant enemies prefer to keep their distance.

I thought that nothing could be cheaper than the Cerberus Phantom one shot, but here are Kett Ascendants grabbing me from ninety feet away with their fucking energy globes and violently pulling my soul out of my body through my nostrils.

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

So I don't have this game yet, but Melraz has been urging me to get it. I was playing Halo 2 last night (very current on my games as you can tell) and got an invite to a party chat with Melraz and Robert. 

From an outsider's perspective - just based on the descriptions the two of them gave me, this is my understanding of the game:

- You can have neon suits that make Melraz throw up 

- There are blue people who can punch you to death - no guns necessary

- Melraz still cleans house with a sniper rifle before anyone else can get a shot off

- There is some character with an ability to shoot wizardry out of its ass to kill people.

- You can get hugged to death with some kind of cellophane net-like thing.

How far off am I?

Sounds about right.

My all yellow outfit is designed to blind Melraz so he can't steal my kills.  It hasn't worked yet.

• Like 2

Melraz and I tried a couple golds last night.  We started the first one by ourselves, though a couple of randoms joined immediately.  Thirty seconds into the first one, we were both dead.  Figured, that was it and we'd better get our asses back to bronze, but then a funny thing happened.  We got revived, settled down and started doing pretty well.

Both of us extracted the first match.  It was a partial, as one of our teammates that died 92352356 times got killed one more time right as the timer finished.

Second match was harder, since we got retrievals at level 6, but I extracted, along with one of the randoms.  Melraz got caught by something and either couldn't get there in time or couldn't revive.

Really they weren't as bad as I expected.  Would've gone smoother if either of us had more than 1-2 RPGs.  We did cheat, though, by starting with outlaws.  I'm still not ready for Kett on gold.

• Like 1

God, the night owl hours you two keep are murderous on my old man bio-clock.

Either I am going to have to ask for swing shift more often or take a nap after dinner.

That one time I was up until four in the morning with you dudes after getting home from work at midnight, I went to bed and didn't wake up until nearly two in the afternoon.

Just in time to get dressed and go back to work at 4 PM.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yea - with the lack of time I've had to play recently, that's going to be around Christmastime before I finally finish the story and move on to MP.  

By then, I'll probably need a hug anyway.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jstout said:

Don't forget the ever-depressing getting teabagged to death. That's always pleasant.

That one is especially fun, since you have time to see it coming.  And because the enemies are so casual about it.  They just kind of crush your spine and wander off.

I had to revive twice last night even though folks were coming to heal me just to avoid that situation.

• Like 1

The gold pays damn good. We thought we would last 3 minutes. We were off died way before but sure glad 2 joined and revived us. Then it was time to spring clean. I had said im not using any revives, health packs, or rpgs unless we make it to wave 5 or 6. 

Ran out of shit again on the 2 gold playthroughs. I was killed in extraction with 3 or 4 seconds left without any revives. But on gold as long as 1 extracts I'm happy. 

The angara and his trip mines are a lot of fun. Said i was done leveling characters up but I was wrong. I like him. 

That and if no one else is on I will play bronze and use new characters becuase the asari adept is to easy. Silver is to hard to do with all the random level 1-8 players who just want other people to level them up. Stick to bronze you bastards. 

Oh yeah thursday night will be my last until we get back from vacation. Boss lady has to work nights and I'm off. Then May 26th probably be my next run. 

On a side note, when robert had to go I played a little campaign and finally got to see some nipples. I like nipples. 

• Like 1

My Female Human Vanguard IV is a total beast.  I could consistently come in at least second or third place with her in Bronze, if not first.

She sooo reminds me of

giphy.gif

The old Charge, Nova, Shotgun Blast, Melee Attack chain still works like magic and it helps when your primary weapon is a Katana VIII with a Smart Choke and  Melee Enhancer (which looks like a two foot long carbon steel bayonet that you should be using to gut Kett like fish... but you still smash things to death with your fists when you hit the Y Button). 

I am not quite a Veelox Vanguard.  Yes, I did my best to be a total murder bear, but I didn't get dropped in horrible places. 

On the rare occasion I did get winged, I used a Revival Pack to sort myself out and didn't lure the team into the Clashing Rocks while trying to rescue my ass.

Stout and I were on for quite a bit yesterday afternoon on Multiplayer and Dan tagged in to take my place.  I wanted to come back online after dinner but I had to help my kid with some History homework via Skype.  Dad Stuff has priority.

I got one angry PM from a Soldier that did not get much killing in and a Friend Request from a dude playing an Engineer that was smart enough to set up as many Tech and Cryo detonations for me as possible for my Charge and Shockwave.  Some people understand team synergy and some don't.

So the only Common classes I have to work up to 10 are my Male Human Vanguard, both Sentinels and both Adepts. 

The Female Human Adept is VI, so she should be pretty monstrous when it comes to generating blue explosions.

I unlocked the M-88 Indra with the last pack that I bought and gave it to my Salarian Infiltrator.  It should be fun getting my Uncommons up to 10.  The Asari Sentinel may be a little painful until I figure out how to spec Backlash to my play style.

