DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 7/2/16

victor

* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day kick off SmackDown but are interrupted by The Club. AJ Styles vs. Kofi Kingston is announced for later

* Becky Lynch defeated WWE Women's Champion Charlotte in a non-title match by DQ when Dana Brooke interfered. After the match, Natalya and Becky beat Charlotte and Dana down

* The Dudley Boyz defeated Goldust and R-Truth, after a ringside distraction from Tyler Breeze and Fandango

* Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn defeated Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio. After the match, Owens brings a ladder in the ring and climbs up to grab the Money In the Bank briefcase

* WWE United States Champion Rusev defeated Jack Swagger. Rusev attacked after the match but Titus O'Neil made the save

* AJ Styles defeated Kofi Kingston in the main event. Styles used a Styles Clash to win while Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Big E and Xavier Woods brawled at ringside

How do you make me not want to watch a match with Ambrose, Sami, and KO? Put Alberto Del Rio in it. Can we get The Club taking out ADR prior to MITB and slide AJ in that spot?

I'm looking foward to New Day vs. The Club much more than I am Cena overcoming the odds again and beating The Club.

Good show this week.

AJ is so much more natural on the mic as a heel and the main event was pretty heated. I love the New Day but the act in this context really doesn't feel appropriate, IMO. Would love to see them develop more of an edge during this feud.

It was nice to see Becky and Charlotte back at it again. Becky remains the best pure babyface wrestler on the roster. Not sure anyone is even close, honestly.

I legit lol'd when Del Rio called Sami Zayn a paper boy. Fucking perfect. Tag match was really good too.

I swear to God, I'm not liveblogging this show, but I do wanna say one thing and that's all: I am going to do my level best to never ... ever ... watch a WWE TV show without using my DVR ever agayn.

• Like 2

I REALLY wanted to hate that singalong entrance, but Goldust's facial expressions had me laughing.  Really enjoyed AJ/Kofi.  It was weird at first with The Club being super serious and New Day being wacky.  But it worked out quite nicely.