Once I figure out who I like to play the most, I'll start rolling in Silvers and the occasional Gold match with the kits I'm really good with.

Speaking of Dad Stuff, I have to support the Fighting Lady Falcons this afternoon so I will be at my kid's soccer game until around 6:30PM with the traditional Victory Feast or Dinner with Consolation Milk Shake to follow.  I should be on around 7PM or so.  Maybe 8.

By the time I get back to the 'rents crib, Strike Teams Uniform and Golf should've earned me enough Mission Funds to cop the Tech Damage Enhancer and I will give that to my Engineers and other Tech heavy APEX people.

I futzed around in the epilogue until the Rangers and SDL game on.

Man - is every task on Eladeen bugged?

So irritating

I need to figure out what shotgun I want to use in Multiplayer with my KroGuard. 

I got the Hesh yesterday from an Advanced Pack while gaming with Stout, but I don't want to use it with a KroGuard if the Hesh is a charged weapon like most Kett firearms are. 

Vanguard power / weapon attack chains need to hit like bang bang bang bang.

If we're talking strictly Krogan With A Shotgun combos, the Hesh is probably better suited for use by the KroGineer

God, I really miss the M-11 Wraith right now.

If you are playing tonight shoot me a message if you want to do MP because most likely I will just be fucking around on Eladeen

It is a rare night where there is no wrestling that I watch live and no Rangers

Just now, RIPPA said:

If you are playing tonight shoot me a message if you want to do MP because most likely I will just be fucking around on Eladeen

It is a rare night where there is no wrestling that I watch live and no Rangers

Coolio.  I won't be on until around seven or eight depending on when I get back from dinner with my daughter following the soccer game.

I enjoy how JT will hide behind a wall two feet from an Ascendent so he can let the dogs out yet the fucker warps through two walls to come instakill me

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I enjoy how JT will hide behind a wall two feet from an Ascendent so he can let the dogs out yet the fucker warps through two walls to come instakill me

I have no idea why that happened the way it did. 

It wasn't an official DVDVR Multiplayer night until my girlfriend called in the middle of the firefight with the Outlaws to talk on the phone for ten minutes about a rug she wants for the Living Room.

I've completed my collection of Uncommon characters now since I got the Krogan Engineer from the Expert Pack I bought last night.  I'm still on track to get my Common classes up to 10th and then start bringing my Uncommons up to snuff and earn creds towards Expert Packs and hope to unlock more Rares.

My Male Human Vanguard III is 9th level now.  I snuck in a quick match at five in the morning.  I got dumped in on Wave 2 and still got a First Place finish.  Vanguard power synergy is still ridiculous and shotguns are somewhat overpowered.

The one thing I do like about ME:A is that "basic" weapons aren't disposable.  All of my Commons are packing the wonderfully lightweight Predator IX as the preferred side arm and most of them are equipped with the Pistol Receiver and Pistol Scope mods.  I think the Predators that my Infiltrators carry have the Thermal Clip mod rather than the Pistol Scope. 

In a pinch, a high level Predator can still get the job done.  It isn't the GTA5 9mm Pistol that you can't wait to get rid of anymore.

Once my Make Human Vanguard hits 10th, I may suffer through leveling up my Sentinels before doing the Adepts.  My Human Female Adept is a VI so she should burn through enemies in Bronze with relative ease so she should be fairly enjoyable to play, provided I'm not in a squad full of retards.

I made enough in Mission Funds to buy the Engineering Kit for my Tech Power folks.  Now to wait and see what the Friday restock will bring and hope I can get enough Strike Force activity in to build up my reserves.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Being killed (and stepped on) while in the LZ during level 7 did stink, though. 

I also suffered the early execution by Ascendant Orb in that one match.  Probably cost me at least a thousand points towards my score.

Why is it that my woman calls me during the busiest part of the battle when I am in multiplayer, but never when a one shot enemy insta-kills me and I actually have time to talk?

• Like 3

Stout and I started giggling uncontrollably when we heard "Hey Babe! Oh just watching some TV"

It was officially a MP session then

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Stout and I started giggling uncontrollably when we heard "Hey Babe! Oh just watching some TV"

It was officially a MP session then

I know better than to say that I am gaming because then she will try to compete for time with the X-Box.

That just makes the phone call last longer than it should.

Havarl is so much easier to navigate than Voeld is.  I shoulda come here first.

Oh, and does the ME:A Widow still have the natural cover penetration ability of its ME3 namesake? 

Because I tried to use a Widow II in MP the other day and it didn't appear to drill through squat until I put a SR Receiver mod on it in the next match.

• Like 1

Hate I missed the extravaganza. Going to work at 9pm on Tuesday and Wednesday takes away from my playing. My mom is coming in tomorrow so Id say I won't make my apperance afterall. Going to take my 8am Saturday shift off though so I should be able to stay up Saturday night more than usual on those nights. 

I havent used the wodow in MP yet. I love the black widow on SP so lookin forward to gettin it. 

I run with the melee optimizer on my pistol. It, with the juggernaut shield makes the asari adept a melee freak.